Violectric DHA V590 DAC/AMP - Blue Velvet
Jul 9, 2023 at 4:26 PM Post #706 of 737
chord qutest dac arya stealth and soloist 3xgt.
What voltage is supplied from the DAC to the amplifier? What gain are you using on the amp? In what position of the regulator do you get the desired volume level when used with Arya Stealth?

Jul 9, 2023 at 6:01 PM Post #707 of 737
Th LG
What voltage is supplied from the DAC to the amplifier? What gain are you using on the amp? In what position of the regulator do you get the desired volume level when used with Arya Stealth?
I can use all three, I use 2v, but that has more to do with the sensitivity of the Arya Stealth. It is a powerfull amp, if you choose 3v, I don't have a lot of volume room left (I don't play very loud, like some do).

with 2 volt and low gain I play max, 29/32 on the volume dial.

Jul 10, 2023 at 2:05 PM Post #708 of 737
Th LG

I can use all three, I use 2v, but that has more to do with the sensitivity of the Arya Stealth. It is a powerfull amp, if you choose 3v, I don't have a lot of volume room left (I don't play very loud, like some do).

with 2 volt and low gain I play max, 29/32 on the volume dial.
The Soloist GT is very powerful for Arya Stealth. I would use 1 volt of voltage from the DAC. This will allow you to get a wider dynamic range, a cleaner and more emotional sound.
If you tried the Chord Qutest + Vio 550/590 system (gain in the position - 18 / - 12 / -6 decibels) you would be very surprised by the sound. Vio with negative gain does a better job with efficient headphones.

Jul 10, 2023 at 2:28 PM Post #709 of 737
The Soloist GT is very powerful for Arya Stealth. I would use 1 volt of voltage from the DAC. This will allow you to get a wider dynamic range, a cleaner and more emotional sound.
If you tried the Chord Qutest + Vio 550/590 system (gain in the position - 18 / - 12 / -6 decibels) you would be very surprised by the sound. Vio with negative gain does a better job with efficient headphones.
I actually really liked the v550 pro (the one with resistor volume knob) (none of the lower models) with qutest, but together that was around even 1000 more euro than the soloist 3x gt + chord qutest. And the v550 pro is not 1000 euro better in sound

I got a real good deal back than. 2150 euro ‘new’ including 5A supercharger.

I did not like the v590 pro, the included dac I mean, too dark for my taste, just missing that sparkle

I agree the gt soloist is a little overpowered for the stealth, but it was the first amp that was neutral and dynamic for a change. Especially very good in the micro details, which is what I like with jazz.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2023 at 10:52 PM Post #710 of 737
I mean, the built-in dac of the v590 mk2 is quite weak... I didn't want to believe my ears that a 3700 euro device doesn't have a dac of such performance and quality integrated that there are audible differences compared to stand-alone dac devices.... I used the v590 mk2 allinone 1-2 years ago. I know well what it sounds like with active speakers and headphones. I bought an smsl do 300 device, I thought I would listen to the v590 mk2, since I only had an rca cable at home, that was the only way I could connect it. so the snr and dnr range of the dac is 127 db. with xlr cable 134 db... :))) with rca cable also wiped the floor, simply put, v590 mk2 with built-in double 9026 pro. the entire middle range is much calmer, more natural, clearer, you can listen for as long as you want, the crosstalk is on a completely different level, therefore the imaging, resolution, space, atmosphere are also much better... all this at a clearly audible level... of course, good and experienced hearing is also required... .. so I didn't think I'd say honestly that a 550 dollar dac would eat it for breakfast, but that's the reality. also from a technical point of view, dac has the best results in all areas... So this is a real high-end reference dac regardless of price. it is certain that from now on I will only recommend Violectric amplifiers to anyone.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2023 at 3:52 AM Post #711 of 737
I mean, the built-in dac of the v590 mk2 is quite weak... I didn't want to believe my ears that a 3700 euro device doesn't have a dac of such performance and quality integrated that there are audible differences compared to stand-alone dac devices.... I used the v590 mk2 allinone 1-2 years ago. I know well what it sounds like with active speakers and headphones. I bought an smsl do 300 device, I thought I would listen to the v590 mk2, since I only had an rca cable at home, that was the only way I could connect it. so the snr and dnr range of the dac is 127 db. with xlr cable 134 db... :))) with rca cable also wiped the floor, simply put, v590 mk2 with built-in double 9026 pro. the entire middle range is much calmer, more natural, clearer, you can listen for as long as you want, the crosstalk is on a completely different level, therefore the imaging, resolution, space, atmosphere are also much better... all this at a clearly audible level... of course, good and experienced hearing is also required... .. so I didn't think I'd say honestly that a 550 dollar dac would eat it for breakfast, but that's the reality. also from a technical point of view, dac has the best results in all areas... So this is a real high-end reference dac regardless of price. it is certain that from now on I will only recommend Violectric amplifiers to anyone.
I thought exaxtly the same regarding the dac sections of violectric. The amp is very well though

Jul 26, 2023 at 4:19 PM Post #713 of 737
I haven't heard the redone v2 ESS section with the ESS chips, but I still quite like the AKM implementation on my original V590. It's obviously not a world-class DAC, but for the price difference involved (well under $1k) it's a great performer. Sounds like maybe Violectric was caught off guard by the AKM chip shortage and made something a little too hastily that wasn't on the same level as the original.

Not everyone agreed with me that the AKM model was a pretty good DAC, but I always felt like that was more an issue of expectation versus reality. Again, it was basically a $700 DAC and for that cost it performed admirably. Certainly as good or better than any stand-alone DAC I can think of in that price range. Yes, the amp section is truly high-end and does benefit from a multi-thousand dollar source, but that doesn't mean the integrated DAC can't still be very pleasing.

My point here is that Violectric certainly can do quality digital devices when they spend the time on it. The old V800 DAC series was also highly regarded, as was the Lake People RS-06.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2023 at 11:20 PM Post #714 of 737
I haven't heard the redone v2 ESS section with the ESS chips, but I still quite like the AKM implementation on my original V590. It's obviously not a world-class DAC, but for the price difference involved (well under $1k) it's a great performer. Sounds like maybe Violectric was caught off guard by the AKM chip shortage and made something a little too hastily that wasn't on the same level as the original.

Not everyone agreed with me that the AKM model was a pretty good DAC, but I always felt like that was more an issue of expectation versus reality. Again, it was basically a $700 DAC and for that cost it performed admirably. Certainly as good or better than any stand-alone DAC I can think of in that price range. Yes, the amp section is truly high-end and does benefit from a multi-thousand dollar source, but that doesn't mean the integrated DAC can't still be very pleasing.

My point here is that Violectric certainly can do quality digital devices when they spend the time on it. The old V800 DAC series was also highly regarded, as was the Lake People RS-06.
My honest opinion, for a all in one, beeing on that price level (that high end model) the dac should have been better than it is. I tried a few cheap external dac’s which already sounded better.
So I would advice a v550 but not the v590

What I liked the least about it, was you had to pay more for the decent volume ‘resistor control’, the normal version had too big increments on it, never could get the volume right on it.

Jul 27, 2023 at 12:46 AM Post #716 of 737
My honest opinion, for a all in one, beeing on that price level (that high end model) the dac should have been better than it is. I tried a few cheap external dac’s which already sounded better.
So I would advice a v550 but not the v590

What I liked the least about it, was you had to pay more for the decent volume ‘resistor control’, the normal version had too big increments on it, never could get the volume right on it.
the v590 mk2 is actually worth the price of 3,300 euros, only used as an amplifier and preamp. this has the best technology, with a 4.4mm balanced connection. the plain v550 is an older construction and costs 2,600 euros.

Jul 27, 2023 at 1:26 AM Post #717 of 737
the v590 mk2 is actually worth the price of 3,300 euros, only used as an amplifier and preamp. this has the best technology, with a 4.4mm balanced connection. the plain v550 is an older construction and costs 2,600 euros.
Oh thought they upgraded the v550 to mk2 version as well. In that case the v590 overpriced amp (with a mediocre dac), there are better amps for that price

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2023 at 1:19 AM Post #719 of 737
Does anyone have a stable and reliable experience of the difference between the v590 amplifier xlr vs 6.3? which one does it sound like?
I have the V550 Pro, so the same amp section as the 590 I believe. Less power output is the most notable thing obviously.. I'm sure XLR is better sounding on paper due to the known benefits of a balanced connection, but not that different sonically in actuality.

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2023 at 1:50 AM Post #720 of 737
I have the V550 Pro, so the same amp section as the 590 I believe. Less power output is the most notable thing obviously.. I'm sure XLR is better sounding on paper due to the known benefits of a balanced connection, but not that different sonically in actuality.
have you tried the gain dip switches? Is it true that when -6 and -12db are switched, the amplifier will have lower noise and a more natural sound?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back