Upgrade to vmoda m80.
May 2, 2013 at 7:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Luv My BASS 1

100+ Head-Fier
It's time to upgrade from the pair of M80s I've had since they first came out. Budget is $300, but can be stretched a bit. I'm totally okay with getting used headphones. I generally liked the sound of the M80, but I felt they needed a touch more bass to truly shine. So far, I've been considering:

Vmoda m100
Audio technica ES10 (leaning towards these, as I found a great deal on them)
Sony XB1000
Sennheiser Momentum
Logitech UE9000

Help me fellow head-fiers!

FYI, the $630 in a jar that I have in my signature is in an entirely different fund from this

May 2, 2013 at 8:04 PM Post #2 of 3
I can only give input on 3...

If you are looking for something similar to M80 with more bass the M100 is basically that.

The momentums are not. They are much much closer to neutral. They have a bit more bass over neutral, but probably less than M80.

XB1000 are basically only bass. So it might be overwhelming if you are looking only for a small bump.

May 2, 2013 at 8:12 PM Post #3 of 3
I can only give input on 3...

If you are looking for something similar to M80 with more bass the M100 is basically that.

The momentums are not. They are much much closer to neutral. They have a bit more bass over neutral, but probably less than M80.

XB1000 are basically only bass. So it might be overwhelming if you are looking only for a small bump.

Yeah, the m100 seem pretty good. I've actually never heard two people say the same thing about the XB1000. Some say that they are more sub bass focused with only average mid bass quantity, and smooth mids and highs. Still considering all of these equally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back