What book are you reading right now?
Feb 18, 2017 at 10:11 AM Post #4,487 of 5,358
Bollocks to Alton Towers and More Bollocks to Alton Towers (far from the sodding crowd), by Robin Halstead, Jason Hazeley, Alex Morris and Joel Morris.

A love-letter to British tourist attractions that don't involve animatronic dinosaurs, vomit-inducing thrill rides, branded baseball caps or corporate anything. They visit all sorts of places, from fairly well-known places like Portmeirion (location for the TV series 'The Prisoner') to a series of secret tunnels built under Liverpool to Barometer World to the nondescript terraced house in Bedford that is maintained as a residence for Christ when/if he returns.

Available on Kindle, and ideal for people who want to get a more realistic feeling of Britishness than the usual destinations.

Mar 8, 2017 at 11:16 PM Post #4,496 of 5,358

#2 in the series...Jack is still in the Army.

Great series. Have read them all at least once in order. You have a lot to look forward to!

Mar 9, 2017 at 10:08 AM Post #4,497 of 5,358

I always read a "real" novel and a graphic novel in parallel (I decide which one to chose at night depending on my day´s stress-level 
smile.gif
)
This one is a true gem...I´m reading it for the second time, this time with the author´s annotations...

Mar 9, 2017 at 4:31 PM Post #4,498 of 5,358
Great series. Have read them all at least once in order. You have a lot to look forward to!

Hello,
Me too, this is my 2nd read through the series.  Just finished "The Enemy" and had forgotten how good these stories are.  One thing's for sure...I want Reacher on my side!  BTW, great avatar.

Cheers,
RCB

Mar 9, 2017 at 5:28 PM Post #4,499 of 5,358
I am currently a few chapters into a life story of Charles George Gordon (aka Chinese Gordon, aka Gordon of Khartoum) by Lt-General Sir William F.Butler. Good writing, for a military man, albeit somewhat slanted towards an Empire POV. Still, an interesting life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back