Is there anyone using the L&P W4 who has encountered the following issue?
May 15, 2024 at 2:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

ynitsed

New Head-Fier
I recently purchased the W4, and I've been experiencing pop noise when pausing a track or skipping to the next one. Even when watching YouTube videos, if the streamer mutes their mic, the same pop noise occurs. This situation is causing me a lot of stress, especially considering that this device is not $50. Has anyone else experienced a similar issue? This problem occurs consistently on my iPhone, iPad, and computer, and firmware updates have not resolved it.

May 28, 2024 at 4:09 AM Post #2 of 12
I recently purchased the W4, and I've been experiencing pop noise when pausing a track or skipping to the next one. Even when watching YouTube videos, if the streamer mutes their mic, the same pop noise occurs. This situation is causing me a lot of stress, especially considering that this device is not $50. Has anyone else experienced a similar issue? This problem occurs consistently on my iPhone, iPad, and computer, and firmware updates have not resolved it.
Are you using the stock type c cable?

May 28, 2024 at 8:18 AM Post #4 of 12
Yes, I'm using the stock cable, other side 3.5mm.
Can you try using a different good quality type c cable and see if this is still happening?

May 29, 2024 at 8:37 AM Post #5 of 12
Can you try using a different good quality type c cable and see if this is still happening?
I received a replacement device, but the same issue persists.

1. I am using A8000 earphones connected to the 3.5mm jack. (iphone 15 pro max)

2. Noise occurs only when the EQ and SDF settings are set to NORMAL, and it disappears if any setting is changed.

3. The issue remains the same regardless of the type of earphones or USB-C cable used.

Are you also using the W4?

Last edited:
May 29, 2024 at 10:17 AM Post #6 of 12
I received a replacement device, but the same issue persists.

1. I am using A8000 earphones connected to the 3.5mm jack. (iphone 15 pro max)

2. Noise occurs only when the EQ and SDF settings are set to NORMAL, and it disappears if any setting is changed.

3. The issue remains the same regardless of the type of earphones or USB-C cable used.

Are you also using the W4?
I did own W4 until last month and never had this issue. Did this issue start after recent firmware update or did it exist in the previous update as well?

May 29, 2024 at 6:20 PM Post #7 of 12
I did own W4 until last month and never had this issue. Did this issue start after recent firmware update or did it exist in the previous update as well?
I'm not entirely sure, but I recall that the first product didn't have any noise initially. The noise started after a firmware update.

The replaced product came with version 1.0.1.8 from the beginning, and it has had noise from the start.

Do you happen to remember the firmware version of your product?

May 29, 2024 at 6:23 PM Post #8 of 12
I'm not entirely sure, but I recall that the first product didn't have any noise initially. The noise started after a firmware update.

The replaced product came with version 1.0.1.8 from the beginning, and it has had noise from the start.

Do you happen to remember the firmware version of your product?
It was W4_V1.0.1.6. Why don’t you try flashing the older firmware and see if it fixes the issue?

https://shop.musicteck.com/pages/lp-firmware-upgrade

May 29, 2024 at 6:30 PM Post #9 of 12
It was W4_V1.0.1.6. Why don’t you try flashing the older firmware and see if it fixes the issue?

https://shop.musicteck.com/pages/lp-firmware-upgrade
Actually, I had already tried updating to all versions of the firmware before the exchange and confirmed that the same issue occurred. I'll try again with this new product and let you know how it goes.

Just to confirm, you didn’t experience this issue with the 3.5mm jack before or after the firmware updates, right?

May 29, 2024 at 6:34 PM Post #10 of 12
Actually, I had already tried updating to all versions of the firmware before the exchange and confirmed that the same issue occurred. I'll try again with this new product and let you know how it goes.

Just to confirm, you didn’t experience this issue with the 3.5mm jack before or after the firmware updates, right?
Nope. I used Z1R and Xelento 2nd gen with the 3.5mm jack and never had this issue. I did however use it always with NOS filter. I fiddled around with the rest extensively.

May 29, 2024 at 7:47 PM Post #11 of 12
Nope. I used Z1R and Xelento 2nd gen with the 3.5mm jack and never had this issue. I did however use it always with NOS filter. I fiddled around with the rest extensively.
I've tried it, but the issue persists across all firmware versions. I suspect that the problem occurs with certain devices...

The manufacturer plans to address it in the next firmware update, but considering that there were comments about fixing the noise from the 3.5mm jack in the past update logs, I'm doubtful it will be resolved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back