DEVA Pro with Bluemini R2R--Combining the Best of the HIFIMAN Latest Developments
Oct 8, 2021 at 8:02 AM Post #16 of 355
Just got the Deva Pro, gave it a 15min listen with the r2r module and it went to the burn-in process.

Very, very initial impression - blown away. Having this kind of sound via bluetooth is ridiculous. As for now I could say that they still have that OG Deva timbre - smooth and relaxed, but more refined and detailed, by quite a margin.

More on that later.

IMG_20211007_214509.jpg
Thanks. Received mine as well. Initial thoughts are similar - they do seem to have a a somewhat different tonality but they are incredibly detailed and resolving. Like my OG Deva I applied a little bass boost and they responded incredibly well. What burn in are you following?

Oct 11, 2021 at 4:14 PM Post #18 of 355
Thanks. Received mine as well. Initial thoughts are similar - they do seem to have a a somewhat different tonality but they are incredibly detailed and resolving. Like my OG Deva I applied a little bass boost and they responded incredibly well. What burn in are you following?
Oh sorry, just saw the post :frowning2:

I don't follow any specific burn-in process...to be honest, I just let them sing for like 100 hours on their own at this point :)

Oct 11, 2021 at 4:33 PM Post #19 of 355
Anyone knows how the sound compares to the Grado GW100 V2?

Oct 15, 2021 at 9:29 AM Post #21 of 355
Never owned the original Deva, so I can't say how much they improved on it, but after spending most of yesterday with the Deva Pro I'm very impressed so far, definitely worth the price if you're trying to free yourself from cables without compromising sound quality

Oct 18, 2021 at 9:40 AM Post #22 of 355
Never owned the original Deva, so I can't say how much they improved on it, but after spending most of yesterday with the Deva Pro I'm very impressed so far, definitely worth the price if you're trying to free yourself from cables without compromising sound quality

Warm sound? What about quality? Are the earpads removable?

Oct 18, 2021 at 10:11 AM Post #23 of 355
Warm sound? What about quality? Are the earpads removable?

I don't know that I'd say warm, smooth or relaxed might be better? There's plenty of detail and good resolution for the price. Highs aren't in your face, bass isn't boosted, mids are well-presented. Build is lots of plastic but it doesn't feel bad, really light. Earpads are removable but proprietary, and the mounting rings are attached to the stock pads. So you'd either need to sacrifice the stock pads to reuse the mounting ring, figure out another way to mount new pads (adhesive?), or hope for 3rd party solutions.

20211018_095541.JPG

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2021 at 4:59 AM Post #24 of 355
We are very glad to introduce the all-new DEVA Pro with the Bluemini R2R! The new DEVA Pro (SRP: $329) picks up where its predecessor left off, offering full-range, audiophile-grade sonics, whether listening via wired or via Bluetooth. The new model builds on the value of the original by incorporating two recent HIFIMAN developments --Stealth Magnet technology and the Himalaya R2R DAC (digital to analog) architecture.
INS-2021-09-23-Deva pro-1.jpg

Stealth Magnets feature a unique shape that enables waves to pass between the magnets without generating interference. Sonics are detailed and transparent, exposing every detail of the recording. Benefiting from the Stealth Magnets design, the Deva Pro enhances body, clarifying imaging and further improving the soundstage.
INS-2021-09-10-隐形磁体.jpg

Packaged with the DEVA Pro is an update to the original Bluemini that enhances detail and overall performance through the company’s HIMALAYA DAC, which features the R2R architecture. A chip composed of an array of resistors with a new algorithm reduces power handling between the chip and peripheral components. As a result, signal-to-noise ratio, total harmonic distortion, and energy consumption are at their most efficient and cost-effective.
INS-2021-09-23-Deva pro-2(1).jpg

Different from DEVA, the DEVA Pro has dual-sided 3.5mm sockets on the earcups, which means that the headphones would be compatible with a dual-sided 3.5mm TRS cable. In addition, the socket on the left eacup is designed to be compatible with the Bluemini R2R or a single 3.5mm TRRS cable.
QQ图片20210923143704.jpg

Specifications:
Frequency Response: 20Hz-20KHz
Impedance: 18Ω
Sensitivity: 93.5dB
Weight: 360g

The DEVA Pro will be available in October 2021. You can find them from our authorized dealers or our official online store.
https://hifiman.com/dealers
https://store.hifiman.com/

Hello Hifiman team,

How would you compare Deva Pro vs Sundara ?

Oct 21, 2021 at 5:23 PM Post #26 of 355
I dig the more serious look of this colorway over the regular Deva, but the biggest upgrade is the dual entry capability, this makes balanced cables a lot easier to source, particularly if one already has some as many of us do, compatible with this set. And the R2R BlueMini is intriguing!
You have to use a single 3.5 TRRS into the left ear up for balanced unfortunately, that is why the balanced bluemini works so they had no choice really

Oct 22, 2021 at 8:25 AM Post #30 of 355
REALLY enjoying these! Just wanted to comment that the Bluetooth sound quality is stellar--and VERY loud volume. I own or have tried pretty much every BT headphone out there and can honestly state that these are the best sounding most comfortable that I have come across.
If you are sitting the fence about buying---get these! I am really impressed---:jecklinsmile::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back