What are my BNIB 2016 Fostex TH-X00 PH Worth?
Jul 12, 2020 at 7:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

PXSS

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys,
I've been inactive for a long time. Had to start adulting and other hobbies took priority over my audiophilia.
The last set of high quality headphones I bought was a set of Fostex TH-X00 PH back in 2016 when they were initially released but I never opened them as i moved shortly after that and then again a few months after, eventually settling down and not picking up the hobby again.

I was looking to sell these given that they have sat in my closet for the past 4 years and am wondering how much they are worth now? Looking for some guidance on value and whether these forums are still the best place to sell?
These are from the very first batch produced and have a serial number 679 per the box. I still have not pulled the headphones out of the box.

Will probably replace my over-ear collection with a set or two of custom iems as that I can enjoy more while traveling.

If this is the wrong place to post this, please let me know and I will re-post in the appropriate location.

Thanks!
PXSS

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2020 at 11:32 PM Post #2 of 2
These tips apply more for used than unused Items I think but FWIW:

research:
hifishark collates listings from different sites can be useful
alternately, search/browse - i.e. here FS lists and item discussion thread, other forums, ebay, audiogon, reddit av exchange etc...

alternately alternately- list them as 'make an offer' and see what comes in

Check the rules, but might be acceptable to list on multiple sites. The best site for listing probably depends on the specific piece of gear- i.e. eBay might get a better price if there's enough interest while more niche items could benefit from the 'window shopping' quality of topical sites.

Could be wrong, but I don't think massdrop have sold those for a while? May be able to get a pretty good price.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back