HEDD Announces HEDDphone With AMT Technology
May 17, 2024 at 10:00 PM Post #4,486 of 4,489
May 17, 2024 at 10:06 PM Post #4,487 of 4,489
May 18, 2024 at 7:37 AM Post #4,488 of 4,489
Wow someone needs a nap.

I thought the video was very well edited. The most interesting tidbit is how HEDD Audio says they want to transition to being more of a highend headphone company in the near future. That's quite the transition, and it will be VERY interesting to see what a full line-up of AMT headphones at different price points looks like.
Hmm, after a refreshing "8 hours nap"
I humbly confess,I may have been a bit blunt there. Not really my intention more an obsvervation of the constant noise pollution too many take for granted ,though not I.
Sorry GoldenSound if I offended you.But Reputator did you read my last sentence at all? I wrote "an otherwise interesting video", except for the unwanted disturbing background noise pollution added during the actual interview.
What interested me most was GoldenSound comparing the resolution of AMT to electrostatics. Something I noted too with their V1.
I listen to music via my electrostatic speakers a lot.
Regarding possible future different price points products, iems and such I personally could not care less. Iems by-pass the outer ears ,imo not a good thing to do. But Ultimate HIgh- End AMT over ears headphones yes. I have very simple taste ,I want to hear the very best SQ the AMT tech can deliver. And V1, though interesting, did not quite deliver as far as I am concerned.
And to be blunt once again,music is never reduced to background noise for me . I listen to music or I do something else.

Cheers CC

Jun 1, 2024 at 6:43 PM Post #4,489 of 4,489
Last night I had the immense pleasure of finally connecting my HEDDphone One to speaker taps. I paired it with my new tube amp Nobsound 6P1, which I'm a bit embarrassed to say is an ultra cheap made in China brand, but actually has a good design and really shines with a couple mods and aftermarket tubes and of course a quality RCA input source. Being this amp is not specced to drive the HEDDphone properly from the headphone output at all, I went ahead and ordered a decent looking 6.35mm female adapter that uses a cable, so I could simply chop off the receiving side and reconfigure the wires to sit in the speaker taps on the back, with the unaltered receiving part of the adapter connected to my headphone cable without having to disassemble anything on that. I believe I used the 8 ohm speaker taps, and there is also a 4 ohm output. Not sure if I should also try that?

The sound went from resolving and very good but maybe slightly veiled and not quite three-dimensional with the ATH r70x with a traditional headphone connection to absolutely spellbinding on the speaker taps with the HEDDphone! It's like the floodgates of my deepest audio dreams popped up into an amazing three-dimensional reality, eye popping details in all directions, immediate dynamics, black background with humongous soundstage, details and bass galore, and as much clarity as you could ask for, all without being fatiguing! It's really something that has to be heard to believed! Anyone interested in going this route, do note there are several mods that are basically a must, such as my upgraded HEDDphone One cable (Rubi prototype from Arctand Labs website based in Singapore) that I mentioned about here earlier, aftermarket 6SN7 or compatible input tubes for the amp, and something that really makes a difference in my chain is the Audio GD DI-20 DDC which is fed by an external clock to further bring about the potential of my USB audio, and then converted to optical with a iFi SPDIF iPurifier and a really good multi-strand Toslink cable to a good DAC.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• xtr4
Back