Unique Melody Platform Pure 6 (PP6) - review (1st post), discussion, appreciation, & tour thread
Sep 26, 2012 at 2:05 AM Post #287 of 484
Here are the PP6 specs from custom-iem.com:

The dedicated amp will have a matte black surface! As for the paired custom IEM, it has triple bore, 6 drivers, 3-way crossover: 2low 2mid 2 high.
Specifications:
Frequency response: 10H~23KHz
Low frequency stereo isolation: 56 dB (100Hz)
Mid frequency stereo isolation: 56 dB (1KHz)
High frequency stereo isolation: 56 dB (10KHz)
Total harmonic distortion: 0.002% (10mW)
SNR: 102 dB
6-Channel Amplified Analog Output: >100mA per channel
Digitally controlled variable bass output: +0dB/+6dB/+9dB Boost
USB: supports 24Bit/96KHz input
Optical/Coaxial: supports 24Bit/96KHz input
Playback time: ≥7h
Charging time: ≤8h
Battery capacity: 3000mA

PP6 is ready for pre-order, and its option has been added to the order form.

Sep 26, 2012 at 11:21 AM Post #288 of 484
I bet hand over fist money that it is infact a Cirrus DSP.

Specifically

http://www.cirrus.com/en/pubs/proDatasheet/CS470xx_PP9.pdf

[size=x-small][size=x-small]300,000,000 MAC/S (multiply accumulates per second)[/size][/size]

[size=x-small][size=x-small]72-bit accumulators are the highest precision in the[/size][/size]
[size=x-small][size=x-small]industry[/size][/size]

[size=x-small][size=x-small]Curious that they can also only muster a 7hour run time...[/size][/size]

[size=x-small][size=x-small]that phase graph is intresting... at 10k-ish that is nearly a 180 degree shift in high frequency. Assuming a 10k fundamental, that is going to cause some cancellation on the 5khz (1st order) which will affect mid frequency.[/size][/size]

Sep 26, 2012 at 2:19 PM Post #291 of 484
Well yes harmonically but I'd assume not in equal magnitude.  We'll see.  
wink_face.gif

Oct 3, 2012 at 1:16 AM Post #294 of 484
PP6 demo update...

Stephen was going to get two demos, but ended up with one now and another on the way, so he will bring the one he has to CanJam and then send it around for the world tour.  If you want to hear it first, go to CanJam!  He will get a 2nd unit sometime in October.

Oct 3, 2012 at 3:25 PM Post #296 of 484
Quote:
PP6 demo update...

Stephen was going to get two demos, but ended up with one now and another on the way, so he will bring the one he has to CanJam and then send it around for the world tour.  If you want to hear it first, go to CanJam!  He will get a 2nd unit sometime in October.

Great to 'hear'.  I am headed to CanJam for the first time and looking for CIEM.  I was planning to listen to Unique Melody among others. I am really curious to see if the PP6 set up is discernably better than the Miracle + DAC/amp which would obviously cost much less.  Do you have any insight on how the demo process works at Can Jam?  Do I need to make a reservation or is it first come first served? Thanks!

Oct 3, 2012 at 4:21 PM Post #299 of 484
Quote:
Great to 'hear'.  I am headed to CanJam for the first time and looking for CIEM.  I was planning to listen to Unique Melody among others. I am really curious to see if the PP6 set up is discernably better than the Miracle + DAC/amp which would obviously cost much less.  Do you have any insight on how the demo process works at Can Jam?  Do I need to make a reservation or is it first come first served? Thanks!

Just come and say hi on saturday and sunday, I will have a demo lying on the table. Anyone can have a listen!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back