Acoustic Research M2 Audiophile-Grade Hi-Res Portable
Jun 21, 2021 at 4:45 AM Post #1,726 of 2,162
I have owned (and still do) both. Different sound signatures, M2 has a slight edge in battery life. M2 also has dedicated Line Out none on Calyx M. Both have janky UI quirks. M2 can be rooted and customized and use streaming services. Calyx M with dual slots offers larger storage options for onboard playback.

which has more ear time in my world?

Calyx M - to me it is a bit more in line with my sound preference regardless of having less runtime. Although, I have run them back to back on many occasions without any regrets.

Don't expect perfection from either, enjoy what they can do for music playback (assuming you like how they sound)
Hi.
I agree. I'm enjoying👍

Jun 21, 2021 at 4:51 AM Post #1,727 of 2,162
Well done ! I have two M2 (one for spare). One of the best all-rounder DAP I ever hard for my headphones (I don't use intras).

Don't forget to install the last firmware. The original one is barely usable. The last firmware is great.

Jun 21, 2021 at 6:04 AM Post #1,728 of 2,162
Well done ! I have two M2 (one for spare). One of the best all-rounder DAP I ever hard for my headphones (I don't use intras).

Don't forget to install the last firmware. The original one is barely usable. The last firmware is great.
That's right!
I enjoy, this is the most "live" DAP. Try the Senn HD650 (with a custom cable for better treble ). This is life, not digital. I don’t change the firmware 2.6.0.0 yet, maybe later.

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2021 at 10:28 AM Post #1,731 of 2,162
Does anybody know a shop where this dap still can be bought (europe prefered, but if shipping and purchasing possible world is ok)
You might need to contact Acoustic Research directly to procure an M2. That’s what I had to do but that was a few years ago.

Jul 8, 2021 at 10:42 AM Post #1,732 of 2,162
You might need to contact Acoustic Research directly to procure an M2. That’s what I had to do but that was a few years ago.
Difficult, I read the company is no more and was bought buy VOXX

Jul 8, 2021 at 12:41 PM Post #1,733 of 2,162
Does anybody know a shop where this dap still can be bought (europe prefered, but if shipping and purchasing possible world is ok)
I got mine brand new last year from the US but it was the last one.
I imprted it in EU.
You know tax and VAT.......
I think I've seen them being sold online in Europe somewhere but they were asking over 1000 euro.

Jul 8, 2021 at 9:20 PM Post #1,734 of 2,162
Difficult, I read the company is no more and was bought buy VOXX
Right, it was VOXX International that I had contacted in 2017. VOXX USA was of no help (I live in North America) and eventually I had success with the Asia branch.I checked thru my emails and this is the contact I used at the time. Maybe it’s still valid and Raymond is still there I don’t know. raymondchan@voxxintl.asia

Jul 9, 2021 at 1:54 AM Post #1,735 of 2,162

Jul 9, 2021 at 1:57 AM Post #1,736 of 2,162
May be try to contact
support@voxxintl.zendesk.com

i got David last january who was very kind (discussing about potential battery replacement for the MZ and battery management to optimize its lifetime).

May be he could help ?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back