VISION EARS x Astell&Kern Aura Is Now In Stock
Sep 8, 2023 at 2:52 AM Post #16 of 39
Anyone tried the Aura with Effect Audio's Chiron Nova? Heard that Effect Audio specially created this upgrade cable to match aura

Sep 8, 2023 at 1:01 PM Post #17 of 39
Everything these days is about implementation and not as much about driver type.
Also the spacing between the drivers is carefully designed, which makes the sound incredible.

Depending on what kind of player you are pairing with tho, some players are not powerful enough to push EST.

IMHO, sp 3000 and aura sound great together. just dont know about the possible options of cable upgrade tho.

Sep 8, 2023 at 2:19 PM Post #18 of 39
Also the spacing between the drivers is carefully designed, which makes the sound incredible.

Depending on what kind of player you are pairing with tho, some players are not powerful enough to push EST.

IMHO, sp 3000 and aura sound great together. just dont know about the possible options of cable upgrade tho.
What do you mean with lacks power to push EST? The sound is to dull or to agressive with that " lack" of power? What are the symptoms in sound?

Sep 8, 2023 at 10:59 PM Post #19 of 39
What do you mean with lacks power to push EST? The sound is to dull or to agressive with that " lack" of power? What are the symptoms in sound?

I meant the impedance of ESTs seems to be higher than BAs and DAs and therefore wont work well with some DAPs. I am not sure tho.

Even though the highs coming out from ESTs is supposed to be better, it just might not be the case when you are using different EAPs.

I have been auditioning the following iems with SP 2000T and SP 3000.

I auditioned the Vision Ears Elysium Extended a while ago but it just didn't sound right. I am not sure whether it has something to do with my player or my personal musical taste.

Comparing EXT with Vision Ears Phonix, the highs on the EXT sounded dull, not reaching as high, and not reaching as far (soundstage), not as dynamic, regardless of live recording or studio recording. The piano and violin were ok but the vocals were not opening up at all, almost sounded like the singers were muffed. all in all, not good.

On the other hand, Phonix sounded a lot better even though its all BAs. But I was still on the journey to seek great ESTs because i still believed that ESTs would be wonderful.

Then Empire Ears Odin showed up, the highs on Odin sounded much better than VE EXT but not as good as phonix.

Soundstage is ok, the separation between vocals and different musical instruments are obvious, it opens up a bit but still not reaching as high, and not very punchy, I almost pulled the trigger on Odin because it was a different sound than phonix.

Then Odyssey showed up and man, it was even further from what I desire. The highs and mids and lows were all mixed up. I was wondering how this pair of iems was designed to match with SP 3000.

Then I auditioned Ronin by Noble Audio, vocals reached high enough but not powerful, the soundstage is not as wide as odin but the positioning of musical instruments was clear. But other aspects of the iems made me hesitant.

That's pretty much all my experience with ESTs in iems. In case you are wondering if it was a cable's problem, I also used Brise Audio Yatono ultimate and Effect Audio's Horus Octa in the auditions.

Sep 9, 2023 at 4:56 AM Post #20 of 39
I meant the impedance of ESTs seems to be higher than BAs and DAs and therefore wont work well with some DAPs. I am not sure tho.

Even though the highs coming out from ESTs is supposed to be better, it just might not be the case when you are using different EAPs.

I have been auditioning the following iems with SP 2000T and SP 3000.

I auditioned the Vision Ears Elysium Extended a while ago but it just didn't sound right. I am not sure whether it has something to do with my player or my personal musical taste.

Comparing EXT with Vision Ears Phonix, the highs on the EXT sounded dull, not reaching as high, and not reaching as far (soundstage), not as dynamic, regardless of live recording or studio recording. The piano and violin were ok but the vocals were not opening up at all, almost sounded like the singers were muffed. all in all, not good.

On the other hand, Phonix sounded a lot better even though its all BAs. But I was still on the journey to seek great ESTs because i still believed that ESTs would be wonderful.

Then Empire Ears Odin showed up, the highs on Odin sounded much better than VE EXT but not as good as phonix.

Soundstage is ok, the separation between vocals and different musical instruments are obvious, it opens up a bit but still not reaching as high, and not very punchy, I almost pulled the trigger on Odin because it was a different sound than phonix.

Then Odyssey showed up and man, it was even further from what I desire. The highs and mids and lows were all mixed up. I was wondering how this pair of iems was designed to match with SP 3000.

Then I auditioned Ronin by Noble Audio, vocals reached high enough but not powerful, the soundstage is not as wide as odin but the positioning of musical instruments was clear. But other aspects of the iems made me hesitant.

That's pretty much all my experience with ESTs in iems. In case you are wondering if it was a cable's problem, I also used Brise Audio Yatono ultimate and Effect Audio's Horus Octa in the auditions.
That sounds as though the EXT’s needed more power. EXT’s treble extends further than Phonix and Odin from my experience.

Sep 9, 2023 at 7:02 AM Post #23 of 39
Power, EXT sounds ok with the Shanling M9 and Cayin N7 alone but completely transforms when using the Cayin C9 alongside
Is the power or the sound quality of the c9 that is better? You listen louder with the c9?Forgive me if i am wrong i am only triyng to understand, if you listen at the same loudness with the M9 , N7 and C9 the power output should be the same in all the 3 devices, right?so is a question of power or the quality of the power/sound?

Sep 18, 2023 at 12:04 AM Post #24 of 39
380044387_827360035523307_2017795064401934978_n.jpg
379607833_340977918358446_8749307004309252334_n.jpg

Sep 18, 2023 at 11:07 AM Post #25 of 39
I have been burning my aura for about 50 hours now, with sp 3000 and brise audio yatono ultimate 8 wire.

The set up clearly sounds more energetic and dynamic than before.

The vocals are more forward, with the females' being a little more forward than males'.

The musical instruments in the mids including guitars, piano and violin sound more forward. Almost as close as the vocal but clearly not the same.

The highs remained the same. Therefore in comparison, the highs is not as sweet now that the mids is more forward.

The lows, wow, its a lot a lot more powerful and more intense. At specific notes, it feels like the bass is hitting you in the chest. (Thanks to the dynamic drivers maybe)

The soundstage is wider than ever (thanks to brise audio?) which makes it even more impressive when the mids is now more forward.

However, it may come off as being too aggressive to some listeners? I listen at volume 38 on a quiet night at home and I feel the urge to turn down the volume.

I expect the sound to keep evolving as the Dynamic Drivers get more burning-in. Perhaps I should expect a totally different feeling / sound after 200 hours of burning-in.

Welcome to share your thoughts.

Sep 18, 2023 at 11:17 AM Post #26 of 39
I have been burning my aura for about 50 hours now, with sp 3000 and brise audio yatono ultimate 8 wire.

The set up clearly sounds more energetic and dynamic than before.

The vocals are more forward, with the females' being a little more forward than males'.

The musical instruments in the mids including guitars, piano and violin sound more forward. Almost as close as the vocal but clearly not the same.

The highs remained the same. Therefore in comparison, the highs is not as sweet now that the mids is more forward.

The lows, wow, its a lot a lot more powerful and more intense. At specific notes, it feels like the bass is hitting you in the chest. (Thanks to the dynamic drivers maybe)

The soundstage is wider than ever (thanks to brise audio?) which makes it even more impressive when the mids is now more forward.

However, it may come off as being too aggressive to some listeners? I listen at volume 38 on a quiet night at home and I feel the urge to turn down the volume.

I expect the sound to keep evolving as the Dynamic Drivers get more burning-in. Perhaps I should expect a totally different feeling / sound after 200 hours of burning-in.

Welcome to share your thoughts.
Forgot to mention.

When there is little to no music instrument, the air around the vocals is very active, you can almost 'feel' the singer breathing from his/her mouth to your ear.

Sep 19, 2023 at 8:27 AM Post #27 of 39
Thank you for the review
I liste to them in München Expo
and fell in love with them,
i Actually tried to make them sell me a pair ( was really convincing but they didn’t ) and as they didn’t I will get it at the beginning of Oct when I will be finally home!

I have many IEMs , started with Ultimate Ears Live which I still like but besides the wonderful warm sound they do lack some detail retrieval and the soundstage although enough in high is still very small wide
Then the campfire Solaris SE which have an incredible detail and a good soundstage but became of so much detail they sound too analytical makes the classical orchestra instruments sound robotic a bit

the last IEMs I bought and the ones I am using are Tia Fourte which in my opinion are already fabulous
almost the same detail retrieval as Solaris , but warmer and a much bigger soundstage
when closed perfectly they are really amazing with very good bass and a perfect frequency balance

but then I listened to Aura and as I said fell in love
Aura have even a bigger sound then Tia from what I remember, I couldn’t compare them live ( will do in October ) but besides that, Aura was incredible sounding
everything was bigger , more bass incredible mids and very good highs with fantastic detail retrieval and sounding the most analog in a way ( warm but natural ) from all IEMs I have heard
I thought they were in a class of their own
i can’t wait to get them

you think that too ? do they sound a bit Analog ?

Sep 19, 2023 at 12:03 PM Post #28 of 39
Thank you for the review
I liste to them in München Expo
and fell in love with them,
i Actually tried to make them sell me a pair ( was really convincing but they didn’t ) and as they didn’t I will get it at the beginning of Oct when I will be finally home!

I have many IEMs , started with Ultimate Ears Live which I still like but besides the wonderful warm sound they do lack some detail retrieval and the soundstage although enough in high is still very small wide
Then the campfire Solaris SE which have an incredible detail and a good soundstage but became of so much detail they sound too analytical makes the classical orchestra instruments sound robotic a bit

the last IEMs I bought and the ones I am using are Tia Fourte which in my opinion are already fabulous
almost the same detail retrieval as Solaris , but warmer and a much bigger soundstage
when closed perfectly they are really amazing with very good bass and a perfect frequency balance

but then I listened to Aura and as I said fell in love
Aura have even a bigger sound then Tia from what I remember, I couldn’t compare them live ( will do in October ) but besides that, Aura was incredible sounding
everything was bigger , more bass incredible mids and very good highs with fantastic detail retrieval and sounding the most analog in a way ( warm but natural ) from all IEMs I have heard
I thought they were in a class of their own
i can’t wait to get them

you think that too ? do they sound a bit Analog ?
what player are you using?

To me the aura is definitely similar to phoenix, with stronger bass and closer mids. Some might say its too much like a monitor for his/her taste.

But to me, Aura is my favourite sound.

I agree to some extent, that's why I looked at VE EXT, EE Odin, Odyssey, Trifecta, ronin, etc...

Looking back, I probably would have gotten Odin, trifecta or ronin because it really is another kind of sound.

But you know what they say, never look back.

Oct 4, 2023 at 9:59 PM Post #30 of 39
So I received my Aura’s today and they are incredible for me!

i can’t compare them with Odin or other well known iems but before Aura my best iem were Tia Fourte
Compared with Fourte these are at least 2 classes above..
much larger soundstage, better detail retrieval and an incredible beautiful pleasant warm sound almost analog like!
what to say? if I could explain better they have the clarity of Focal Utopia and almost the warmth of Meze Elite..
as I own both of these headphones nevertheless Are my favorite IEMs-Headphone now.

to be clear for those of you that search for an resolution monster these are not that,although I think they have a perfect timber reproduction as for an Classic Orchestra the trumpets have all the harmonics in sound , the chord instruments also as do all the other instruments and on plus they reproduce fantastic the warmth of the chord instruments !

these are my 2 cents , I am in love with them and so happy about this purchase !
a perfect match for Sp3k

let me know what you guys think If you could listen to them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back