ZMF Caldera - New Planar Magnetic from ZMF!
May 5, 2024 at 11:52 AM Post #7,111 of 7,319
My Zebra Caldera was delivered yesterday. It took about 6.5 weeks from order date to date of delivery.

IMG_4753.jpeg
IMG_4754.jpeg
IMG_4755.jpeg

Zebras are sooooo nice!

May 5, 2024 at 12:14 PM Post #7,112 of 7,319
May 5, 2024 at 8:10 PM Post #7,113 of 7,319
Hey All,

Trying to track down anyone who owns the following Caldera, no idea on how many were made but thought I'd try to make an offer for it. Does anyone by chance know someone who owns the following stabilized version?

1714948090024.png

May 6, 2024 at 1:15 AM Post #7,114 of 7,319
Posting of my caldera I got delivered last week… the only thing I can listen to at the minute…

Attachments

• IMG_8532.jpeg
    IMG_8532.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8531.jpeg
    IMG_8531.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8528.jpeg
    IMG_8528.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8527.jpeg
    IMG_8527.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
May 6, 2024 at 9:13 PM Post #7,116 of 7,319
Hi, a newbie ZMF and CamJam question here...

I have a number of headphones (Final D8K, Final D7K, Utopia, Diana TC) running on Wandla/Oor/Hypsos, WA8 and a Bakoon amp, and am interested in ZMF headphones, namely the Caldera, Verite and Atrium. I would love to try them out before choosing one, so I plan to attend the upcoming CamJam in Southern California for the first time.

Will I be able to purchase these headphones there? If so, what will be available for purchase from that venue?

Thanks in advance for your help.

May 6, 2024 at 9:24 PM Post #7,117 of 7,319
Hi, a newbie ZMF and CamJam question here...

I have a number of headphones (Final D8K, Final D7K, Utopia, Diana TC) running on Wandla/Oor/Hypsos, WA8 and a Bakoon amp, and am interested in ZMF headphones, namely the Caldera, Verite and Atrium. I would love to try them out before choosing one, so I plan to attend the upcoming CamJam in Southern California for the first time.

Will I be able to purchase these headphones there? If so, what will be available for purchase from that venue?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Yeah, ZMF usually brings a ton of headphones and amps to check out. Get there early, the ZMF room is quite the popular destination.

Laker freak, huh? Who's your favorite Laker now and of all time?

May 6, 2024 at 9:25 PM Post #7,118 of 7,319
Will I be able to purchase these headphones there?
Yes, ZMF sells a selection of its headphones at Canjams. The selection sometimes includes b-stock units (occasionally with very slight, if not imperceptible tiny flaws), unique stabilized ones, the stock versions, and then other various special wood offerings.

If so, what will be available for purchase from that venue?
It varies by each CanJam and what stock ZMF currently has. At a guess, I'd suspect you'd find more Caldera and Atrium models, as they're both especially popular at the moment, but there should be a few Vérités, too.

May 6, 2024 at 9:32 PM Post #7,120 of 7,319
Yes, ZMF sells a selection of its headphones at Canjams. The selection sometimes includes b-stock units (occasionally with very slight, if not imperceptible tiny flaws), unique stabilized ones, the stock versions, and then other various special wood offerings.

It varies by each CanJam and what stock ZMF currently has. At a guess, I'd suspect you'd find more Caldera and Atrium models, as they're both especially popular at the moment, but there should be a few Vérités, too.
A stablized Caldera Open would be awesome!

May 6, 2024 at 9:46 PM Post #7,121 of 7,319
Too many Laker greats to name one favorite! Unfortunately, I don't have one in the current team.
My Man! Correct answer. Can't stand the current team, except for Reaves.

Signed,
Head Fi's resident Laker gatekeeper

May 6, 2024 at 10:46 PM Post #7,123 of 7,319
I have seen pictures a few days ago and my first thought was 'that is a weird looking ZMF'.
Apparently at certain points of Asia people take this copying (stealing design) less seriously. For a few weeks/months there was a Meze Advar clone circling online and the designer didn't quite understand why the resemblance is bad, when his product is a lot cheaper but still good value when it comes to sound. I immediately stop caring about a company who can't even come up with their own design.
What SJY did, is a frustrating design rip off. The fact that they stopped communicating with Zach, makes things a lot worse.
I don't understand how 'reviewers' can support this.
The headphones might even sound nice for the price, and perhaps he will change the design language and this was to gain initial attention. Either way, not a decent move.
(That said, the build is not quite on ZMF level even by looking at the pictures.)
Yall are much more genteel than I am evidently. Wrong is wrong. Expletives abound here, trying to be polite (un-characteristic). Splashing someone else's hard-earned designs is just BS. Call it what it is. Like in the flats fishing world, a shyster stealing a hull design by turning it upside down and making a mold of of it, is met with severe derision (and worse trust me) and is the ultimate form of disrespect. If this guy can't do his own thing, no one support this! screw**g disgusting.

May 6, 2024 at 10:59 PM Post #7,124 of 7,319
Hey All,

Trying to track down anyone who owns the following Caldera, no idea on how many were made but thought I'd try to make an offer for it. Does anyone by chance know someone who owns the following stabilized version?

1714948090024.png
Lol. Infinite is probably also my favorite Caldera I've seen. Enough to remember the name of it. Hopefully the custom shop will be help out some people envious of thy neighbors.

May 6, 2024 at 11:11 PM Post #7,125 of 7,319
Hey All,

Man, that thing is incredible! I take it you’re enjoying your Caldera after all. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back