Sound Rhyme impression thread
May 23, 2024 at 11:39 AM Post #2,508 of 2,519
Hi, I need help choosing between the monarch mk3 and dte900.

I would use the iem for gaming (fps games) and for electronic/rock music.

Has anyone tried both to tell me your opinion?

I would like to know which one has more soundstage, bass, subbass, which one sounds more natural or realistic..

Asco I wanted to ask if Sound Rhyme is planning to release a new iem in the SR or DTE series?

Thank you!
I would also consider AüR Audio Aetha. This thing could be the best TOTL for 1k.
Never tried the MMK3, it should be very awesome for electronic and rock from what I have been told. Only downside I have read is that the midrange is not enough forward, but again this depends on your taste. You get the very good bass performance of the two DDs on MMK3, the fake isobaric style. But again most people really love this style of DD implementation.

DTE900 is awesome with electronica, or most of it. I do find the high upper mids to be to energetic, maybe more noticeable on rock than electronica.

And yeah Aehta is also awesome for the genres you mentioned, but again depends. One person will love DTE900 another the MMK3 or the Aehta.
If we go by best sub bass, all of them can compete. Mid bass depends on tuning and how you preffer it, all got punchy bass.

Lets say:
DTE900 - Energetic V shape, with thick low mids.
MMK3 - Resolving V shape, airy.
Aehta - Depends on switches, L shape to warm neutral or more of a W shape.

May 23, 2024 at 12:17 PM Post #2,509 of 2,519
Never tried the MMK3, it should be very awesome for electronic and rock from what I have been told. Only downside I have read is that the midrange is not enough forward, but again this depends on your taste. You get the very good bass performance of the two DDs on MMK3, the fake isobaric style. But again most people really love this style of DD implementation.

DTE900 is awesome with electronica, or most of it. I do find the high upper mids to be to energetic, maybe more noticeable on rock than electronica.

And yeah Aehta is also awesome for the genres you mentioned, but again depends. One person will love DTE900 another the MMK3 or the Aehta.
If we go by best sub bass, all of them can compete. Mid bass depends on tuning and how you preffer it, all got punchy bass.

Lets say:
DTE900 - Energetic V shape, with thick low mids.
MMK3 - Resolving V shape, airy.
Aehta - Depends on switches, L shape to warm neutral or more of a W shape.
I have some questions, between all of 3 which one you would say that is the best for fps games? Which one has the biggest soundstage and which sound the most natural?

May 23, 2024 at 1:41 PM Post #2,510 of 2,519
I have some questions, between all of 3 which one you would say that is the best for fps games? Which one has the biggest soundstage and which sound the most natural?
Aehta or MMK3, both are probably equally good for gaming. DTE900 was a little to colored when playing competive shooter games.

May 23, 2024 at 2:54 PM Post #2,511 of 2,519
Aehta or MMK3, both are probably equally good for gaming. DTE900 was a little to colored when playing competive shooter games.
What? "Too colored"? How much accuracy in frequency response and timbre do you need just to play games? You're not remastering a Mozart symphony.

Lol.

May 23, 2024 at 3:14 PM Post #2,512 of 2,519
What? "Too colored"? How much accuracy in frequency response and timbre do you need just to play games? You're not remastering a Mozart symphony.

Lol.
The more neutral or bright make you hear stuff more easy in games. Positioning cues can be a winning factor in many fps games, is it needed? No. Can it give yo a winning edge? Yes.
I am no big gamer, I casually play a few times a month. I always use a resolving and fairly natural IEM for FPS games, when I play a single player game I often pick up something more fun and warm.

Last edited:
May 23, 2024 at 3:28 PM Post #2,513 of 2,519
competive shooter games

Lol.
Note this part. We are indeed not talking about remastering here.
If you're playing at a casual level, it really doesn't matter aside from preference. If you're looking to get the largest edge in terms of audio over your opponents, having booms from grenades/explosions be too emphasized (as the DTE900 would, comparatively), they will crowd and overtake what you should focus on in terms of sounds in-game.

Having used both DTE900 and Hype 4 (close in terms of tuning to MMK3), I always prefer the Hype 4

May 23, 2024 at 3:31 PM Post #2,514 of 2,519
That's news to me. I guess I can see how the extra detail can help, though. I never thought of the DTE900 as missing detail or having a overwhelming bass. I find its imaging and staging to be top notch.

May 23, 2024 at 3:46 PM Post #2,516 of 2,519
Never saw SK Gaming with an DTE900 or Penon Impact.

But, what do i know……😎😉

Last edited:
May 24, 2024 at 10:42 AM Post #2,518 of 2,519
SK gaming isn't FPS though, FPS is a different ballgame when it comes to competitive audio. That being said, you'll still see most of the pros use their branded gaming peripherals, but I've seen a few out there with actual audiophile equipment. Apparently for RIOTs Valorant Franchise teams they are using custom IEMs (Not sure which, I've only heard it mentioned on streams) and players like TenZ are adopting stuff like the Blessing 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back