What Tubes Are You Using Right Now In What Amp? (Part II)
Aug 8, 2012 at 2:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

HeatFan12

Headphoneus Supremus
Well, doing a search for something, I ran into Earl's (sacd lover) thread he started 3+ years ago.  It was a fun thread and since then, there are probably 100+ new tube amps in the market today. 
cool.gif
   So I figure I'll start a Part II.

If you can post---->>>  Amp --> Tubes--> Source--> Headphones (or speakers).  I know pics are sometimes not possible but would be helpful indeed for the overall package and any impressions you would like to share.

I don't think you post too much anymore Earl and last I heard you had gone totally speaker crazy... 
eek.gif
      Thanks for all the tube info you gave me when I was getting started in this wonderful journey.  You turned me into a 7N7 & 7AF7 & 6CG7 freak...My collection has grown immensely since then and it is much appreciated...
beerchug.gif

Here is the original thread head-fiers (Note- For the newer members that are not aware, a lot of SP (Singlepower) amps are mentioned in that thread.  SP did not have a happy ending here on Head-Fi to say the least and totally blew up with lots of drama and craziness, $$$  etc. etc..)  And for the older members, I was part of the craziness and currently own three SP amps.  Just wanted to get that out without any disrespect for the members that suffered substantial losses.  We were all on the same boat in one way or another.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/391477/what-tubes-are-you-using-right-now-in-what-amp

Tonight has been a solid state evening for me, but tomorrow we will roll indeed!!!

Post Your Tubes!!!

Cheers!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back