「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jun 23, 2014 at 11:26 PM Post #115,906 of 177,747
I don't play on Steam often because the software itself is a piece of turd.

I'm playing Team Fortress 2 because I want to buy something and finally upgrade from a free account after some 8 years or so. Apparently they don't want my money because I can't type in my password for my PayPal account. That doesn't bother me all too much though.

Oh, and trying to view game trailers in full-screen apparently crashes the application every single time in OS X. Brilliant.

Surely Steam isn't that bad? 

Surely it is.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyQJAgM-2NE[/video]

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfbaABLsV4Q[/video]

Jun 23, 2014 at 11:34 PM Post #115,907 of 177,747
SteamID: ecesteils

Not that it matters since I only play Dota most of the time.

Interesting :
http://www.cnet.com/news/astonishing-headphones-with-clarity-like-youve-never-heard-before/

Though I don't know how I feel about them releasing 3 versions of these within a year.

Jun 24, 2014 at 12:21 AM Post #115,909 of 177,747
Well, I got the 15" Pro. First impression: it's very cold, and it's very new.

And I can't seem to find the Spoiler tag button:

Jun 24, 2014 at 12:56 AM Post #115,910 of 177,747
  That is what you use an emulator for ♥

$1300?!?!
Why on earth would anyone buy this thing?!
The specs are pure garbage....

The girl at the end is pretty cute though

And I can't seem to find the Spoiler tag button:

Nice new lappy :)

@ Micey

I agree, the STEAM program is very crappy. Barely responsive at times, and the UI for looking for games, and what not is extremely limited, and feels congested and 'small', when in reality, it is a huge library. It's description feature, and general usability is also pretty poor. 

Jun 24, 2014 at 1:04 AM Post #115,912 of 177,747

You could just use the BBCode editor and type [ spoiler] spoiler here [ /spoiler]

Also, nice! Enjoy your new Rehtyna display.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0-X1-1lk-Q[/video]

Be sure to install BetterTouchTool too to get the most out of the Pro's awesome multi-touch trackpad.
http://blog.boastr.net/

@ Micey

I agree, the STEAM program is very crappy. Barely responsive at times, and the UI for looking for games, and what not is extremely limited, and feels congested and 'small', when in reality, it is a huge library. It's description feature, and general usability is also pretty poor. 

Yeah, I guess most people just play games and not worry about the general user interface. XD

Jun 24, 2014 at 1:14 AM Post #115,913 of 177,747
You could just use the BBCode editor and type [ spoiler] spoiler here [ /spoiler]

Be sure to install BetterTouchTool too to get the most out of the Pro's awesome multi-touch trackpad.
Yeah, I guess most people just play games and not worry about the general user interface. XD

As much as I like making Gaben jokes about being PC Gaming's God and what not.

Valve, Steam, and its holdings aren't exactly a stick of quality. Moral quality? Sure. But otherwise, its pretty mediocre to bad at times.

STEAM has the worst customer service period. Origin EA is bad, but at least with Origin, you can get someone, and often leave with a 15% off coupon. 

The UI for STEAM, its web interface (and how it tries to 'tie' stuff together) is annoying as hell. Some user schiit you HAVE to go through on their website and not in the program. And then comes them using the STEAM program UI for a website. Let's not mention the bugs. Finding things, comparing things, and ultimately getting the best browsing for games experiencce on STEAM is near non-existent. Not to mention, its friend system, gift system, game overlay, and the new card system presents some interesting layers of cookie cutter footsteps (what leads to where), that makes it sometimes weird to traverse once you get deep into the system. 

The STEAM login system is ok, but for people like me that move locations a lot, it is a pain. I know I don't need to have the code system setup, but it is a pain either way. 

And do I mention that STEAM deals are crap unless during its big sales? Absolute crap. 

I also heavilly dislike Source Engine's UI.

I also dislike most of their games. LFD2 and HL2 were ok, fun, but nothing I could get into. 

Which makes me wonder, what is it, that Gaben truly is doing that makes him such a large icon to PC Gamers? Nostalgia? Bandwagon? Game catered towards a market that many seem to like? Or possibly even allegiance and something you connect to as a PC Gamer?

Dude is sweet and chill, but they don't seem to be making much progress.

Noting that it isn't entirely their fault, and it is on purpose. They only have 320 employees and are a game studio, world's largest digital video game distributor, DRM guarantor for other studios, etc etc.

Jun 24, 2014 at 1:18 AM Post #115,914 of 177,747
  STEAM has the worst customer service period. Origin EA is bad, but at least with Origin, you can get someone, and often leave with a 15% off coupon. 

Okay... ignoring the rest of the rant which I agree with...  

Origin's live support is kinda spotty.  When you get someone who cares, my god it's great.  When you get someone who is less caring... 
Still. I am very happy Origin has the live chat aspect even if it is hit or miss.  Origin as the client though.  I quite like it now that it has matured since the early days of EA Downloader.  For now, it remains a games client and not much else.  Not unlike steam in the early days. 

Jun 24, 2014 at 1:21 AM Post #115,915 of 177,747

Just saw the video

Oh god....lolololol

Optimum ecchi HD Service!

Jun 24, 2014 at 1:24 AM Post #115,917 of 177,747

Okay... ignoring the rest of the rant which I agree with...  

Origin's live support is kinda spotty.  When you get someone who cares, my god it's great.  When you get someone who is less caring... 
Still. I am very happy Origin has the live chat aspect even if it is hit or miss.  Origin as the client though.  I quite like it now that it has matured since the early days of EA Downloader.  For now, it remains a games client and not much else.  Not unlike steam in the early days. 

With steam, you don't get anyone and are left to take a hike. There is rare 1 in 1000 times of support doing something. 

I like that it is keeping a game client. 

They obviously did market research on sTEAM and noted things it did poorly. I'm defintiely sure STEAM's poor cookie cutter layering was put down as Origin's layering is much much clearer and better (granted less features). 

Did I also mention they have a game return policy? Origin will let you 'return' a game.........

I have yet to have a problem with Origin's DRM like STEAM's. So there is that which is nice. And not to mention, Origin's game freebies, and promotions have been much better than STEAM's.

Just some of the few things Origin has over STEAM, but overall, I still prefer STEAM. 

Jun 24, 2014 at 2:07 AM Post #115,918 of 177,747
  With steam, you don't get anyone and are left to take a hike. There is rare 1 in 1000 times of support doing something. 

I like that it is keeping a game client. 

They obviously did market research on sTEAM and noted things it did poorly. I'm defintiely sure STEAM's poor cookie cutter layering was put down as Origin's layering is much much clearer and better (granted less features). 

Did I also mention they have a game return policy? Origin will let you 'return' a game.........

I have yet to have a problem with Origin's DRM like STEAM's. So there is that which is nice. And not to mention, Origin's game freebies, and promotions have been much better than STEAM's.

Just some of the few things Origin has over STEAM, but overall, I still prefer STEAM. 

Mixed bag for me.  There are things that Steam does a bit better, and there are things that Origin does a bit better.  At the end of the day, Origin isn't quite the punishment people make it out to be.  

Jun 24, 2014 at 4:44 AM Post #115,919 of 177,747
Interesting :
http://www.cnet.com/news/astonishing-headphones-with-clarity-like-youve-never-heard-before/
Though I don't know how I feel about them releasing 3 versions of these within a year.

Interesting indeed. So expensive....

The girl at the end is pretty cute though

@ Micey

Cute? Meh.....appeared to me like the kind of lady that I really don't want to hang out with.

I like Steam. Very handy piece of (sometimes not so great working) software.

Jun 24, 2014 at 5:10 AM Post #115,920 of 177,747
Oh Jesus Christ.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-06-24/japan-animation-blu-ray-disc-ranking-june-16-22/.75879

Love Live... That's like double most Bakemonogatari and Madoka volumes. That's 30k away from UC7's 110k mark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back