What's the point of multiple DAP'S?
Jul 31, 2019 at 8:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

trivium911

500+ Head-Fier
I have a DX 120 on the way that I'm super excited about which will replace my X5ii, I also have a X3ii which I use for the gym. It dawned on my though...why do you guys have multiple DAPS?

I also realized that I'm better off selling the X5ii since I don't see what I will possibly use it for. Perhaps a backup...? But why have a flagship DAP kicking around for backup which will likely never be needed as such.

Aug 1, 2019 at 3:35 AM Post #2 of 15
I don't think there is any point, personally.

People would be much better off getting a DAP with good EQ and buying different headphones / iems to change the sound signature. I can maybe see the sense in buying 1 for portable use and 1 for more critical listening but beyond that it doesn't make much sense to me at all.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2019 at 5:38 AM Post #3 of 15
Those who love music and have money to spend and especially can have community to spend time with.

See this pic below.
images (5).jpeg

Aug 1, 2019 at 9:37 AM Post #5 of 15
Why?

Different Daps also different sound.

Aug 1, 2019 at 2:29 PM Post #7 of 15
I have the Sony 1Z to use with my wired balanced phones at home and in hotels and then I have the Sony A45 for it's size exclusively to use while travelling with LDAC to the Sony 1000XM3 BT phones

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:40 PM Post #8 of 15
They're special products with unique sounds and design ideas. They are a type of object which you can enjoy for what they are. I get excited by them. Same as headphones. It completes my existence or adds richness to it. I don't spend my money on anything else.They're a different type of valuable thing which is music air. I don't regret buying so many. In fact I feel sorry for my days when I only had a sony mz-rh1 minidisc player. Too limiting....

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2019 at 1:28 PM Post #9 of 15
I have too many and need a clear out.

Aug 3, 2019 at 1:41 PM Post #10 of 15
I have 10 DAP's collected over time, I upgrade and simply cant be bothered with all the hassle of selling the old ones.
Dose that make me a bad person :).

Aug 3, 2019 at 7:52 PM Post #11 of 15
I have 10 DAP's collected over time, I upgrade and simply cant be bothered with all the hassle of selling the old ones.
Dose that make me a bad person :).

I don't think it makes you a bad person...just makes you lazy lol. So bottom line we buy these DAP's and they get replaced with our new favorite and they sit on the shelf basically.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2019 at 10:54 PM Post #12 of 15
I don't think it makes you a bad person...just makes you lazy lol. So bottom line we buy these DAP's and they get replaced with our new favorite and they sit on the shelf basically.

I’ve sold all my previous dap’s and only kept the 2 I use

Aug 4, 2019 at 1:13 AM Post #13 of 15
Having multiple daps you start out by having your favorite but after a while as you you alternate monthly you really cannot decide which one's your favorite.
This is provided that all have similar level of sound quality but having different sound signature. N8 was my all time favorite but now I prefer DX229 over N8 for its
smoothness and versatility. I also enjoy R2R2K from time to time. This way I never get bored....

Aug 4, 2019 at 11:42 AM Post #14 of 15
Having multiple daps you start out by having your favorite but after a while as you you alternate monthly you really cannot decide which one's your favorite.
This is provided that all have similar level of sound quality but having different sound signature. N8 was my all time favorite but now I prefer DX229 over N8 for its
smoothness and versatility. I also enjoy R2R2K from time to time. This way I never get bored....

Hmm i guess that makes sense

Aug 4, 2019 at 10:29 PM Post #15 of 15
Because we can. Because people enjoy them. Just like any other hobby. I have 13 fishing rods / reels. Probably don't need that many, but I sure do like them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back