Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
May 28, 2024 at 10:54 PM Post #19,006 of 19,020
Yeah, I couldn't find it on the store and looks like it was vaulted. It sucks not having the lockscreen/apple watch controls in Rigelian and 8 Player Pro
I made the mistake of recently deleting Glider and when I went to download it again it wasn't available. Thankfully a backup I made in iMazing has Glider in the app list and was able to reinstall it that way

May 29, 2024 at 8:09 AM Post #19,007 of 19,020
Working in IT means nothing in reference to audiophile electronics. A search of this forum should provide answers to any poly issues. The poly/mojo2 is the best sounding of my daps. Plug it in regularly to a decent charger.

I'm not sure I completely agree and its not because the answers may not be in the forum but rather if I did not work in IT (for over 30 years as well) I would be much more reluctant to pull the trigger on something like poly after reading about various wifi/bluetooth related issues people have been reporting. Having the IT background made me feel comfortable that I would probably be able to find workarounds more easily. Also if you work in IT you are more likely to already understand how important it is to have proper USB chargers for certain devices - regular consumers are much more likely to just grab whatever they have in drawers and assume it should work with this type of equipment which is definitely not the case. Also, in the case of poly while there is plenty of info in the forums it's far from clear if all the answers have been provided because device seems to be particularly sensitive to what types of routers and mesh networks people may or may not be using so you can upgrade your wifi network and actually break poly compatibility which is not what you would ever expect to see. I actually think Chord could to a lot worse than to provide a list of network equipment somewhere that they guartantee to work because they tested it and can provide details for any particular setup as long as that equipment is in use.

May 29, 2024 at 8:15 AM Post #19,009 of 19,020
I'm not sure I completely agree and its not because the answers may not be in the forum but rather if I did not work in IT (for over 30 years as well) I would be much more reluctant to pull the trigger on something like poly after reading about various wifi/bluetooth related issues people have been reporting. Having the IT background made me feel comfortable that I would probably be able to find workarounds more easily. Also if you work in IT you are more likely to already understand how important it is to have proper USB chargers for certain devices - regular consumers are much more likely to just grab whatever they have in drawers and assume it should work with this type of equipment which is definitely not the case. Also, in the case of poly while there is plenty of info in the forums it's far from clear if all the answers have been provided because device seems to be particularly sensitive to what types of routers and mesh networks people may or may not be using so you can upgrade your wifi network and actually break poly compatibility which is not what you would ever expect to see. I actually think Chord could to a lot worse than to provide a list of network equipment somewhere that they guartantee to work because they tested it and can provide details for any particular setup as long as that equipment is in use.
The average consumer isn't interested in finding work arounds for $700 gadgets. They want it to function as advertised

May 29, 2024 at 8:18 AM Post #19,010 of 19,020
The average consumer isn't interested in finding work arounds for $700 gadgets. They want it to function as advertised

No question about it - I agree. From my selfish point of view however I'm thrilled to have been able to still buy a new poly 7 years after it being released and with all the problems reported in forums - and I would have not done it if I did not have the IT background.

May 30, 2024 at 7:33 AM Post #19,011 of 19,020
But what Chord shoudl really do is fire whoever is responsible for gofigure app and pay someone to do it properly.

Likely the same person/people who did the firmware for the poly also did GoFigure. Since Chord doesn't do software development, they did pay someone already to do it. Not sure how many OEM firmare/software developers are out there.

Regardless, their turn around time and failed promised functionality is on a glacial pace.

May 31, 2024 at 4:12 PM Post #19,012 of 19,020
Okay, so I have got my Poly and am surprised that it indeed produces better sq than when using the Mojo 2 alone.

I'm struggling however to find ways to use it on the go.
As far as I understood, the only 2 ways are through an SD-card or using Airplay?

I was hoping there'd be a way to stream Qobuz on the go without using up all my mobile data.
Any tips?

May 31, 2024 at 4:51 PM Post #19,013 of 19,020
Okay, so I have got my Poly and am surprised that it indeed produces better sq than when using the Mojo 2 alone.

As far as I understood, the only 2 ways are through an SD-card or using Airplay?

I was hoping there'd be a way to stream Qobuz on the go without using up all my mobile data.
Any tips?

Hotspot Poly to your phone and you can use MConnect, BubbleUPnP (and others) to stream Tidal or Qobuz...

Edit:
It does use mobile data... how else would it work?

May 31, 2024 at 6:22 PM Post #19,016 of 19,020
The only other option I can see would be storing the files on the phone itself?

Unfortunately, the apps that will work over UPnP don't allow offline playback of Qobuz or Tidal so no way to stream without using data. I guess Airplay would be the best option if you download the Qobuz tracks to local storage for offline... Maybe I'm misunderstanding?

May 31, 2024 at 11:41 PM Post #19,017 of 19,020

Any tips?
Yes, Mojo2 with Poly will have excellent sound quality. But it suck for using it on the go. You might better look for another solutions for that. Until Chord will implement latest Bluetooth codecs.

Jun 1, 2024 at 2:37 AM Post #19,018 of 19,020
Yes, Mojo2 with Poly will have excellent sound quality. But it suck for using it on the go. You might better look for another solutions for that. Until Chord will implement latest Bluetooth codecs.
Maybe using a decent Dap from astell and kern, or Shanling they have smaller models. And stick those together. Dap’s are way less noisy then phone’s

And Bluetooth, even LDAC is easily noticable in destroying the micro harmonics. At least for me noticable enough to not want to use it. But outside you maybe notice those issues less because of the outside noise

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2024 at 11:00 AM Post #19,020 of 19,020

Any tips?
What country are you in? In the UK, where I am, I have got a 1 month rolling contract 125Gb per month plan £12 per month and I've never used more than that steaming Qobuz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back