which headphone gave you your first EARGASM
Sep 27, 2005 at 11:42 PM Post #16 of 411
SR-60 connected to a Zen Xtra, 100% volume, playing Sepultura's "The Hunt". What can I say, I like it rough.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sep 28, 2005 at 12:02 AM Post #22 of 411
Grado RS-1

Sep 28, 2005 at 12:14 AM Post #24 of 411
HE90/HEV90 (bozebuttons setup: via EMM Labs transport+Meitner DAC)........

Audio Bliss!
orphsmile.gif

Sep 28, 2005 at 12:16 AM Post #25 of 411
A Koss Pro-4AA, run from the headphone out jack on a component cassette tape player. This was all vintage, 1973, equipment so I'm guessing that the headphone out was probably pretty decent. In any case, I still vividly remember hearing "The Yes Album", "Fragile" (esp. "Heart of the Sunrise") and a Deutsche Grammophon release of the Mozart Flute Quartets on that system, the eargasm of them being where I lost my headphone virginity. It's kind of like remembering my first doses of the heady (all puns intended and savored) "drug" of intensely intimate, deeply moving headphone audio. Here it is thirty years later, and I'm still taking long daily "hits" from my work, offline home, and computer home audio rigs, and communing with others over the experience. "This is your brain... This is your brain on headphone audio... Any questions?"

Sep 28, 2005 at 12:19 AM Post #26 of 411
Quote:

Originally Posted by rodentdog
I think I'm dating myself here, Koss Pro 4AA, awesome back in the day.
biggrin.gif

Actually there is a picture of me taken about 20 years ago when I was about 4 with those bad boys on my head. Not sure if the Liquid Filled pads sealed on my head or not, nor could I tell you if it was eargasmic, but those and the HD424s were my first headphone experiences
smily_headphones1.gif
... I actually am going to send those Koss Pro4AAs circa 1980 off to Koss to get the pads replaced... the liquid has since become useless. Lifetime warranty, we will see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back