Denon AH-D9200 - 2018 Flagship - Impressions Thread
May 9, 2024 at 9:28 AM Post #4,396 of 4,398
Joined the club yesterday, pleased so far.

I have two ways to drive them at the moment but probably need something better.

First is Fiio M11S where the sound is not bad but perhaps back on where I had hoped.

Second is my Marantz HD-Amp 1 which has quite a good headphone output, with my iPhone plugged in via usb and using the Marantz Dac.

Quite blown away by how much better the Marantz sounds than the FiiO actually.

Maybe I shouldn’t be…

Thinking of getting a used Goldnote DS-10 to drive these cans.

Are there any suggestions of a good amp £500-£1000 for these; my absolute ideal would be a Roon ready unit such as the Goldnote or maybe something from Matrix.

I could however buy an amp with inbuilt dac and maybe use my iPhone or a MacBook as a source, although would rather keep it a simple setup.

May 9, 2024 at 9:33 AM Post #4,397 of 4,398
My suggestion for anyone looking at a single-unit DAC+AMP would be RME ADI-2. That's what I use, and it will be perfect for anything but the most power-hungry headphones. In-built EQ is also a differentiator and a game-changer IMO.

May 9, 2024 at 10:01 AM Post #4,398 of 4,398
Joined the club yesterday, pleased so far.

I have two ways to drive them at the moment but probably need something better.

First is Fiio M11S where the sound is not bad but perhaps back on where I had hoped.

Second is my Marantz HD-Amp 1 which has quite a good headphone output, with my iPhone plugged in via usb and using the Marantz Dac.

Quite blown away by how much better the Marantz sounds than the FiiO actually.

Maybe I shouldn’t be…

Thinking of getting a used Goldnote DS-10 to drive these cans.

Are there any suggestions of a good amp £500-£1000 for these; my absolute ideal would be a Roon ready unit such as the Goldnote or maybe something from Matrix.

I could however buy an amp with inbuilt dac and maybe use my iPhone or a MacBook as a source, although would rather keep it a simple setup.
Hi there.
I can suggest the Singxer SDA2 or Hifiman Serenade. Both sound good. Used with the Denon AH D9200.
Although the Serenade is also a network player but not wireless, so maybe one of the companys cheapper models. I think they have 1 or 2 more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back