「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jun 27, 2014 at 12:35 AM Post #116,117 of 177,747
Omg, spotted a Miku tour bus.

Jun 27, 2014 at 12:41 AM Post #116,118 of 177,747
Omg, spotted a Miku tour bus.

pics nyaa or didn't happen

No spoiler impressions of anime/manga series dealing with taking care of kids. 

Someone asked me to give my impressions on them so here is the quote:
  My Girl (Sahara Mizu) would be a great starting point. On a more general scale, many may find the others to be better in different categories. But I found My Girl by Sahara Mizu to be the only one that had close to everything. And especially, FEELS.

Try that one out first.

Ai****eruze Baby, Another one that is more on the SoL side, but that also deals with family relations and a personal relationship I loved was Ai****eruze Baby. It's more casual, but also intricate in its relationships at the same time. For the most part, the manga is much better, but the anime has a few differences. Most of those differences being taking out some questionable content the manga featured, and slight story changes. The only reason I would suggest watching the show is if you REALLY liked the manga. Ai****eruze Baby anime is one of the few shows that actually features a child voice actor in the series. It is unbelievably cute whenever she speaks. Anytime I re-read the manga now, I can hear the adorable voice squeaking through.

Usagi Drop is also quite casual, and pretty similar to Ai****eruze Baby, difference being that the caretaker is AGES older. This however, creates a new different take on story and handling situations. The manga is a different beast alltogether. Many hate it, some love it. Everyone has different opinions of it. I personally didn't hate it, but didn't find much in it.

Clannad After Story, is of course, the ultimate one. It requires a lengthy initial series and then second one. And has a plethora of additional movie content and games to go with it. However, Clannad, if you haven't seen it already, is a romance masterpiece of our generation. It doesn't do anything different different, but it provides you a look of a massive amount of time for the characters (almost a decade) with decent detail, and it executes it fairly well. You develop a great love and care for the characters, and the story is a journey through their happy times, the tough times, and especially life. Most series here require some tissues, but this show. Requires more than a box.

Haven't finished Kurenai yet. Watching it right now.

Jun 27, 2014 at 12:44 AM Post #116,119 of 177,747
Jun 27, 2014 at 1:49 AM Post #116,123 of 177,747
Sadly I was in a taxi and on the phone talking. Could not take the picture.

Jun 27, 2014 at 1:57 AM Post #116,124 of 177,747
Watched it years ago...... don't remember what it was about anymore...

I redact my earlier impression of it.

It is one of the few shoes in where the director knew wht he was doing and coulnt care if u liked it otherwise

Certainly not memorable but a good themed work of literature

Sadly I was in a taxi and on the phone talking. Could not take the picture.

Miku bus in uk..... Hmmmm

Jun 27, 2014 at 1:58 AM Post #116,125 of 177,747
I am not in UK atm!

Jun 27, 2014 at 2:07 AM Post #116,126 of 177,747
Watched it years ago...... don't remember what it was about anymore...

That's not good. It's been years since I even picked up my Love Hina books and I still remember bits and pieces.

I am not in UK atm!

Where are you? Or rather where did you actually see the bus?

Jun 27, 2014 at 2:39 AM Post #116,128 of 177,747

Users who are viewing this thread

Back