V-MODA Zn: Official Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, Videos, etc.
Dec 4, 2015 at 6:27 PM Post #151 of 363

I didn't post about that earlier, but mine most certainly made of plastic.  Interesting, maybe Val can chime in here? 

They are definitely Zinc!  Not plastic... they have a coating however that feels matte.

Dec 4, 2015 at 6:43 PM Post #153 of 363
Dec 5, 2015 at 1:19 AM Post #155 of 363
Only gripe is that carry pouch, I really really don't like it. lol Nitpicking probably, but everything else is so fitting, I feel like they should have given a miniature m-100 exoskeleton case, that would have been perfect.

It's not Nitpicking. It really is a bad pouch. Not sure how that made it in the package. It barely fits the headphones. It's a pain in the ass to use. Need to take Trinity Audios queue as their case for the Deltas is perfect. Small hard shell w a zipper.

Dec 5, 2015 at 3:52 AM Post #156 of 363
It's not Nitpicking. It really is a bad pouch. Not sure how that made it in the package. It barely fits the headphones. It's a pain in the ass to use. Need to take Trinity Audios queue as their case for the Deltas is perfect. Small hard shell w a zipper.

Glad I'm not the only one that thinks that lol.  Just googled it and yeah that's a good case the with the Deltas.  Thinking whether to buy the V-MODA Faders just to use that case.  Not sure if it will fit the ZN though... 

Dec 5, 2015 at 5:38 AM Post #158 of 363
For example: the exterior of modern high-end Nikon SLR lenses feels like metal and is very well made but in fact it is made from some kind of "special NASA plastic".

My D7100 feels like plastic, but it has a magnesium alloy body on the inside. XD

Anyway, the Zn was supposed to arrive yesterday but for some reason it wasn't.

Dec 5, 2015 at 3:24 PM Post #160 of 363
1) The sound sig is def closer to the M-100 than the XS. The XS had forward mids and not this amount of bass.

2) The black material on the ear pieces is plastic as far as I'm concerned. Running my nail across them and tapping - it feels EXACTLY like hard plastic that I've run across on many other products. If it is actually metal, then V-MODA needs to rethink the finish. The more expensive material just doesn't show.

But ultimately it doesn't matter, so I dunno why we're getting wound up about it. Regardless, the Zn are a great-looking (and unique) pair of earphones. And you know they'll hold up, they're made by V-MODA!

Dec 6, 2015 at 5:38 AM Post #161 of 363
To me the black material is most definitely a metal material...it's cold to the touch. It doesn't feel like hard plastic to me either.

I've gotta say. When it comes to opening packages, V-MODA's products never disappoint me. That's a freaking awesome box! XD

Dec 6, 2015 at 10:04 AM Post #162 of 363
It feels more like metal than plastic to me, but whatever it is it's not cheap feeling.  Yeah the box is pretty amazing compared to others out there.

Dec 6, 2015 at 10:57 AM Post #163 of 363
Can more users comment on the sound sig in relation to m100 vs xs? I do love both, but like the more balanced sound of xs overall. so the zn definitely has less MR? is the MR still detailed and full enough? thanks :wink:

Dec 6, 2015 at 5:32 PM Post #165 of 363
Hoping Val can comment: will there be an updated version for Android? not sure why there can't be a 3-button version with volume control for Android?
wink.gif

There's a single button version coming out for android iirc. There are little if any headsets that support android volume control.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back