V-Moda Crossfade M-80 Initial Impressions/Review (Not chosen for the Sponsor Review, but bought a pair anyways)
Sep 26, 2011 at 9:05 PM Post #31 of 35
  I asked the V-MODA support team and sadly, they said that only one design per pair of custom plates. 

That is surprising. They seem to be more than helpful. Hmmm wonder if Val is around to let us know if that is policy. Don't know why it would be hard to do two different ones. Same amount of work I would think. Maybe not.

Sep 26, 2011 at 9:11 PM Post #32 of 35
Is the deal still going? I didn't see the sponsor thread in which they said you can use the HEADFI coupon code to redeem the free stuff. And did you upload the picture onto a image website and told them to put it on there in the order instructions? I only saw the custom shields for the crossfade lps... jk I figured it out.

Quote:

The logo I sent was originally 1200x1200 with inverted colors to make it black and white. The logo is indeed on both sides, but I'm sure if you sent two logos in, they'd be more than happy to put them both on. When they shipped it in, they include a small tool for the screws which was a lot tougher than expected. Make no mistake, having the custom plates really adds a LOT to the dynamic of having the M-80's. It really feels like it was personally crafted for you, being very durable and well built, while having phenomenal sound.

Yes sir! I was torn between the Dai-Gurren logo, the Ghost in the Shell logo and a few others. Ultimately, I decided that Dai-Gurren, as much as I love it, just would look generic on the headphones. Plus, if it's black and white, it wouldn't look the same. And that I'm not entirely limited to just having one set of custom plates; I can always purchase more with new designs on there.

Sep 26, 2011 at 10:15 PM Post #34 of 35
I think they are sticking to the one custom graphic per set of plates rule and suspect they will be firm about that to keep the costs down.

May 22, 2012 at 11:06 AM Post #35 of 35
I seem to remember reading somewhere that the images all get reconstructed into vector files after you upload them - so two images require twice the work for the same price. Know what you mean though, two images would be cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back