Focal Hadenys & Azurys Review & Measurements
Jun 6, 2024 at 11:34 PM Post #211 of 217
Unfortunate then, I'll reach out to Focal directly. At least we now know the design is different from the Bathys and the driver is modular, so that wasn't for nothing.

It's very cool until you remember that Focal doesn't sell their drivers separately, then it just becomes cool. Focal are mostly the ones benefiting from it, since it makes their future job easier (for repairs/new models).

Still, as long as you can get a donor pair, swapping will be extremely simple and nearly risk-free. Pretty sure the Hadenys uses the same system too (unlike the big open backs), so that's another plus.
Oh yeah that makes sense so not quite like Beyer then as you can buy their drivers with relative ease. But it’s good to see modular driver design like that. Wish more dynamic driver manufacturers did that.

Oh so the large open-backs you can’t do it with, but you can with the large closed-backs I take it? Would be curious if the Hadenys indeed has modular drivers like the Azurys or not.

Jun 6, 2024 at 11:48 PM Post #212 of 217
Oh yeah that makes sense so not quite like Beyer then as you can buy their drivers with relative ease. But it’s good to see modular driver design like that. Wish more dynamic driver manufacturers did that.

Oh so the large open-backs you can’t do it with, but you can with the large closed-backs I take it? Would be curious if the Hadenys indeed has modular drivers like the Azurys or not.
It's still relatively modular, however it uses yet another driver design. That one is screwed onto the plastic part where the pads clip into, and the port daughter board is directly soldered to the driver unit instead of using a pin system. The magnet is also screwed to the driver unit, so in a way it also has advantages as you can easily access and fix a broken coil solder if you know what you're doing.

The closed back driver and this new portable one both uses a sealed shell, so getting access to the coil requires some heavy prying.

Swapping the open back driver is still relatively easy, but there's more risks than the fully modular and solder-free units.

As for the Hadenys, from what I can see from outside it looks like the same driver unit as the Azurys, it should use the same system. If anyone's willing to confirm it, be my guest.

Jun 7, 2024 at 3:02 AM Post #216 of 217
cable manufacturers will have a field day once this is confirmed!
Personally I didn't wait and already made a nice present for my Hadenys (which I should receive soon)
(4 cores Au-Ag Alloy 7N occ pure lizt + 1% Gold, 99% Pure Silver / Rhodium plugs) :thumbsup:
gonna sound prodigious :)

1717743650862.png

Jun 7, 2024 at 4:56 AM Post #217 of 217
Personally I didn't wait and already made a nice present for my Hadenys (which I should receive soon)
(4 cores Au-Ag Alloy 7N occ pure lizt + 1% Gold, 99% Pure Silver / Rhodium plugs) :thumbsup:
gonna sound prodigious :)

1717743650862.png

For me, I would wait confirmation 1st regarding balanced wiring (or not) - then I can look for cables.

....those plugs look beefy and might not fit the recessed socket...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back