HiBy R6 III (Gen 3) Android digital audio player, Dual ES9038Q2M, Class A / AB amplification switch, Snapdragon 665, Open Android 12 OS, DSD512 / PCM768
Dec 15, 2023 at 10:28 PM Post #1,231 of 1,534
Hi @Joe Bloggs so I've bought the official Hiby Letaher case along with my R6 Gen III DAP. But once I got my dap inside the case I can't get it out. Saying it's extremely tight would be an understatement. Why did your team design this case in such a manner?

Getting it out would require such amount of force that it can damage both the case and the Dap. Can you please share some advise on how to get the dap out of the case without too much struggle? Looking forward to your answer. 20231216_011929.jpg20231216_011658.jpg

As far as I know this is a friction fit case, i.e. if the fit weren't tight the DAP could just slide right out on one end (and presumably be destroyed in an accident). Sorry about that.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Dec 15, 2023 at 11:09 PM Post #1,232 of 1,534
As far as I know this is a friction fit case, i.e. if the fit weren't tight the DAP could just slide right out on one end (and presumably be destroyed in an accident). Sorry about that.
Speaking of HiBy cases, I'd like to put in my vote that future HiBy cases have an opening for the microSD card slot. Taking the card out (to add music files, etc.) is the only time I ever have to remove my HiBy DAPs from their cases and it should be unnecessary imho.

Dec 15, 2023 at 11:19 PM Post #1,233 of 1,534
R6 III stopped responding to connected outputs, only bal4.4 works, and if take out the headphones, the DAP still shows the bal4.4 icon in the notification line. Because of this, I cannot connect my 3.5 headphones, and I also cannot use the line output for my AS. Reboot and wipe don't help. Sadly(

Dec 16, 2023 at 2:11 AM Post #1,234 of 1,534
R6 III stopped responding to connected outputs, only bal4.4 works, and if take out the headphones, the DAP still shows the bal4.4 icon in the notification line. Because of this, I cannot connect my 3.5 headphones, and I also cannot use the line output for my AS. Reboot and wipe don't help. Sadly(
That also happened to me after cleaning output ports with IPA, appears there are microswitches in 4.4 ports, and I had destroyed the membrane coating of it.
So I jumpered those and now I have only 3.5 ports working.

Dec 16, 2023 at 7:21 AM Post #1,235 of 1,534
Hi @Joe Bloggs so I've bought the official Hiby Letaher case along with my R6 Gen III DAP. But once I got my dap inside the case I can't get it out. Saying it's extremely tight would be an understatement. Why did your team design this case in such a manner?

Getting it out would require such amount of force that it can damage both the case and the Dap. Can you please share some advise on how to get the dap out of the case without too much struggle? Looking forward to your answer. 20231216_011929.jpg20231216_011658.jpg
I have the same case, mine is also very tight. Using my thumb I kept trying to push from the bottom where the jack inserts are (holding the unit in the other hand). It took a fair amount of pressure and trying and it moved out bit by bit. After getting it out the first time it now comes out easier doing the same procedure. If all fails, find a really strong friend (maybe a champion arm wrestler) and get him to do the same thing. With some good fortune it will work. 😉😊

Dec 16, 2023 at 10:15 AM Post #1,237 of 1,534
That also happened to me after cleaning output ports with IPA, appears there are microswitches in 4.4 ports, and I had destroyed the membrane coating of it.
So I jumpered those and now I have only 3.5 ports working.
This is very bad (But I didn’t insert anything other than headphones into the jack. In any case, a very strange solution from Hiby when there is a simple solution, a contact group...

Dec 16, 2023 at 10:29 AM Post #1,238 of 1,534
Dear Joe, I suggest that in the next update you add a choice of output settings: Auto, Line 4.4, Line 3.5, 3.5, Bal 4.4. I think many people will start to have connector sensors break down, and this is very sad, because of such a small thing the player turns into a brick with a screen...
At the moment I cannot use any connectors other than the buggy bal4.4 and only in manual switching I see a way out

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2023 at 3:02 PM Post #1,239 of 1,534
I just updated by Hiby R6III to firmware 1.31 recently. Now the Hiby app crashes when trying to do almost anything. It will occassionally still play songs but usually if you try to navigate in any way (change songs, search, change volume, etc) the app crashes. I did the factory reset which made no difference. I have since downloaded poweramp to try playing music through that. Poweramp does not seem to be able to scan all of my music in a timely fashion. It has been scanning for several hours now and it still seems to be scanning. The songs do appear in the "All songs" section but nothing in any of the other sections (Artist, Album, etc.) Also it won't play the songs all the way through. It will start the songs but will eventually stop and will say "unable to play song" after a short period of time.

I only listen to FLAC files saved on the SD card. I have only ever used the HiBy app in the past. Poweramp is the only app I have ever downloaded to the device. It has worked fantastically until this current firmware update where nothing seems to work properly now.

One other thing I had noticed prior to the most recent firmware update is that the HiBy app had stopped playing gapless properly. Sometimes tracks would play without gaps but most of the time there was a small gap between tracks. Not sure what has caused this or if HiBy is aware of this problem as well.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get this thing working properly again? Thanks in advance.

Dec 26, 2023 at 3:13 PM Post #1,240 of 1,534
I know it's a pain having to set everything up again but a factory reset cures many problems, especially after an update.

Dec 27, 2023 at 2:10 PM Post #1,242 of 1,534
Maybe try going back to last stable version? Does HiBy have those available?

Dec 27, 2023 at 2:25 PM Post #1,243 of 1,534
I cannot help but thinking this is just that particular app causing all this grief.

My unit is on 1.31 as well, however, after some initial testing I have abandoned the HiBy app. I just did not like the UI and this weirdo way (sliding in menu) just to exit the app.
Besides it had some serious trouble with some meta data iirc.

Anyway, I am running UAPP Pro. Have it on my phone as well.
It does all those things I need, even Tidal. Qobuz as well. I also installed the system wide MSEB for EQ if I feel the need (mostly for ear buds to increase low end).

The player has not had a single hiccup (purchased 09/2023) and I am using it several hours per day.

Maybe you (those with crashing Hiby app) should give it a go?

Cheers.

Dec 28, 2023 at 10:38 AM Post #1,244 of 1,534
I have been testing both poweramp and UAPP. I have a question for those with experince with these two apps. I can get poweramp to respond to the physical buttons with the screen off, but I can't get UAPP to respond with the screen off. Also, poweramp will respond to the buttons while it is playing, but once I pause it, then it will no longer respond to button presses while the screen is off. So I can pause a song, but then I cannot resume it without opening the player back up and going back into poweramp. Does anyone know if it is possible to get the players to respond properly to the button presses?

Dec 28, 2023 at 11:02 AM Post #1,245 of 1,534
I have been testing both poweramp and UAPP. I have a question for those with experince with these two apps. I can get poweramp to respond to the physical buttons with the screen off, but I can't get UAPP to respond with the screen off. Also, poweramp will respond to the buttons while it is playing, but once I pause it, then it will no longer respond to button presses while the screen is off. So I can pause a song, but then I cannot resume it without opening the player back up and going back into poweramp. Does anyone know if it is possible to get the players to respond properly to the button presses?
There has to be something really wrong with your unit or your Android setup.

I have none of it on mine. Buttons work as expected.

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back