The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
May 17, 2024 at 11:45 AM Post #89,477 of 90,443
Superior EX tempt me a loooot!
Would be interesting to compare it with more expensive iems as NiceHck Hymalaya, Dita PM and Elysian Pilgrim
I found some reviews...

https://ddz-jp.com/review-qdcxfitear-superiorex/
https://www.appbankstore.jp/article/?p=232792

1715943187586.png

It's very nice. I expected to just say meh and pass it up but I keep going back to it. It's natural, impactful, yet with good clarity.

Here's my measurement comparing it with my Traillii (Ignore the 8kHz peak. It's a coupler resonance that moves with insertion depth). Amazing from a single 10mm DD.

img0178.jpg

img0176.jpg

May 17, 2024 at 11:49 AM Post #89,478 of 90,443
I have the Eros S AE over here and imo that's one of EA's finest cables regarding price/performance ratio :)

I agree, the Eros S is excellent - totally worth skipping over Ares and Cadmus for! :thumbsup:

May 17, 2024 at 12:46 PM Post #89,481 of 90,443
EU Meet Up Dublin.jpg

Folks

Following the resounding success of our last EU Meet Up, expertly organised and hosted by @drftr and @MatW in Amsterdam last March, we are thrilled to announce the date and location of our next Meet Up.

Our next Meet Up is being planned for the weekend of October 18th to 20th this year and @Scubadevils and I will be hosting everyone in our capital city of Dublin, here in the Republic of Ireland. Dublin is a welcoming and easily accessible EU capital city and getting here from any part of the world is easy.

We have a dedicated channel on our Discord server where discussions and planning for the next event will take place. If you are interested in coming along to the next Meet Up in Dublin, please send me a PM, and I will share an invitation with you for Discord.

Please share this with anyone you think may be interested in attending, add it to your calendar and let us know if you plan to come along!

We look forward to welcoming everyone to Dublin, reconnecting in person with the group of legends who made it to Amsterdam, and meeting more like-minded addicts head-fiers!

(credits to @Quartex for the image :punch:)

Last edited:
May 17, 2024 at 12:47 PM Post #89,482 of 90,443
The Noir has an extra mid driver, an extra crossover path for said driver and a pricier EA cable.
I am pretty sure that Noir uses the same drivers differently. One of the two BA drivers for the highs of the standard versions is used for the mids instead. So two mid BA, one high BA on Noir.

May 17, 2024 at 1:10 PM Post #89,484 of 90,443
I agree, the Eros S is excellent - totally worth skipping over Ares and Cadmus for! :thumbsup:
Agree, i have Eros S(1st Anniversary Edition) and i love synergy with Anni. For the money, awesome!
20240517_190058.jpg

May 17, 2024 at 1:13 PM Post #89,485 of 90,443
May 17, 2024 at 1:17 PM Post #89,487 of 90,443
My work from home choice for a lot of today while getting through emails and admin. The X4 really is an incredibly satisfying listen that allows for extended sessions - warm and captivating, but still airy and detailed in a large stage. Also incredibly comfortable in my ears, almost feels like nothing is there!

As noted previously, I think the stock cable is excellent both visually and aesthetically…

Fantastic all-rounder!

IMG_4005.jpeg

May 17, 2024 at 1:20 PM Post #89,488 of 90,443
My work from home choice for a lot of today while getting through emails and admin. The X4 really is an incredibly satisfying listen that allows for extended sessions - warm and captivating, but still airy and detailed in a large stage. Also incredibly comfortable in my ears, almost feels like nothing is there!

As noted previously, I think the stock cable is excellent both visually and aesthetically…

Fantastic all-rounder!

IMG_4005.jpeg
Please keep scubying it until at least "a certain weekend" in October please.

drftr

May 17, 2024 at 1:24 PM Post #89,489 of 90,443
Please keep scubying it until at least "a certain weekend" in October please.

drftr

Looking forward to it - X4 will absolutely still be with me… promise 😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back