Look! MOONDROP's First HiFi Smartphone, MIAD01
Apr 25, 2024 at 3:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 164

MOONDROP

Sponsor: Moondrop
The growing complexity of 5G smartphones and the disappearance of the headphone jack are taken for granted by most users, but for people who love music and value sound quality, these developments are problematic.
Music lovers long for a solution that doesn’t involve carrying a cumbersome hi-fi player around, or connecting their smartphones to external decoders and amplifiers. A solution that returns to the original vision of a hi-fi player that allows you to “Take beautiful sounds with you.”
Hence, we wanted to do something different. It’s high time for a change, and here is our solution!
1.jpg

We're proud to announce our first HiFi smartphone, the MIAD01, with a price tag of US$399. It is equipped with Mediatek Dimensity 7050 8-core processor, combined with sufficient performance and low power consumption, Cortex-A78 processors clocked up to 2.6GHz and Cortex-A55 processors clocked 2.0GHz. It features 12GLPDDR4xRAM+256GUFS31 flash storage for storing more master music files and carrying more mainstreaming apps. Of course, it supports 2TB storage expansion card and OTG.
MIAD三视图.jpg

MIAD01 is not only a smartphone, it's a HiFi audio device with 3.5mm SE+4.4mm BAL outputs. Specially designed for the complex signal environment of 5G smartphones, the independent electromagnetic shielding and isolation audio circuit module adopts dual Master HiFi audio decoding chips. The 6-layer gold-sinking independent audio circuit shields the signal interference, and the audio circuit is supplied by an independent LDO power supply.
4-channel fully balanced output, dynamic range up to 132dB, the SNR up to 117dB, It’s easy to drive various types of flagship in-ear headphones and most full-size headphones, while providing pure master sound quality.
PHI_7352.jpg

Besides, MIAD01 has a large battery capacity of 5000mAh, and 33W PD fast charging, it offers the test data of 27H battery life under balanced output. In terms of the screen, it offers a 6.7-inch flexible OLED curved screen, 120Hz high refresh rates, 1080P Full HD Resolution, and 1920Hz high-frequency PWM dimming.
PHI_0544-已增强-NR.jpg

Thanks for reading and your support. Any questions, comments, or suggestions are welcome.

Moondrop Stay updated on Moondrop at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.moondroplab.com
Apr 25, 2024 at 10:04 AM Post #5 of 164
Does this have 5G outside of China? I know some are locked to just that region and I would like to make sure this isn't one of them so I can pick one up myself.
it is stated in their official site...
Assuming it runs Android: which version and how long will the product be supported?
Android 13, dont think this phone will behave like how usual phone since this is not a usual phone rather than provide a solution for those ppl who do not want dongle or what ever added accessories... if you want those long supported phone, you should buy another phone.. YMMV..

Apr 25, 2024 at 10:11 AM Post #7 of 164
If this ends up being half as good as it sounds, future of DAPS will start crunching into the smartphone market for all those who like music and hate current memephones

Apr 25, 2024 at 10:13 AM Post #8 of 164
If this ends up being half as good as it sounds, future of DAPS will start crunching into the smartphone market for all those who like music and hate current memephones
I am not impressed because it has a DAP/DAC features. But I am hugely impressed by the specifications and the pricing …. Wow

Apr 25, 2024 at 10:18 AM Post #9 of 164
I am not impressed because it has a DAP/DAC features. But I am hugely impressed by the specifications and the pricing …. Wow
One thing i'd need to know if it has strong encryption for internal AND external memory. Samsung takes the crown on that because it uses both data AND metadata encryption.

Apr 25, 2024 at 11:25 AM Post #13 of 164
Wow..... where does something like this sit in the DAP market though?

Apr 25, 2024 at 11:32 AM Post #14 of 164
Wow..... where does something like this sit in the DAP market though?

A mixture and blend of all in one can only be so good. It won’t be anywhere as technologically advanced as dedicated DAP. Simply forms to spaces being limited while cramping in too many features.

If anyone is more serious about portable hi-fi, going the route of Dedicated high end DAP or dedicate Stack is going to be much more of a performers just based on technological points of views.

This will be for people who always loved having IPod or IPhones but a step upward. However, as I said, while phones have no jacks. This one is not only low priced , but also have all kind of jacks you would desires

Like someone mentioned above, smartphone markets are not easy. Even Sony and Xperia are ways behind. Depends a lot on firmwares and UI

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2024 at 11:33 AM Post #15 of 164
I mean even if it's a cheap device... Launching it with Android 13 seems rather cheap?

Don't expect it to get many or frequent updates either.

But there should be a market for it considering there's no alternatives.

For someone who's a tech nerd as much as a hifi nerd it doesn't excite me personally tho.

It will probably be a success given its low price.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back