DX260 Digital Audio Player, a New avenue to your music. Preorders have started. Easily replaceable battery. NEW Firmware Update! 2.02
Jan 15, 2024 at 5:14 PM Post #211 of 1,028
I just got one. I opened it, which is easy. You lift the same end that you take the screws out of, just a little and then slide the back towards the same end you just took the screws out of and the back comes right off. The antenna connection is under the battery, so you disconnect the battery and it comes off the double sided take fairly easy, which is nice and then disconnect the antenna and there you are.

Volume control module and the ribbon cable. The black section on the receiver for the cable lifts and you can slide the cable out and then reseat it and push the black lever back down.

You can see where the antenna attaches in the upper left corner of the image.

IMG_3794.jpeg

Yeah I heard from Paul and fixed it already, it was very simple.'

At $1000 this is pretty unacceptable though straight out of the box. On top of that when I unscrewed the silver panel it sort of "slid" across the back plate and scratched it. I'm just left disappointed.

Jan 15, 2024 at 5:27 PM Post #212 of 1,028
I just got one. I opened it, which is easy. You lift the same end that you take the screws out of, just a little and then slide the back towards the same end you just took the screws out of and the back comes right off. The antenna connection is under the battery, so you disconnect the battery and it comes off the double sided take fairly easy, which is nice and then disconnect the antenna and there you are.

Volume control module and the ribbon cable. The black section on the receiver for the cable lifts and you can slide the cable out and then reseat it and push the black lever back down.

You can see where the antenna attaches in the upper left corner of the image.

IMG_3794.jpeg
Anymore pictures while you are it it :wink:

Jan 15, 2024 at 5:31 PM Post #213 of 1,028
Anymore pictures while you are it it :wink:
No. I just wanted to familiarize myself, get a helpful shot and close it up and use it. There isn't much else to see. The chips are all shielded really well. the machining is very nice. The screen is very sharp and nice and contrasty with good color saturation. The DX260 in general is extremely responsive fast.

Need burn in time but the timbre of instruments is exceptional.

Jan 15, 2024 at 5:34 PM Post #214 of 1,028
Yeah I heard from Paul and fixed it already, it was very simple.'

At $1000 this is pretty unacceptable though straight out of the box. On top of that when I unscrewed the silver panel it sort of "slid" across the back plate and scratched it. I'm just left disappointed.
I’m pleased you will get to listen. Hope all plain sailing from here..

Jan 15, 2024 at 5:36 PM Post #215 of 1,028
I’m pleased you will get to listen. Hope all plain sailing from here..

Not really.. now my battery is loose inside my DAP and moves around. I haven't even had this for 2 hours and it doesn't feel like I bought a brand new product. Even though it "works" I have asked for a replacement already. I just can't accept this to be honest. I am glad they helped me fix it (and it was incredibly easy at that) but for $949 I shouldn't be doing any of this.

Jan 15, 2024 at 5:43 PM Post #217 of 1,028
Not really.. now my battery is loose inside my DAP and moves around. I haven't even had this for 2 hours and it doesn't feel like I bought a brand new product. Even though it "works" I have asked for a replacement already. I just can't accept this to be honest. I am glad they helped me fix it (and it was incredibly easy at that) but for $949 I shouldn't be doing any of this.
The battery fits into place and then push it down. Mine stuck in place once I did that, just has to be flat on the contact area wit the tape.

Jan 15, 2024 at 8:04 PM Post #219 of 1,028
Sony Walkmans and even their DMP Z1 is only 1 year warranty. Their highest flagship
https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/digital-music-players-dmp-series/dmp-z1/manuals
IMG_1541.jpeg

Anyways, since you are only focusing on negativities about Ibasso products, and not others, then I will let you be.
Not sure how you say I am focused only on iBasso's one year guarantee when my very last message that are quoting said others should also have longer (though it seems Sony also does only the year for daps), but ok.

Jan 15, 2024 at 8:07 PM Post #220 of 1,028
I know this bias. But why would you think that the subset of people posting here wouldf ber ones that fortuitously never had dap issues?

I do know why there was bias with planes, because the others don't come back. But i think people come here irrespective of whether they've had dap issues in the past.

I take it back. I did have issues with Sony. Either the several hundred dollar model, or the $1,000+ ones, all were as slow as molasses. Almost as slow as the AK Jr, which took literally 5-10 seconds to respond to a command. All returned.

Jan 15, 2024 at 8:59 PM Post #221 of 1,028
I know this bias. But why would you think that the subset of people posting here wouldf ber ones that fortuitously never had dap issues?

I do know why there was bias with planes, because the others don't come back. But i think people come here irrespective of whether they've had dap issues in the past.

I take it back. I did have issues with Sony. Either the several hundred dollar model, or the $1,000+ ones, all were as slow as molasses. Almost as slow as the AK Jr, which took literally 5-10 seconds to respond to a command. All returned.
I was referring to one person's conclusion based only on their own experience.

Jan 15, 2024 at 10:59 PM Post #223 of 1,028
Jan 15, 2024 at 11:14 PM Post #224 of 1,028
Same width and about 1.5 inches shorter. I am also getting great battery life.
Looking forward to your DX240 vs DX260 comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back