Violectric HPA V100 With no serial number on ebay, beware!!
Jul 1, 2011 at 3:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Acix

Headphoneus Supremus
Last week I purchased The Violectric HPA V100 on ebay, the amp cost me $520 shipped. In the ebay description and in the photos the amp looks kosher.

The seller said in his add that the amp is new, never used, no papers and box. As well the photos in the ad showed the unit
with a serial number. So, I didn't have any suspicions about this amp.

The amp arrived in like new condition and to my surprise the amp had no serial number on the back. I contacted
the seller and ask him about the serial number, he told me that I saved $450 for a little paper and one serial number.

I replied that I understand the saving issue, but I would like to know why this unite does not have a serial number.
The seller's answer was that he bought it from workers that works at the factory in Germany, and they didn't buy it
and he hope that I can understand why the serial number is missing.

At first I got panic, and told the seller that is not okay that he sold the item with the knowledge of been stolen. I've asked
for full refund to which he agreed but without the shipping cost. I've asked for the money return first, the seller answer was
that he is not crazy to send the money with out getting the amp, and I should check return ebay policy.
I did check the "Stolen property and property with removed serial numbers policy" ebay policy, and sent it to the seller...
he stopped communication.

I've contact and report ebay, and this is the email I've got:

Thank you for contacting us regarding this matter. In order for eBay to assist in your investigation, a law enforcement agency
must already be involved in assisting you. Once you have obtained the assistance of law enforcement, please have them
contact our Fraud Investigations Team by emailing us at stopfraud@ebay.com.

My investigation?? I think ebay should take full responsibility on this issue. Any suggestions?

On the ebay add you can see the first half of the serial number, you see only the model number V100. The real number that supposed to be in continuation after the V100 is cut out from the photo.

This is my new amp that I've got from this seller, without the serial number.

Jul 2, 2011 at 4:31 PM Post #2 of 14
With Paypal you get a refund when you provide a tracking number for the return package, unlike Ebay where you must wait for the package to return to destination.  

First of all, I suggest you contact Paypal, not Ebay--and it isn't too late either, since a Paypal ruling will usually override an Ebay ruling.  Don't file a claim right away w/ Paypal...for now just call it in and ask the rep if not having a serial number would be good grounds for an "item not as described" case.  Argue that the standard "brand new" Vioelectric V100s have a serial number.  And that this one could be a fake.  Add that while it was fine that the V100 didn't come with a box or papers, the serial number is engraved, and part of the amp itself, and is pretty much what authenticates it.  If the rep seems to understand, then go ahead and file the case & ask the rep to attach a note with all the above points.

I don't know what their policy is on stolen items--and I wouldn't take the risk of finding out--but the above method should work.  

Jul 2, 2011 at 5:36 PM Post #3 of 14
Thanks a lot Sphinxvc, looks like paypay is the way to go now since ebay not really helping with this case. As well thanks to project 86, I'll check out www.ic3.gov. I already contact Mr Fried Reim via headfi, and I'll wait to see what he have to say, I don't want him to get ripped off by his dishonest employee, as well I don't want nobody else to to be in my situation.

Jul 3, 2011 at 4:59 AM Post #6 of 14

Quote:
Looks like this amp left the factory just before got the SN. Now, the question is how many item left the factory this way. 

When they leave the factory that way who knows how they left it and in what way.   I wouldn't assume it was at the end whatever phase they go through. Who knows, Maybe Violectric could actually help you out with it in some way.

Jul 3, 2011 at 5:15 AM Post #7 of 14

Quote:
When they leave the factory that way who knows how they left it and in what way.   I wouldn't assume it was at the end whatever phase they go through. Who knows, Maybe Violectric could actually help you out with it in some way.

Indeed, maybe the amp can get a new SN.
beerchug.gif

Jul 4, 2011 at 10:03 AM Post #9 of 14
I am in contact with Acix.
As far as we dont have any knowledge about Violectric items with a stolen or fraud background (except the ones which are lost during shipping)
we try to gather informations to perhaps legalize Acix´s item with a serial number.

Greetz

Fried

Sep 16, 2011 at 6:15 PM Post #10 of 14
Any more info on this? I would like to trade my Auditor for this amp and have to be certain it is not counterfeit or in any way different than the one selling on Lake people's site.

Sep 16, 2011 at 8:25 PM Post #11 of 14
Anybody on eBay who replies to you by saying "you saved a lot of money, you should be happy" instead of even attempting to address the problem you raised is always trying to scam you.

Sep 17, 2011 at 5:46 AM Post #12 of 14
I Just got the serial number from lake-people... A big thanks to Fried @lake-people for his kindness. I glad Fried took responsibility for his product, this is the way to go and I'll expect no less from a great Germany company.

The official letter from lake-people with the serial number attached.

The serial number in place. 

Sep 17, 2011 at 10:16 PM Post #13 of 14

Quote:
I Just got the serial number from lake-people... A big thanks to Fried @lake-people for his kindness. I glad Fried took responsibility for his product, this is the way to go and I'll expect no less from a great Germany company.

The official letter from lake-people with the serial number attached.

The serial number in place. 

Congrats on a good ending, i thought you sent it back. Thank gosh you didn't. Nice saving's too
bigsmile_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back