Violectric V222 and V202
Apr 23, 2024 at 11:57 AM Post #1,726 of 1,730
So you mean that Thomann charged you for the UK taxes and then paid UK customs on your behalf?
Yes, I paid in GB pounds, VAT included - nothing else to pay and it's sat on the desk beside me so no chance of customs holding it hostage

Apr 23, 2024 at 4:56 PM Post #1,727 of 1,730
Yes, I paid in GB pounds, VAT included - nothing else to pay and it's sat on the desk beside me so no chance of customs holding it hostage

Fantastic, there are not many companies that have that support, Thomann are great, I bought my V222 from them as well, and the fact that they have a 30 day open purchase is a big plus, I have used it several times and it has never been any problem 👍

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2024 at 7:48 PM Post #1,728 of 1,730
IMG_7922.jpg

The violectric V222 just came in and its such an awesome sounding amp in a tiny package, my first violectric and dedicated amp. Looking to hear more with my D8k and atrium.

Apr 27, 2024 at 2:50 PM Post #1,730 of 1,730
Before purchasing the V222 and even after receiving it.
I've been reading a lot about the midrange situation on the V222.
There has been a lot of talk about midrange forwards and others say they are just right.
I had the Lyr+ when I bought the V222 and since then I've been struggling with whether or not to keep both amps.

I have the Lyr+ for sale as I don't want to keep both on my desk. But, I have a specific situation that makes me reluctant to sell the Lyr+ or not. And this situation is precisely in the presentation of the midrange and the perception of the sound stage.
Specifically with the HD800s and in live or acoustic performances.

On the album “Alison Kraus + Union Station Live” for example, when listening to it with the HD800s on the V222, it sounds really good.
I could definitely end the game right here. But, the question arises and will I listen to the same album and same configuration (Qutest and HD800s) on Lyr+.
Definitely, to my ears, the sound opens up... the voices are a little more recessed, giving space to all the other instruments in the band. Which gives me a bit of a feeling of a larger soundstage.

I do not intend to sell the V222.
For my ears and my headphones, I don't need to go any higher in the Amplifier area.

The V222+Qutest is already my end game and I'm happy with it. But, when I make this comparison with the Lyr+ using the same streamer (Volumio RIVO) + DAC (Qutest) + HD800s, unfortunately I can say that the V222 has a slightly smaller stage. A slightly more intimate presentation and slightly mids forward.
But for me everything is fine.
But, I just wanted to leave this impression here and perhaps @Ichos can help us more, improving my report, as he reviewed both amplifiers and will certainly be able to describe them much better than I can.
I take this opportunity to congratulate him on the great reviews he makes... he helps me a lot when purchasing products.

That's it! I finish by saying that the V222 is wonderful!! I don't get tired of listening to it and I don't want to buy another amplifier!! Let's enjoy the music and everything this amplifier can provide us.

PS: In everything else. Everything really. The V222 easily beats the Lyr+. At least to my ears.

Attachments

• IMG_1073.jpeg
    IMG_1073.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back