Warwick Acoustics APERIO and BRAVURA
May 2, 2024 at 11:40 AM Post #856 of 861
Just wanted to post my positive experience with service with Warwick. I had purchased my Bravura from a local seller and had been enjoyed it greatly for the last year or so. I was taking it down to a local meetup earlier this year and something got damaged with the right channel (volume very low). it was clearly in the headphone itself since swapping the left/right cables, the issue stayed with the same channel. I reached out to Warwick and exchanged a couple e-mails with Martin Roberts (Director Headphone Business Unit) who was very responsive and set me up with an RMA. Even though I had purchased it second hand, he covered the repair under warranty. I ended up with essentially a new headphone since they replaced both channels (am assuming they are matched) and the yokes since he noticed some cosmetic damage. I received them back and am happily listening again. The only minor inconvenience was the turnaround time due to international shipping, the actual troubleshoot and repair, and return, but I certainly can't complain and appreciated the customer service.
Martin is a class act when it comes to post-sales support.

May 2, 2024 at 12:34 PM Post #857 of 861
Just wanted to post my positive experience with service with Warwick. I had purchased my Bravura from a local seller and had been enjoyed it greatly for the last year or so. I was taking it down to a local meetup earlier this year and something got damaged with the right channel (volume very low). it was clearly in the headphone itself since swapping the left/right cables, the issue stayed with the same channel. I reached out to Warwick and exchanged a couple e-mails with Martin Roberts (Director Headphone Business Unit) who was very responsive and set me up with an RMA. Even though I had purchased it second hand, he covered the repair under warranty. I ended up with essentially a new headphone since they replaced both channels (am assuming they are matched) and the yokes since he noticed some cosmetic damage. I received them back and am happily listening again. The only minor inconvenience was the turnaround time due to international shipping, the actual troubleshoot and repair, and return, but I certainly can't complain and appreciated the customer service.
Yes Warwick and Martin are really customer oriented. I have had reason to communicate with Martin and he always responds in the most timely and helpful way. Just one reason I have owned more than one Aperio!!!

May 2, 2024 at 4:21 PM Post #859 of 861
with such a pricey item customer service is vital

May 2, 2024 at 8:13 PM Post #861 of 861
Martin is a thoroughly fun guy - knowledgeable, articulate, highly supportive and extolls everything good about great music listening.

I continue to be highly motivated to sing the praises of Warwick - and their Bravura / Sonoma system.

Getting the Warwick Sonoma/Bravura system was my biggest audio equipment acquisition effort to date - superseding my getting the Violectric V550.

The seed was sown by my audiophile friend Paskel - who described the system with more than a passing interest - this was a month before I joined him at the Munich High-End audio show last year. Then a short session in the Warwick Audio Room hammered home how good the set-up sounded.

The people behind the product were also very cool and my interest was well and truly triggered. Then a month or so later - an evening with Paskel and his audiophile / audio stuff reviewer - who had a Bravura on loan - sealed my desire to go a bit mad. A bit of selling stuff and saving - and some luck - and I had a Sonoma-Bravura system.

6 months later and the love for this headphone experience has not waned - quite the opposite.

Do I miss cable changing? Earpad rolling? DAC changing and HPA changing? No no no - I absolutely love what the Bravura Sonoma does with everything I listen to.

We‘re talking electrostatic of course - with Warwick Acousic‘s own particular approach.
I enjoy reading about the tech involved - but less so trying to regurgitate what I end up more or less understanding.

Over the months I‘ve been accumulating a series of pieces that form my BRAVURA MASTER playlist - this evening I‘ve focussed on the first six:

Mogwai‘s ‚drive the nail‘ / Esbjörn Svensson Trio‘s ‚from gagarin‘s point of view‘ / Hikaru Utada‘s ‚somewhere hear marseilles‘ / Kings of Leon‘s ‚closer‘ / The Kills‘ ‚future starts slow‘ / & Paul Simon‘s ‚one man‘s ceiling is another man‘s floor‘

They‘re all quite different - in terms of genre, instrumentation / emphasis and focus of instrument and vocals - each one, for me, represents excellence, subtlety, originality, emotion and skill. Which in essence expressed how I feel about the Warwick Accoustic Bravura Sonoma system.

My headphone experience with the Bravura is always and without fail - immersive and easy-going in equal measure. The headphones, DAC and energizer / HPA magically shift and adapt to each piece - as if there is some kind of chameleon acoustic voodoo in play.

It could, in one sense - become dangerously homogenized - a boring, bland and ‚let‘s play it safe‘ audio tuning solution.

But that never happens - the sparkle of a treble, the substance of an upper end presentation that avoids premature roll-off, the velvet quality that a mature refined handling of the higher frequencies can deliver - all of this is part of the Bravura headphone experience.

The mids join this parade of richness and reach. Hikaru Hutada‘s vocal range is beautifully shown off on the Bravura and her ‚somewhere near marseille‘ - effortlessly soaring from the soft deep mids to the upper range - enveloped at times in a gooey warm synth series of waves and pads - moving down from the mids to the lower end. With definition, shape and bass grit.

The reverb, attack and decay is compelling - perfectly on display with ‚closer‘ - a Kings of Leon early classic. The thwack of the drums, the hypnotic guitar riffs, and a plethora of - is a synth? No - a guitar like a synth - who cares - on these Bravura every nuance of sonic magic find full form and shape. The resolution, the clarity (but clarity that retains a musical organic quality) - these are core strengths in this experience.

The sound stage stretches and contracts at will. If it needs to be big it is and if intimacy is required then intimate it is. Magic.

The whole thing is just shy of 7k euro. My luck was getting hold of this beauty from a figure a little shy of 4k euro - less than a good few headphones (minus their bank account stomping chains).

Oh wow - Paul Simon and this Bravura are a match made in sonic paradise The timbre realism - the pianoness of the piano on this piece and separation of voice, horns, percussion, guitar string viscerally vibrating. Damn this is good.

All my sonic itches have been scratched with this Warwick excellence.

And after twice bathing in the gorgeous sonic goodness of the 6 pieces I mentioned I am now deep-diving in The Cinematic Orchestra‘s ‚dawn‘ - well past midnight - here in Munich Germany.

So a big heartfelt thank you to Warwick Acoustics for their magnificent Bravura Sonoma system.
7FD41086-8A64-4745-8D07-F9E48E14DC19.jpeg
BDD89AA6-64FF-4651-92CA-31693C9B1DDE.jpeg
F3370B17-12B2-4315-B715-DDC000D835AF.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back