Woo Audio: NEW! WA7tp (tube PSU) Early-bird offer
Jun 21, 2014 at 12:25 PM Post #181 of 192
  Just want to let everyone know that we have identified the cause of the blown fuse issue.  It turned out to be a bad batch of fuses (110v models NOT effected).  We do have replacement fuse for effected customers at no charge.  If you purchased a replacement fuse on your own, we will reimburse you the cost of the fuse (with receipt).  Please send email to info@wooaudio.com for replacement fuse or reimbursement.  We apologize for the inconvenience.  

The positive side to this (if there is one) is that the circuit protection system we implemented in the amplifier is working as designed.  It blew the fuse and not the amp.  :)

That is a relief. I thought WA7tp just ran unusually hot, which caused the fuse to blow.

We appreciate the gesture to replace or reimburse the fuse but it's really not that big of a deal. It costs something like 50 cents a piece. Learning the fact that it was the fuse that turned out to be defective was more than what could compensate for the cost of the fuse.

Jun 21, 2014 at 9:29 PM Post #182 of 192
  Just want to let everyone know that we have identified the cause of the blown fuse issue.  It turned out to be a bad batch of fuses (110v models NOT effected).  We do have replacement fuse for effected customers at no charge.  If you purchased a replacement fuse on your own, we will reimburse you the cost of the fuse (with receipt).  Please send email to info@wooaudio.com for replacement fuse or reimbursement.  We apologize for the inconvenience.  

The positive side to this (if there is one) is that the circuit protection system we implemented in the amplifier is working as designed.  It blew the fuse and not the amp.  :)

which units are affected, mine got sent around the 10th i think, could that have a bad fuse?

Jun 21, 2014 at 9:37 PM Post #183 of 192

While we are on fuses
I downloaded the Tp manual

Page 7 states 200mA @ 230V
Page 10 and 12 state 300mA @ 230V
Rear of unit states 250mA @ 230V

What is the correct recommended fuse ?

Jun 22, 2014 at 3:36 PM Post #184 of 192

While we are on fuses
I downloaded the Tp manual

Page 7 states 200mA @ 230V
Page 10 and 12 state 300mA @ 230V
Rear of unit states 250mA @ 230V

What is the correct recommended fuse ?

I got email from Mike before. He said maximum should be 300mA for 230V. 

I can't find a fuse lower than 500mA so my enjoyment of my rig is limited to about 1 hour max.

Aug 12, 2014 at 1:24 AM Post #187 of 192
  If we want just the WA7tp, do we send a paypal payment as a gift with Woo Audio's info in first post?  Not seeing the option on http://www.wooaudio.com/products/wa7fireflies.html.

PM sent with instructions.  
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 12, 2014 at 1:26 AM Post #188 of 192
  I got email from Mike before. He said maximum should be 300mA for 230V. 

I can't find a fuse lower than 500mA so my enjoyment of my rig is limited to about 1 hour max.

We recently done additional testing, OK to use 500mA for international customers.  

Aug 12, 2014 at 1:34 AM Post #189 of 192
  which units are affected, mine got sent around the 10th i think, could that have a bad fuse?

If you are experiencing issues and need replacement fuses, pls. send us a note at info@wooaudio.com.  OK to use 400 - 500mA.

Treat the power button on front of WA7tp as a standby ON/OFF switch.  No need to flip the power switch on back of WA7 amp ON and OFF every time.  Treat the flip switch as a main power ON/OFF.   Use the flip switch when transporting unit or when on holiday and the amp will not be used for extended periods.  

Aug 12, 2014 at 11:09 AM Post #190 of 192

If you are experiencing issues and need replacement fuses, pls. send us a note at info@wooaudio.com.  OK to use 400 - 500mA.

Treat the power button on front of WA7tp as a standby ON/OFF switch.  No need to flip the power switch on back of WA7 amp ON and OFF every time.  Treat the flip switch as a main power ON/OFF.   Use the flip switch when transporting unit or when on holiday and the amp will not be used for extended periods.  

Where can replacement fueses be sourced domestically for the WA7?  I haven't opened up my unit, but the fuse indicated earlier seems an odd duck and not easily sourced here in the lower 48.  I'm half wondering if I open my unit up if the fuse included indicates 250v.  I like keeping a back-up to avoid down time.

By the way, I'm very much enjoying the WA7....really nice piece of kit that's clearly been manufactured with a lot of love.  I've not made the leap to the WA7tp...heck, I haven't even made it past the stock tubes and I have the EH gold plated tubes waiting to go in....lots of fun letting the stock tubes burn in over 100+ hours while enjoying my jams.

Thanks.

HS

Dec 26, 2014 at 10:57 AM Post #192 of 192
  Hi Woo Audio,  I am in Canada, is there any way i can get the WA7?

Hi @pacino,

Please order WA7 direct on our web site at your convenience.  We will invoice you the difference in shipping cost when your order is in our system. 

http://wooaudio.com/products/wa7fireflies.html

~ Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back