XDUoo XD05PRO
May 2, 2024 at 12:56 PM Post #2,206 of 2,301
I'll be skipping it. Put the money towards a pair of Burson V7 classics. The buffers made a very small difference. I don't think it's worth the money. Especially if you don't have some insane resolving IEMs.

May 2, 2024 at 1:01 PM Post #2,207 of 2,301
I agreed Chinese markets got lots of fakes. That's why one needs to be careful buying from the right source. Even Sennheiser IE900 have fakes selling in European market too.
I having the same doubts on Ufeel products as well. But after I tried their Op-amps buffers, I can say I can clearly hear a audible improvements. I believe many that had used their Ufeel products can agree with me.
I don't really look at graphs or any measurements, they might look very impressive on paper but if it don't sounds good, what's the point?
General rule buying something from Chinses online store is only ordering chnese brand item only, :) Then you are free from the counterfeit products.

May 3, 2024 at 10:54 AM Post #2,208 of 2,301
Got the UFEEL MK08 today. Using the Trulis HA8802 to AB test without buffer, MK08, MK09. Using the high resolving Symphonium Helios SE and ESS DAC. Typing as I hear it.

HA8802 naked. Analog tuby sound. Open staging. Imaging is loose. Very musical. Lack definition. Sub bass a bit bloomy. Crazy how much this sounds like a tube.

MK08. Immediately mids is more forward. Better note definition all around. Not much difference in the other aspects. Some instruments still have that rounded tuby effect. A definite improvement over the naked.

MK09. Imaging is improved and what I will consider good. The tuby effect is much less. Bass thump is "normal". It's a lot more clinical now. Upper registers are more detailed. Female vocals sound a little more defined and forward. The improvement in dynamics is very clear. The open staging remains. Although this setup is less technical than the SS3306, especially the dynamics. I like it better for the open staging and more analog sound.

May 3, 2024 at 11:15 AM Post #2,209 of 2,301
Just thinking out loud. What if I stack them?

Answer: I can't hear a difference from the MK9 only. Certainly not detrimental.
IMG_7269.jpeg

May 3, 2024 at 11:37 AM Post #2,210 of 2,301
Just thinking out loud. What if I stack them?

Answer: I can't hear a difference from the MK9 only. Certainly not detrimental.
IMG_7269.jpeg
did you try with stacking the mk9 on top the mk8? i remembered reading some feedback by the chinese on the official taobao store saying there is a difference by stacking.

anyway, i'm still waiting on my mk8 and mk9 to arrive. haha

May 3, 2024 at 12:38 PM Post #2,211 of 2,301
did you try with stacking the mk9 on top the mk8? i remembered reading some feedback by the chinese on the official taobao store saying there is a difference by stacking.

Nope, I did it the other way around. The 8 on the 9. I'll try it in the morning. Wife is looking unhappy. :sweat_smile:

May 4, 2024 at 2:31 AM Post #2,212 of 2,301

Stack mk8 on mk9?!

May 4, 2024 at 6:20 AM Post #2,213 of 2,301
Trying out the Burson V7 Vivid right now. The stacked UFEEL is larger than the V7V, both in height and width. Right out of the gate, the staging and technicals on the V7V are superb. Goodness, the details. The UFEEL+Trulis stack has got more forward mids and sparkly treble, making it more musical. I am going to burn in the V7V now.

IMG_7274.jpeg

May 4, 2024 at 6:42 AM Post #2,215 of 2,301
Cool. Hope to hear your impressions on the V7 Vivids compared to the rest of the opamps you have.

I ordered the V7 Classics though. They just arrived in Malaysia this morning. I guess they will reach me by next Tuesday or Wednesday depending on my country’s customs efficiency.
Can’t wait to hear them as I never even tried the V6s before. I’m still quite new to this hobby.

May 4, 2024 at 7:09 AM Post #2,216 of 2,301
Cool. Hope to hear your impressions on the V7 Vivids compared to the rest of the opamps you have.

I ordered the V7 Classics though. They just arrived in Malaysia this morning. I guess they will reach me by next Tuesday or Wednesday depending on my country’s customs efficiency.
Can’t wait to hear them as I never even tried the V6s before. I’m still quite new to this hobby.
I m sure you would like it.

May 4, 2024 at 10:12 AM Post #2,217 of 2,301

I think it's probably the better choice if you want to enjoy your music. I figured I already have the UFEEL+HA8802 stack for musicality. I was looking at the chart below and thought I'd get the V7 Vivids in the event I do buy the Storm.

The V7V is clinical. It's so clean, bad recordings sound terrible on it. I tried it on a few IEMs and the neutral mids take the fun out of things. I did try out the UFEEL stack with the Burson. It appears the MK09 or MK08+MK09 stack pushes the mids forward. I am not sure if it deteriorates the sonics overall, it does sound like there is a teeny bit of distortion. I'll need more listening time.

Screenshot 2024-05-04 at 7.35.51 PM.png

May 4, 2024 at 12:00 PM Post #2,218 of 2,301
Very interesting to read about the V7 Vivids. I had the V6 Vivids and Classics in my Burson 3X GT amp, but swapped out the Vivids because I didn't like them in that amp. I have a few opamps to test in the XD05 PRO, and may add the V7 Vivids based on comments above.

1714838402754.png

May 4, 2024 at 1:35 PM Post #2,219 of 2,301
Very interesting to read about the V7 Vivids. I had the V6 Vivids and Classics in my Burson 3X GT amp, but swapped out the Vivids because I didn't like them in that amp. I have a few opamps to test in the XD05 PRO, and may add the V7 Vivids based on comments above.

Please share your impressions when you will test these op-amps in XD05PRO 😊 let us know which one you will like the most. Especially interested in more detailed comparison beetween SS2590 and V7 😊

Last edited:
May 6, 2024 at 4:15 AM Post #2,220 of 2,301
My V7 Classics has arrived.
1714983300790.jpeg

1714983321269.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back