ZMF Caldera Closed
May 10, 2024 at 10:02 AM Post #511 of 756
The Caldera Closed is up for sale now and so is my review, all 6 pages of it: https://www.techpowerup.com/review/zmf-caldera-closed-planar-magnetic-headphones/

Edit: It's published now :darthsmile:
Thanks for your review and measurements! It was a good read.

Caldera Closed just might have made Hifiman Sundara Closed more interesting.:thinking:

1000013555.png

May 10, 2024 at 10:02 AM Post #512 of 756
May 10, 2024 at 10:04 AM Post #513 of 756
Cute but seriously, I can't finish the transaction.

I verify the hCaptha click on pay now and nothing happens.
Try a different web browser. Give it some time: maybe too many people try to purchase, or the system is not quite ready yet. Email ZMF support.

May 10, 2024 at 10:07 AM Post #514 of 756
Think you can help with this?

I can't finish the transaction. I hit Pay Now and nothing happens. Tried 2 different browsers and get the same thing.

Edit: Thanks for the reply, I already sent a message.

Edit: Never mind, found out what the issue was. I am working from home today and had the company VPN turned on. The shopping cart application did not like that.

Last edited:
May 10, 2024 at 10:12 AM Post #515 of 756
Today is going to be a fun day, I brought my beloved AC in with the CC for a little battle royal.... I've been itching to face these two off since the CC's arrival. The CC is still burning in so i'm not going to make any definitive judgements yet, but I am curious how they stack up now as is. I'll revisit this after the CC is fully burned in.

Attachments

• IMG_1643.jpeg
    IMG_1643.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
May 10, 2024 at 10:13 AM Post #516 of 756
Thanks for your review and measurements! It was a good read.

Caldera Closed just might have made Hifiman Sundara Closed more interesting.:thinking:

1000013555.png
Hah I wish the Sundara Closed sounded anywhere as good as the Caldera Closed! Keep in mind that measurements don't tell the entire story and I've pointed out in the review where I felt my experience differs from the graphs.

May 10, 2024 at 10:19 AM Post #517 of 756
Oof... LTD edition, tuning kit, and additional tax easily makes this the most I've spent on a headphone. Only for ZMF I would spend this much lol.

May 10, 2024 at 10:26 AM Post #518 of 756
Think you can help with this?

I can't finish the transaction. I hit Pay Now and nothing happens. Tried 2 different browsers and get the same thing.

Edit: Thanks for the reply, I already sent a message.

Edit: Never mind, found out what the issue was. I am working from home today and had the company VPN turned on. The shopping cart application did not like that.

Excellent, I am glad that you got it sorted. I hope that you dig the CC!

May 10, 2024 at 10:35 AM Post #521 of 756
Excellent, I am glad that you got it sorted. I hope that you dig the CC!
A little embarrassed actually.

I'm a Systems/Network Administrator and forgot to look to see if my VPN was on (if there was a face palm emoji it would go here)

I know some shopping cart applications do not like VPNs.

I guess I was too excited to order and forgot to check that.

May 10, 2024 at 10:50 AM Post #522 of 756
A little embarrassed actually.

I'm a Systems/Network Administrator and forgot to look to see if my VPN was on (if there was a face palm emoji it would go here)

I know some shopping cart applications do not like VPNs.

I guess I was too excited to order and forgot to check that.

Every audio engineer I know has audio problems on Zoom/Teams calls. It's gotten to the point that it's a running joke. Even experts hit a bump on occasion.

May 10, 2024 at 11:44 AM Post #523 of 756
Hah I wish the Sundara Closed sounded anywhere as good as the Caldera Closed! Keep in mind that measurements don't tell the entire story and I've pointed out in the review where I felt my experience differs from the graphs.
I know I know, just interesting how similar their FR is. I have reviewed the closed Sundara too and found it just ok-ish, but really nothing more.

May 10, 2024 at 1:40 PM Post #524 of 756
May 10, 2024 at 1:40 PM Post #525 of 756
Anyone try the Auteur solid suede pads on the CC? I'm about an hour into it and honestly i'm really enjoying them! Being suede they temper the fast transients and treble a bit, but also have a nice even tonality and soundstage. A bit less engaging than the Caldera thick pads I was using before, but better balanced for my tastes. Curious if anyone else has given this combo a try?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back