Xduoo Amplifiers
Feb 5, 2024 at 1:31 AM Post #1,921 of 2,005
Do you know if the preamp output bypasses the EL84 tubes and only use the ECC82 tubes? I'm currently enjoying this amp as a preamp in my chain and I want to tube roll, so if I only need to roll the ECC82 tubes that would be nice on my wallet.
Hi, I am not %100 but I think that the preamp output uses the EL84 tubes. You can test by removing the EL84 tubes and check if there is sound output or no.

Feb 15, 2024 at 7:48 PM Post #1,925 of 2,005
Do you think that Xduoo TA-26 is better than Little Dot MK II?
I want to change something, but not sure if it is real upgrade.
I had the LD II and now the TA-26. But I didn't had both at the same time, so I never did a direct comparison. From memory, with a Drop x Senn HD6xx the TA-26 is better, more refined, and natural. Or it's just my brain justifying the spent money...
I just miss the gain setting of the LD. The TA-26 tends to distort a bit if the input signal is too high. A Topping D10s and a Cambridge DacMagic 200M in fixed output makes it distort. I use the DacMagic 200M with its variable output set a bit less than max, and all distortion is gone.

Feb 17, 2024 at 4:43 PM Post #1,926 of 2,005
This question has probably been asked and answered to death, so apologies in advance. Anyway, here goes. My TA-22 is arriving on Monday. I’m planning on testing quite a few IEMs and some over ear headphones on it for a week or so with the stock tubes. Around next weekend I expect to receive the JJE “high performance” gold pin 12au7 gain matched tubes I just ordered from tubedepot. Anything I should be expecting from the roll? Will I notice a difference or was it just a waste of $60? Just curious…

Feb 17, 2024 at 10:41 PM Post #1,927 of 2,005
This question has probably been asked and answered to death, so apologies in advance. Anyway, here goes. My TA-22 is arriving on Monday. I’m planning on testing quite a few IEMs and some over ear headphones on it for a week or so with the stock tubes. Around next weekend I expect to receive the JJE “high performance” gold pin 12au7 gain matched tubes I just ordered from tubedepot. Anything I should be expecting from the roll? Will I notice a difference or was it just a waste of $60? Just curious…
Yea most likely you will notice a difference. The stock tubes arent that good imo.

Feb 18, 2024 at 5:37 AM Post #1,929 of 2,005
Do you think that Xduoo TA-26 is better than Little Dot MK II?
I want to change something, but not sure if it is real upgrade.
Imo, it's definitely a sidegrade, as the two amps are still within the same league. Sure you will notice a difference but I would think it would be a sidegrade rather than a direct upgrade. If you're looking to change something, I would recommend you save up a bit more for a higher tier amp like a feliks audio echo.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2024 at 5:41 AM Post #1,930 of 2,005
I have been happily using a TA-20 plus for over a month now and this is a great amp for $500 usd. I've swapped the tubes to mullard 12au7s and I think this amp is a great buy and sounds very smooth and warm, not tubey like otc/otl amps, but more similar to a warm class A amp, with a slight sprinkling of tube "fuzziness" as expected of a hybrid amp (sound signature of this amp reminds me of the aune s17 pro, a very good amp except has flaws with operational temperature and 50/100 modes). I have a cayin ha-3a incoming in a week or so, so can do a direct comparison of hybrid vs otc tube amp.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2024 at 6:29 AM Post #1,931 of 2,005
I have been happily using a TA-20 plus for over a month now and this is a great amp for $500 usd. I've swapped the tubes to mullard 12au7s and I think this amp is a great buy and sounds very smooth and warm, not tubey like otc/otl amps, but more similar to a warm class A amp, with a slight sprinkling of tube "fuzziness" as expected of a hybrid amp (sound signature of this amp reminds me of the aune s17 pro, a very good amp except has flaws with operational temperature and 50/100 modes). I have a cayin ha-3a incoming in a week or so, so can do a direct comparison of hybrid vs otc tube amp.
Have you compared Aune S17 Pro and Xduoo TA-20 Plus?
Aune should have more energy?

Feb 18, 2024 at 8:48 AM Post #1,932 of 2,005
Have you compared Aune S17 Pro and Xduoo TA-20 Plus?
Aune should have more energy?
Yeah I would say the aune has more energy while the ta 20 plus sounds smoother and laid back. But be warned, there are many many reports of s17 pro being very hot during normal operation. When I had it in on loan, it definitely was way too hot for me personally, so I went with the ta20 plus over the s17 pro. It has a 50mA and 100mA running mode, and iirc, 50 min on 100mA will cause it to overheat and switch down to 50mA. High temps and awkward operation, but when it works definitely top 3 SS amps under $1000.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2024 at 9:16 AM Post #1,933 of 2,005
More energy🤔
What do you want to do with it? Plans to heat up your place, you should buy a heater.😎
No problems to drive my HE-6 and it sounds great.
With Psvane or Siemens tubes.

Feb 18, 2024 at 10:22 AM Post #1,934 of 2,005
Imo, it's definitely a sidegrade, as the two amps are still within the same league. Sure you will notice a difference but I would think it would be a sidegrade rather than a direct upgrade. If you're looking to change something, I would recommend you save up a bit more for a higher tier amp like a feliks audio echo.
I hear ya. I sidegrade is okay for now. I’m just interested in hearing any difference between the two, not necessarily an “improvement” at this point. I’m sure that time will come, so I will keep your recs in mind. Appreciate it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back