Will there ever be a CanJam Toronto?
Dec 21, 2023 at 10:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Thomasr

500+ Head-Fier
Does CanJam stick to the same roster of cities or do they explore new markets?

Dec 22, 2023 at 10:02 AM Post #2 of 4
Heya, neighbor! Hope you guys on the other side are having the same lovely weather we are today.

CanJam locations are selected for a variety of reasons, and one of the key things we consider is how many Head-Fi'ers are in a given city and the surrounding areas. For example in the US we have a large Head-Fi community in New York, California, and Texas, so we've hosted CanJam events in those areas. We do consider new destinations from time to time - we're returning in China next year, for example - but we spend a lot of time researching, scouting, and planning before we decide to host a CanJam event in a new area.

We don't currently have any plans for a show in Toronto, but we welcome you to join us for CanJam NYC this March. It's just a short flight away from Toronto (and Detroit for me)!

Dec 22, 2023 at 12:02 PM Post #3 of 4
A few factors to consider...

The population of the "Greater Toronto Golden Horseshoe" is around 10.5 million. Other major metros within reasonable driving distance include Ottawa (1.5M), Montréal (4.3M), Detroit (3.8M), Cleveland (3.8M), and Buffalo (1.2M).

Also, Canadians in general have a huge appetite for "landed" electronic equipment at competitive prices where they don't have to deal with import duties, taxes, and/or inflated shipping charges when ordering from the US. Hell, you might even get people flying in from other Canadian markets (Calgary, Vancouver, etc.) for this very reason.

I encourage you to look into this further. My bet is it'd be a runaway success.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back