Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Feb 15, 2014 at 9:44 PM Post #7,562 of 14,276
Feb 19, 2014 at 4:45 PM Post #7,564 of 14,276
Just purchased my first real timepiece yesterday; a mint-condition Z-Series 16600. It was between this and a 116610LN, but after a side-by-side comparison, the choice was a no-brainer.

Best purchase I've made since my LCD-2.

Feb 19, 2014 at 7:20 PM Post #7,565 of 14,276
  Just purchased my first real timepiece yesterday; a mint-condition Z-Series 16600. It was between this and a 116610LN, but after a side-by-side comparison, the choice was a no-brainer.

Stunning. Great choice. A favorite.

Feb 20, 2014 at 4:22 AM Post #7,566 of 14,276

Stunning. Great choice. A favorite.

Thank you very much.

I don't think I could have made a better choice. It's a really classically beautiful watch which sits perfectly on the wrist.

I was originally going to get the new Submariner, but it really had very little soul or character compared to the old Sub and SeaDweller. It's like the big lugs, maxi-dial and ceramic bezel sucked the life out of it.

Feb 20, 2014 at 8:46 AM Post #7,568 of 14,276

What are the differences?  I have a Milgauss GV myself.

Feb 20, 2014 at 8:55 AM Post #7,571 of 14,276
  What are the differences?  I have a Milgauss GV myself.

The new Submariner has wider lugs and a Maxi-Dial. It's basically a beefed-up version of the old one. It also has a ceramic bezel, which makes it shinier.

But in beefing it up like they did, they took away the subtle charm that the Submariner once had. The new lugs look goofy and unbalanced, and the shininess of the bezel could blind someone.

So I went with the SeaDweller, which is pretty much an old Submariner, but with a thicker case and no cyclops. It is also less common than a Sub.

How do you like your Milgauss? Are you perhaps a scientist?

Feb 20, 2014 at 9:03 AM Post #7,573 of 14,276
  I've never been a lover of Rolex (never seen one that took my eye) but have to say that is one beautiful looking watch. Black/Steel contrast looks very sexy. I would love to own one....

Enjoy

I've not always been to keen on Rolex myself, but after a while, I fell in love with their simplicity. They are just so clean and sleek. Just a good no-nonsense watch.

Here is a photo with better lighting.

Feb 20, 2014 at 9:12 AM Post #7,575 of 14,276
Thanks for the explainations and I do agree with you on this.  The lugs on my GV is about half way between yours and the new Submariner, plus its green crystal just makes it totally unique.  However, the tech for the anti-magnetic for the Milgauss is now totally out dated, as even regular MRI scans aleady has over three times the power, or over 30000 gausses, that the Milgauss can't defend against.  Go with the new Omega Anti-Magnetic if you do want one that actually functioned as advertized.  Still loved how it looks, but just don't count on it being truely anti-magnetic.  I am not exactly a scientist per se, but I do have a MS in Applied Math.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back