Woo Audio WA8 Review - Head-Fi TV
Mar 15, 2016 at 6:14 AM Post #64 of 903
Wow... This thing is around $3000AUD. Just turned up on a local Distributors website. Insane price, ridiculous actually.

Mar 15, 2016 at 6:21 AM Post #65 of 903
If it was same price as the American market I would have bought it, or at least close to it. For 3000 AUD I simply cannot justify it at this stage. 

Mar 15, 2016 at 6:29 AM Post #66 of 903
  If it was same price as the American market I would have bought it, or at least close to it. For 3000 AUD I simply cannot justify it at this stage. 

Its $2800aud for the normal colours and $2950aud for the gold. Now if they had of put RCA's on the rear i would of sold all my gear off to nab one, awesome to have an all in one unit. 

Looks like it will be awhile before i even consider this which is a bummer.

Mar 15, 2016 at 6:39 AM Post #67 of 903

Its $2800aud for the normal colours and $2950aud for the gold. Now if they had of put RCA's on the rear i would of sold all my gear off to nab one, awesome to have an all in one unit. 

For me RCA cable is not a must as I have a feeling the included DAC and the two year they took to develop go hand in hand. I just cannot get over the price differential. 

Mar 15, 2016 at 9:56 AM Post #69 of 903

The price is reflecting on the current USD to AUD exchange rate plus shipping and custom-duties and fees. The price equates to the US retail price. We are currently offering 10% pre-order special so please ask your local dealer for the same offer.

Mar 15, 2016 at 12:07 PM Post #70 of 903
I love my Woo SE6 and the team at Woo Audio... that said, I just don't understand the WA8 appeal / market?  Is there really that big a demand for a $2K battery operated amp/dac?  If it was any good it would could replace my amp / dac units... and that would eat at the market share of the rest of their products... if it's not that good, what's the point?  I've got an A&K player and frankly the difference between it and my home units are slight.. and at least as a DAP - it contains the music.  Carrying a WA8 on the bus plugged into my laptop ain't portable?  

Mar 15, 2016 at 1:34 PM Post #71 of 903
We never design the WA8 to be used walking around with, but it is up to you how to use it. The design philosophy is a desktop-class performance tube amp/DAC that fits in a palm.

You can move it around and set it up quickly, for sure. Think of it that you can now fit a full-sized tube amp in a backpack or a suitcase.Or maybe you have a space of a nightstand for audio then this would be an ideal setup. Or like me, a family man, I could easily set it up anywhere at home without my kids knowing it. It would take less than a minute to hook up the entire system.

Cheers,
Jack

Mar 15, 2016 at 5:07 PM Post #74 of 903
Mmm...on the go is possible with a small carrying case with shoulder straps. No big deal. I regularly backpack my Chord TT so WA8 should be a breeze to carry around.

From the WA8 page on Woo Audio's site:
"Included Pelican carrying-case (water-resistant, crush-proof and dust-proof). Custom-cut insert foam provides maximum protection."

Mar 15, 2016 at 5:25 PM Post #75 of 903
From the WA8 page on Woo Audio's site:
[COLOR=000000]"[/COLOR]Included Pelican carrying-case (water-resistant, crush-proof and dust-proof). Custom-cut insert foam provides maximum protection."

mmm....I m thinking along the lines of a leather case with room for both the WA8 and a DAP with a shoulder strap.....similar to what another tube amp manufacturer has done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back