XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Mar 13, 2017 at 6:47 AM Post #4,324 of 5,194
Cool. I didn't know this feature was in the update. I have never encountered any bugs so I was planning to just stick with the old version. But now I probably will update. Although, I don't know if I actually have anything st 48kHz. Where does one get music st that sample rate?

It's rare in the consumer space, but you'll find a lot of 'production' music (ie stuff released to be used as building blocks for other productions) uses 48kHz. Most of mine though is music I've got as 96/24 which I downsampled to 48/16 in Audition before sticking it on my player.

Mar 14, 2017 at 12:57 AM Post #4,325 of 5,194
  BTW, I got mine at $80.74 with this coupon - GBCE
http://www.gearbest.com/mp3-mp4-players/pp_440370.html

Thanks for the code. Great deal indeed. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 15, 2017 at 8:56 AM Post #4,329 of 5,194
Same question as above!
if pitch error , cheap looks, chipping of song beginnings, absensce of gapless playback bother you go for the fiio. If you dont want to spend more money, and need 2 memory card slots go for xduoo. Be aware that xduoo's warranty is a joke. sonically they are not same as per other people. at the price of fiio x3ii u can look for the x10 from xduoo, which must be better than both. It still has some issues, but nobpitch error.

Mar 15, 2017 at 11:54 AM Post #4,330 of 5,194
if pitch error , cheap looks, chipping of song beginnings, absensce of gapless playback bother you go for the fiio. If you dont want to spend more money, and need 2 memory card slots go for xduoo. Be aware that xduoo's warranty is a joke. sonically they are not same as per other people. at the price of fiio x3ii u can look for the x10 from xduoo, which must be better than both. It still has some issues, but nobpitch error.

Rockbox fixes all those issues except cheap looks, which is subjective and I don't agree with. I think it looks nice, the case is all metal except the buttons which are plastic, but they match the player very well.

Mar 15, 2017 at 2:25 PM Post #4,331 of 5,194

Rockbox fixes all those issues except cheap looks, which is subjective and I don't agree with. I think it looks nice, the case is all metal except the buttons which are plastic, but they match the player very well.

I think the buttons are metal too. Then thats really an eyeopener. I sold mine 2 months ago after using it for a year, never realized the buttons were plastic. But, like you have mentioned, cheap looks are subjective. But keeping them aside with a FiiO, the design looks cheap, but damn ergonormic. I used to operate it witihout taking out of the pocket all the time. But my biggest problem was that CD lines. They get scratched very fast, or else u need to be careful. I didnt had a single hairline on the side when I sold, but the front took a beating, even with small stuff kept accidenttly in the pocket. Good that they avoided it on the x10. The sand blast kind of surface can take a beating more that the lined one. Anyway, whoever saw it said, it looked typical chinese cheap player, and were surprised hearing it! FiiO managed better styling in my opinion, and attendtion to detail on FiiO players are better. They feel more premium(except for their slogan, which is grammatically wrong! 'music and happy!' ) on the bootscreen. Rock box, doesnt play Hi res, I think people tend to forget it often!

Mar 16, 2017 at 12:59 PM Post #4,332 of 5,194
  I think the buttons are metal too. Then thats really an eyeopener. I sold mine 2 months ago after using it for a year, never realized the buttons were plastic. But, like you have mentioned, cheap looks are subjective. But keeping them aside with a FiiO, the design looks cheap, but damn ergonormic. I used to operate it witihout taking out of the pocket all the time. But my biggest problem was that CD lines. They get scratched very fast, or else u need to be careful. I didnt had a single hairline on the side when I sold, but the front took a beating, even with small stuff kept accidenttly in the pocket. Good that they avoided it on the x10. The sand blast kind of surface can take a beating more that the lined one. Anyway, whoever saw it said, it looked typical chinese cheap player, and were surprised hearing it! FiiO managed better styling in my opinion, and attendtion to detail on FiiO players are better. They feel more premium(except for their slogan, which is grammatically wrong! 'music and happy!' ) on the bootscreen. Rock box, doesnt play Hi res, I think people tend to forget it often!

I'll take mine apart and see if they're metal or plastic. I agree with just about everything you said about the X3. The controls are very ergonomic but the front panel etching is too prone to scratching, but typical cheap Chinese players don't generally have all-metal housings, and the sound quality is also far above the typical player. That said, the firmware is typical; basic functionality and even that with serious bugs. So, it's Rockbox combined with the above-average hardware that makes this player at all worth having.

I'm aware that Rockbox downsamples hi-res files, but it's debatable if the difference is really noticeable in a player of this grade, so I don't count that too much in the negative column for what you get for the price. The functionality of Rockbox plus this hardware for this price is hard to beat by any player currently available. It's actually quite a unique combination.

I was set on getting the X10 because the hardware of the X3 is so impressive, but after thinking about it, I will only get the X10 if Rockbox gets ported to it. I don't believe Xduoo are capable of presenting value in their firmware which is commensurate with their hardware.

Mar 17, 2017 at 3:46 AM Post #4,333 of 5,194
  I'll take mine apart and see if they're metal or plastic. I agree with just about everything you said about the X3. The controls are very ergonomic but the front panel etching is too prone to scratching, but typical cheap Chinese players don't generally have all-metal housings, and the sound quality is also far above the typical player. That said, the firmware is typical; basic functionality and even that with serious bugs. So, it's Rockbox combined with the above-average hardware that makes this player at all worth having.

I'm aware that Rockbox downsamples hi-res files, but it's debatable if the difference is really noticeable in a player of this grade, so I don't count that too much in the negative column for what you get for the price. The functionality of Rockbox plus this hardware for this price is hard to beat by any player currently available. It's actually quite a unique combination.

I was set on getting the X10 because the hardware of the X3 is so impressive, but after thinking about it, I will only get the X10 if Rockbox gets ported to it. I don't believe Xduoo are capable of presenting value in their firmware which is commensurate with their hardware.

I replaced the x3 with a FiiO x5ii and now I have a x10. I agree that x3 has its own goodness. I felt the x3 to be cleaner sounding than the x10, despite all other peoples claims. Also, x3 sounded more airy. But others tend to disagree. My headphones respond well to the highs, and x10 is definitely rolled off, and lacks treble details. So there is no reason to upgrade if you are happy with the x3. Somehow, x10 lacks synergy with my headphones. Sounds very dry. Most people loved the midrange boost, and the midbass boost which x3 lacked, but I am saying, its a direction away from neutral. x3 sounded more neutral in my opinion. Rockbox would never happen on x10. They didnt give xvortex any reply. So there is no way for that. But stock is snappy, though it lacks and eq. 

Mar 17, 2017 at 11:15 AM Post #4,334 of 5,194
I can't live without proper resume, so x10 (without rockbox) is a no for me.

Mar 17, 2017 at 11:46 AM Post #4,335 of 5,194
  I replaced the x3 with a FiiO x5ii and now I have a x10. I agree that x3 has its own goodness. I felt the x3 to be cleaner sounding than the x10, despite all other peoples claims. Also, x3 sounded more airy. But others tend to disagree. My headphones respond well to the highs, and x10 is definitely rolled off, and lacks treble details. So there is no reason to upgrade if you are happy with the x3. Somehow, x10 lacks synergy with my headphones. Sounds very dry. Most people loved the midrange boost, and the midbass boost which x3 lacked, but I am saying, its a direction away from neutral. x3 sounded more neutral in my opinion. Rockbox would never happen on x10. They didnt give xvortex any reply. So there is no way for that. But stock is snappy, though it lacks and eq. 

Thanks Dexter, that's surprising about the X10, treble detail is important to me so it pushes the X10 even further back on my list. When it was first announced I was sure it would be everything the X3 is and more, including Rockbox, but it seems not to be so.

It's interesting they didn't reply to Xvortex, I wonder if they realize how important Rockbox has been to the X3. Maybe they want to learn to stand on their own as far as firmware goes, but if so it will probably be better for them than for their users. Oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back