Astell&Kern A&ultima SP3000T
May 6, 2024 at 10:25 PM Post #91 of 131
Well, moves were made... 🥳

1715048694796.png

May 6, 2024 at 10:56 PM Post #93 of 131
Like N3 Ultra, when connected to an external amp such as the Mass Kobo 475, the DAP absolutely sings. Again, there is no need for pitchforks; I am not saying it needs an external amp to sound good; I am just stating that when connected to a good amp, it creates a very impressive experience. I am not fully aware of the line-out architecture with this DAP. I know previous A&K devices didn't have a true dedicated line out, but whatever A&K did here, it sounds excellent. No noise and a clean variable power signal are on offer.
Great writeup. So just to be clear, the various tube settings do influence the line out and can be heard through the 475, correct?

May 7, 2024 at 6:10 AM Post #95 of 131
Great writeup. So just to be clear, the various tube settings do influence the line out and can be heard through the 475, correct?
Thanks. Yes, the different tube/op-amp modes are selectable in line out.

May 7, 2024 at 7:22 AM Post #96 of 131
May 8, 2024 at 3:00 AM Post #97 of 131
Patiently waiting for more reviews.

May 8, 2024 at 5:32 AM Post #98 of 131
It is my last day with the SP3000T demo unit, womp womp. I am fairly certain I'll be placing an order for one.

Thank you @MusicTeck for the demo opportunity. While not perfect (nothing is), this DAP is really fantastic. I am hooked on the immersive imaging and mid range. The tonality and tube presentation really has a way of drawing you into the music!

You sell DAPs faster than you buy them. Question is: Will this be a keeper, at least for more than a year ?

May 8, 2024 at 6:42 AM Post #100 of 131
Considering I have never kept a portable DAP for that long, I doubt it. I’d assume only the Mjolnir will break that cycle.
With me its the Naim Uniti Headphone Edition that stands apart .. Everything else is "only temporary" :)

Last edited:
May 8, 2024 at 1:42 PM Post #101 of 131
What a mess. Especially the WiFi. And now the ringing when touched and battery life of 2 1/2 hours on high power !! I'll keep the SP3000, it's just all around a better dap when it comes to sound quality, detail, and staging. The T models have always been a step behind in sound quality and price.
There is still ringing tone on sensitive iems when you touched or set volume? What about interference on wifi? Stil the same problems like SP2000T?
SP3000 is dead silent.

May 8, 2024 at 2:51 PM Post #102 of 131
The WiFI overall seems fine to me unless I go into an area where the signal is weak, there it seems like it can't hold onto a signal. The ringing though... that is something I am not sure I can deal with. I can hear it on tube mode and high current but other modes or currents and it is not really audible.
"The WiFi overall seems fine to me UNLESS"..... That means NO to me. Astell and Kern get it together man !

May 8, 2024 at 3:18 PM Post #103 of 131
You sell DAPs faster than you buy them. Question is: Will this be a keeper, at least for more than a year ?
Unless you are a collector in this hobby, the answer to that question will almost certainly be no.

DAPs lose value badly so if you want to experience the latest and greatest then it makes sense that they come and go quickly.

The fact @aaf evo has heard so many devices means his opinion should count for more imo and how long he keeps them for is by the by.

I've been in this hobby for a very long time and very few devices have ever stayed with me for a year or more.

May 11, 2024 at 4:59 PM Post #104 of 131
Any additional impressions from owners? It's been quiet here for a few days now... Hopefully you're enjoying the SP3000t so much you don't want to take time to post about it. 😄 Especially interested if anyone has tried the Orioles Traillii with it. Thanks!

May 11, 2024 at 5:03 PM Post #105 of 131
Any additional impressions from owners? It's been quiet here for a few days now... Hopefully you're enjoying the SP3000t so much you don't want to take time to post about it. 😄 Especially interested if anyone has tried the Orioles Traillii with it. Thanks!

I am waiting for some more feedback from users also. I was testing the SP3000T with the Subtonic Storm which is a notoriously insensitive IEM. I have some friends that are saying the SP3000T on tube mode is unusable with very sensitive sets such as the Vision Ears X/10 or certain Campfire Audio sets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back