V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Aug 7, 2016 at 12:00 PM Post #22,684 of 23,366
God Im seriously debating whether to get these or the oppo pm3 (found good deal) for school.   I had the lp's and was dissapointed, but I also believe the 100 to better.

I've never heard the PM-3 but the M-100, while significantly clearer sounding than the LP, still shares a similar signature.

Aug 8, 2016 at 10:30 AM Post #22,687 of 23,366
  God Im seriously debating whether to get these or the oppo pm3 (found good deal) for school.   I had the lp's and was dissapointed, but I also believe the 100 to better.

Well, i have my m100 and i love them, but i tested pm3 with a friend for only about 20-30 min.

So take this with a grain of salt ..

i think it will all depend on what signature do you prefer,

First, pm3 was a bit more comfortable than m100 + XL pads ..

the pm3 is a much more balanced headphone, you will never get the bass rumble of the m100 on the pm3.

pm3 mids are forward, m100 is more of a v-shaped signature with mids a bit laid back and relaxed, while i don't think that m100 has that big of a sound stage, but the pm3 seems even smaller in soundstage.

as for the sound quality they both sound amazing with a slight edge to pm3.

i think m100 is the more fun out of both.

iam not that professional but thats what i heard with my ears, anyone feel otherwise, please correct me.

Aug 8, 2016 at 10:34 AM Post #22,688 of 23,366

Well, i have my m100 and i love them, but i tested pm3 with a friend for only about 20-30 min.

the pm3 is a much more balanced headphone, you will never get the bass rumble of the m100 on the pm3.

pm3 mids are forward, m100 is more of a v-shaped signature with mids a bit laid back and relaxed, while i don't think that m100 has that big of a sound stage, but the pm3 seems even smaller in soundstage.

iam not that professional but thats what i heard with my ears, anyone feel otherwise, please correct me.

Thank you, much appreciate, I might get some used m 100 just for the price difference then. Especially cause I just bought a fidelio x2

Aug 8, 2016 at 11:13 AM Post #22,689 of 23,366

This pretty much sums it up...the only part I'd disagree with is the soundstage being smaller on the PM3...to me it's a bit wider.  But other than that, spot on.

Aug 8, 2016 at 11:21 AM Post #22,690 of 23,366
Dear Head-Fi forums,

It has been nearly impossible to keep quiet on this, but it is finally official!!! V-MODA and Roland has joined forces!

VENI. VIDI. VICI. 

Watch the video and stay tuned for more thrilling information.

We couldn't do it without your support, I sincerely thank every one of you.

#808Day #VFamily

JUDE + VAL KOLTON INTERVIEW VIDEO

Aug 8, 2016 at 2:43 PM Post #22,692 of 23,366
  Hi guys,

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but here goes. I am new to the headphone game and recently got the V Moda M100's. I'm loving them so far, but I'm a total bass head. I was wondering if you guys could help me with this bass boosting question.
At what point is it dangerous to bass boost? Let's say I'm using them unamped on my laptop and I have my volume at 100% with the bass boosted at a 75 or 100hz frequency with a bass boost of 12dB. Could this damage my headphones? If I'm listening to a bass heavy song for instance.

I was also wondering if there's an EQ guide of some sorts to get me started with this, because I'm kind of clueless right now and getting mixed answers from other forums... Please correct me if this is in the wrong subreddit

thanks in advance!

Figured I'd ask this on reddit and in here to get the best advice possible.

Bro I use an amp and push my set louder than any PC/Phone can make your headphones hit. I do this regularly for hours at a time sometime. They literally vibrate on my head like headband and all shaking. I wouldnt worry about that. I go extreme basshead with these and I dont fear the capability of the set taking massive amounts of juice at this point.

My hearing on another note, should be what I worry about now :D

(I do this with old car audio bass cd's as well i.e. DJ Magic Mike and such. So very low frequencies are o k as well)

Aug 8, 2016 at 2:46 PM Post #22,693 of 23,366
  Dear Head-Fi forums,

It has been nearly impossible to keep quiet on this, but it is finally official!!! V-MODA and Roland has joined forces!

VENI. VIDI. VICI. 

#808Day #VFamily

I was hoping to see some "Damascus" metal style caps, any idea if this is a possibility? :) I think they would look very pretty on my m100s!

Aug 8, 2016 at 11:34 PM Post #22,694 of 23,366
I really wish Bose and V-Moda would team up and make a headphone together lol. I love my M-100's which is about to be two years old of usage and love them. Sounds great but comfort is lacking even with the pads.... Got the Bose QC35 to try out for a review back in late May and fell in love with them for a few reasons. They sounded decent but the fact it was Bluetooth, Active noise cancellation and one of the most comfortable pair of headphones I have ever used made them my go to pair of headphones on my commute to school and work. Finally put the M-100 back on and they really do hurt my head after a few minutes of usage :frowning2:

Really would love a Bose headphone build with the M-100 sound signature

Aug 9, 2016 at 12:52 AM Post #22,695 of 23,366
  Dear Head-Fi forums,

VENI. VIDI. VICI. 

#808Day #VFamily

wow! That's amazing!
congrats Val!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back