fiio e5 modded question
May 13, 2009 at 9:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

00lunar

100+ Head-Fier
as far as i remember some hardcore head-fiers were very kind to fiio e5 modding.

and that is my question...any1 got links for that topic? i can't find it.

i can't remember clearly who wrote about goodness of fiio e5 slightly modded ...GreatDane? SkyLab? HeadphoneAddict? f#%$#...cant remember about the stuff into that post.

i am kindly asking about it because i have w3+um65+dyimod 5.5g + cable
[thanx to qusp] and i can't afford p-51 or Pico atm. so i've decided to go low with my budget and go for fiio e5. will it improve the sound? soundstage? won't it hiss? i am doing it because i don't have money atm so this solution is temporary
atsmile.gif
any help with my answers and link to the moded fiio e5 topic would be appreciated.

regards,
Dave

p.s. Qusp is da man when it comes to deal with person knowing quality and good pricing at the same time
smily_headphones1.gif

May 14, 2009 at 12:03 PM Post #2 of 12
anyone please
smily_headphones1.gif
?

May 14, 2009 at 4:27 PM Post #3 of 12
my e5 wants to know the same thing
smily_headphones1.gif

May 15, 2009 at 12:52 PM Post #4 of 12
Same here! Any info or link would be appreciated!

May 16, 2009 at 8:11 PM Post #5 of 12
ekhm....anyone PLEASE help us here
atsmile.gif
?

May 16, 2009 at 10:12 PM Post #6 of 12
sorry mate; never tried it; I was never a fan of the E3, apparently has very good synergy with some headphones, but I didnt find them. in your case though Lunar00, maybe a good filler (OMG I CANT BELIVE YOU ARE DOING THIS WITH YOUR RIG :LD) because it will allow you to at least have some of the benefits of the DIYMOD because you will be using the LO. all the same i'm shaking my head right now; I only wish I had a spare cheaper amp to donate to you.

May 17, 2009 at 1:53 AM Post #7 of 12
I remember only one member mentioned about he has replaced he preamp chip with an AD8620, but I don't recall any actual guide / picture or not. It won't be too practical anyway since AD8620 doesn't work on lower voltage as the original opamp does so the mod'ed E5 will have pretty short battery life.

May 17, 2009 at 4:36 AM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sorry mate; never tried it; I was never a fan of the E3, apparently has very good synergy with some headphones, but I didnt find them. in your case though Lunar00, maybe a good filler (OMG I CANT BELIVE YOU ARE DOING THIS WITH YOUR RIG :LD) because it will allow you to at least have some of the benefits of the DIYMOD because you will be using the LO. all the same i'm shaking my head right now; I only wish I had a spare cheaper amp to donate to you.

f#$%$# - now You killed me
smily_headphones1.gif

don't worry - as a good boy i promise that it is TEMPORARY solution. i need to have pico or mustang. right now i am using that funny remote control that comes with ipod 5.5...at least i am using LO .....it is ok but maybe e5 will give me something...anything...time will tell soon and i'll write couple words about: "how bad [or good - ya right pfff] is mixing dyimod 5.5 with westone 3 and very good cable" - lol i can't believe it that i am using 15$ amp with nearly 900$ gear - taht is one big LOL. seriously this is freaky.
tongue_smile.gif
tongue_smile.gif
tongue_smile.gif
: tongue_smile:
tongue_smile.gif
tongue_smile.gif
:tongue_s mile:
tongue_smile.gif
tongue_smile.gif
tongue_smile.gif
:to ngue_smile:
tongue_smile.gif
tongue_smile.gif
:tongue_smi le:
tongue_smile.gif

May 20, 2009 at 1:24 AM Post #9 of 12
allright w3+dyimod + fii0- e5 is a CRAP ...well...mostly

overwhelming bass - downgrading bass won't do the job...it is not so tight and accurate
VERY close mid tones lack of punchness [bass] and neutral sounding
lack of that great transparency
slight hissing

but
scene seems a little more far in some songs

will do more exact review in day or two but amping 1000$ gear with a help of 18$ amp won'T do it. it simply won't.i should have foreseen this one. with x5l + w3 + e5 is even worse.

btw e5 has 40hrs of playing ...if it has to burn in because idk actually.

the mini review was written after 4hrs of listening so i hope it will hange for better.i HOPE.

May 31, 2009 at 3:20 PM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by 00lunar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
allright w3+dyimod + fii0- e5 is a CRAP ...well...mostly

overwhelming bass - downgrading bass won't do the job...it is not so tight and accurate
VERY close mid tones lack of punchness [bass] and neutral sounding
lack of that great transparency
slight hissing

but
scene seems a little more far in some songs

will do more exact review in day or two but amping 1000$ gear with a help of 18$ amp won'T do it. it simply won't.i should have foreseen this one. with x5l + w3 + e5 is even worse.

btw e5 has 40hrs of playing ...if it has to burn in because idk actually.

the mini review was written after 4hrs of listening so i hope it will hange for better.i HOPE.

LOLZ even a BSG CMOY will do you better. maybe look into a used mini^3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back