AÜR AUDIO IEMs
May 9, 2024 at 9:47 PM Post #3,557 of 3,636
Their policy for warranty is six months when the norm is a year or more.

Then there's all this warning regarding the management of the iem; they don't cover any failure of the connectors, no driver flex, and more.

Have you not read their policy before buying?
The warranty period is indeed on the lower end compared to established big brands but the conditions are largely in line with other brands as well just that they are specific. In the end if you are uncomfortable you can choose not to buy.

May 9, 2024 at 10:00 PM Post #3,558 of 3,636
The warranty period is on the lower end compared to established big brands, but the conditions are largely in line with other brands as well, just that they are specific. In the end if you are uncomfortable you can choose not to buy.
Their iem look and feel appealing.

But their conditions, warnings, and warranty are a turn-off besides readings in forums with QC issues.

May 9, 2024 at 11:12 PM Post #3,559 of 3,636
Great, I've been looming around getting it.

It's just the unusual time for warranty and warnings that causes me to take pause.

I've not seen a serious manufacturer with this aura around it, especially if their product is of high quality.
I've asked about that in person. It's to keep costs to the absolute minimum. So, you don't pay a cent more for a warranty you won't use, or packaging you admire for 5 minutes. That's the logic. Essentially a business can give you a 5-year warranty, or a pelican case, but it's priced in. Maybe you can drop Nicholas a message and ask if there are other options.

May 10, 2024 at 3:13 AM Post #3,560 of 3,636
Am giving Aetha a miss until Aur release its flagship Allusion. Meanwhile, Aure and Ascension driven with juice never disappoint.

Posted in PB5 thread earlier.
Finally, the arrival of A2P NOSDAC. Mate with PB5 is Rpm33 at its optimum. Immersive and addictive ticking all my analog sonic attributes. And that full soundstage and layering…OMG…
Struggling to get my Aur Ascension off my ears….

DX260—-SPDIF——A2P NOSDAC——PB5——Aur Ascension.
IMG_0565.jpeg

May 10, 2024 at 8:20 AM Post #3,561 of 3,636
Am giving Aetha a miss until Aur release its flagship Allusion. Meanwhile, Aure and Ascension driven with juice never disappoint.

Posted in PB5 thread earlier.
Finally, the arrival of A2P NOSDAC. Mate with PB5 is Rpm33 at its optimum. Immersive and addictive ticking all my analog sonic attributes. And that full soundstage and layering…OMG…
Struggling to get my Aur Ascension off my ears….

DX260—-SPDIF——A2P NOSDAC——PB5——Aur Ascension.
IMG_0565.jpeg
Does the dac gives a 4.4mm balanced output?

May 10, 2024 at 9:10 AM Post #3,563 of 3,636
I've asked about that in person. It's to keep costs to the absolute minimum. So, you don't pay a cent more for a warranty you won't use, or packaging you admire for 5 minutes. That's the logic. Essentially a business can give you a 5-year warranty, or a pelican case, but it's priced in. Maybe you can drop Nicholas a message and ask if there are other options.
To keep prices at a minimum for who?

Warranty by definition is the time given by the manufacture to cover for defects or quality issues. The more time behind it means better quality, less faulty product.

Usually manufactures give a year or better lengths depending on the lifespan and quality of their product. Some even are for lifetime.

There's other iem manufacturers with similar products with similar prices with a better policy.

Probably charge double for a year of the warranty, does not make any sense.

Last edited:
May 10, 2024 at 9:20 AM Post #3,564 of 3,636
After burning in for more than 100 hours, the Aehta has definitely become more coherent and natural. It is also more apparent that bass lovers should be happy with Aehta's bass quantity and quality. Despite the stronger bass, the bass doesn't bleed into the mid and one can still enjoy Aur Audio's signature mid very much.

For Ascension, I prefer running it through Cayin C9 to make music more dynamic. However, for Aehta, I prefer running it directly from my RS8 as the Aehta is rich and dynamic sounding on its own. (I think it is because there is more bass and treble from Aehta compared to Ascension). Aehta is one attention seeking iem :)

May 10, 2024 at 9:36 AM Post #3,565 of 3,636
AüR Audio Aehta arrived, what a beuty. I will share some more later when I have listened more.

DSCF5092.jpg

Last edited:
May 10, 2024 at 9:55 AM Post #3,566 of 3,636
To keep prices at a minimum for who?

Warranty by definition is the time given by the manufacture to cover for defects or quality issues. The more time behind it means better quantity, less faulty product.

Usually manufactures give a year or better lengths depending on the lifespan and quality of their product. Some even are for lifetime.

There's other iem manufacturers with similar products with similar prices with a better policy.

Probably charge double for a year of the warranty, does not make any sense.
Just relaying the answer to the same question I asked. Personally, as a business, I prefer not to move away from what consumers are used to. Having to explain why 6 months is better than 1 year, or 999 companies offer 12 months and I only do 6, it's not going to help sales and end up being counterproductive. I'll just price in whatever and not have to deal with it. But I don't run Aur, or set its policies. Maybe you can drop them an email. If there is no clear benefit to you. They might change it to what is the industry norm in the future. It's a small business and they're learning as they go.

May 10, 2024 at 12:43 PM Post #3,567 of 3,636
I think this made sense for relatively inexpensive iems. But now when you are well into the kilobuck range it think it's a bit much to say well we are keeping the price down. When I spend over a kilobuck I like to feel that the manufacturer totally has my back...

Last edited:
May 10, 2024 at 1:56 PM Post #3,568 of 3,636
Not defending it. Just relaying. I agree with you.

May 10, 2024 at 3:28 PM Post #3,569 of 3,636
AüR Audio Aehta comparison photos, Aehta - Ascension - Aurora - Alita

Nozzle is very similar to Aurora, so both longer and smaller in width than Ascension. The shell are also quite small and should fit most ears, most of the size is in the depth. So they wont sit completely flush witht the ear, ofc depend on how deep/large your ears are.

DSCF5104.jpg

DSCF5105.jpg

DSCF5106.jpg

DSCF5109.jpg

DSCF5108.jpg

DSCF5110.jpg

Last edited:
May 10, 2024 at 4:15 PM Post #3,570 of 3,636
Warranty by definition is the time given by the manufacture to cover for defects or quality issues. The more time behind it means better quality, less faulty product.

Usually manufactures give a year or better lengths depending on the ….. quality of their product. Some even are for lifetime.

That is only perception, for the most part manufacturers simply default to the accepted norm of 12 months and there is no definitive relationship between warranty period and quality of the product.

If it was as simple as you state every product with a 12 month warranty period would have the same quality which obviously isn’t true.

I totally get your position regarding the AuR warranty but I figure life is to short to worry about something that only has a small chance of actually affecting me directly so I ignored the warranty and have bought three IEM from them. I would like to think that AuR would stand behind a fault after say 12 months even if I had to cover shipping costs both ways perhaps.

You don’t have to think the same of course and there are plenty of other options. Campfire have a two year warranty. Are they four times the quality ? I don’t believe they are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back