Watercooler Tour Thread - (New eligible participants welcome PM me for details.) - See second post for active tours.
May 8, 2024 at 11:04 PM Post #1,186 of 1,213
Denver Warth
San Diego, California

I agree to follow the terms of the tour.

Canjam Socal is just too far away :)
An hour drive?

May 8, 2024 at 11:15 PM Post #1,187 of 1,213
May 8, 2024 at 11:30 PM Post #1,188 of 1,213
Lol, no, I mean months and months :)

I'll be there for sure!
Hope to join you this year buddy! Good idea getting in on the tours 😉

May 10, 2024 at 7:24 PM Post #1,190 of 1,213
Wanted to once again express my appreciation for the watercooler tours by sharing some short impressions I had of the CustomArt kit. It's been a few weeks as I've been kinda busy, and I wasn't able to give each IEM the amount of time they deserve, but better late than never and better than nothing at all!

All of these IEMs NEED a good fit which is something I have a hard time achieving with most UIEM. Even being slightly off in terms of seal will cause issues with either the treble being too intense or the bass being too weak or just general tonality issues, in my experience.

Hybrid 3 Pro
Pretty U-shaped, quite fun but not something I'd find myself grabbing too often. It's not shouty but can be a bit intense, but could also be a fit issue.

F7U
Technically punches above its weight and a nice balanced sound, but these days I'm looking for more unique sound signatures which lead me to gravitate towards the F5.

F5
UIEM vs CIEM

So I'm fortunate enough to actually own the FIBAE5 as a CIEM thanks to @ gLer. I do find it quite enjoyable and use it often, so I couldn't pass up on the opportunity to compare directly with the UIEM. This was definitely what I spent the most of my time on. All listening was done without the filter, using Eletech Baroque or the tips provided. Source was RME ADI-2, both using stock cable, 3.5 SE.

With the provided tips, sub-bass is not as present where as it has really great sub as CIEM with the perfect seal. UIEM more punch and bounce to it. Vocals sound notably thinner and pushed further back on the UIEM, sounding a bit colder overall due to the difference in losing out on some of the thickness of that sub as well as being a bit airier up top. CIEM way smoother in upper mids and sibilance range, sharpness goes away and becomes a highly textured but refined listen. The sound stage is greatly exaggerated in the left/right channels on the UIEM, kind of like the Traillii, instead of creating a seamless phantom center that still stretches almost as wide in the CIEM. UIEM is definitely a bit wider but has less depth and lacks realism, overall feeling less coherent, sounding comparatively less natural. CIEM has more heft and weight in the attack while also preserving more details in the decay, extending better both ways. Timbre and overall tone of the IEM remains the same, it's quite excellent for such an unconventionally tuned IEM.

F7U in comparison sounded more normal but also less special in a way. F5 is truly fun where as the F7U is more technically impressive. I really think people put off by the UIEM F5 would possibly like the CIEM. Now I'm curious as to what the F7 CIEM sounds like because the UIEM is great too. CustomArt has a distinctive treble sound that I can easily recognize and the F5 is definitely my favourite iteration of it. Really need to hear a PMG IEM now.

Again all of these differences in the UIEM to CIEM comparison could simply be due to fit and lack of tip rolling, it's just not something I really do. The CIEM obviously fits me perfectly where as the UIEM fits okay. I was already super happy with how the CIEM sounded but honestly, this just allowed me to appreciate the F5 so much more.

May 13, 2024 at 11:03 PM Post #1,191 of 1,213
Last edited:
May 13, 2024 at 11:38 PM Post #1,192 of 1,213
AME tour kit, which includes Rave, Gaia, Radioso and Aura went out last week. It's beginning out east
Wow that's quite the kit! I definitely wouldn't be able to do all 4 reviews in a week 😅

May 14, 2024 at 12:18 AM Post #1,193 of 1,213
Wow that's quite the kit! I definitely wouldn't be able to do all 4 reviews in a week 😅

Gotta take an entire week off to get that down. 😂

May 14, 2024 at 12:24 AM Post #1,194 of 1,213
May 14, 2024 at 4:49 AM Post #1,195 of 1,213
May 14, 2024 at 6:24 AM Post #1,196 of 1,213
Can I be added to the following tours? I’m in Seattle, WA. Thanks!

Elysian Annihilator 2023 + Elysian Diva (US)
Rhapsodio Supreme MK 3

Last edited:
May 14, 2024 at 9:18 AM Post #1,198 of 1,213
Hey Jeff! Can I be added to this as well? Thanks!

This is the Canadian list-- you're on the US list. This kit will be in the US after it's done in Canada.

May 16, 2024 at 6:11 PM Post #1,199 of 1,213
I’ve received the FiR kit as well as the Rhapsiodo from @wazzupi.

Very excited to try these out tonight!

May 16, 2024 at 6:27 PM Post #1,200 of 1,213
I’ve received the FiR kit as well as the Rhapsiodo from @wazzupi.

Very excited to try these out tonight!
When you write the A/B test review, you can honestly state the reason why you are doing this test, not because these IEMs are similar or in the same category, but because you happen to have them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back