HiBy R6 III (Gen 3) Android digital audio player, Dual ES9038Q2M, Class A / AB amplification switch, Snapdragon 665, Open Android 12 OS, DSD512 / PCM768
Feb 5, 2024 at 11:59 AM Post #1,293 of 1,534
Totally agree...except for one thing. In plugins......Joe Blogg's DRX10K Dynamics. Very special DAP changing magic.
Just found that plugin in my R6 III as well. Need to give that a go sometime today.

TBH, regardless of DAP, Desktop DAC/Amp or whatever: Dear manufacturer, give me power on/off, volume up/down, treble up/down, bass up/down and FORGET all other gimmicks and I will be a happy camper...

Cheers.

Feb 5, 2024 at 1:04 PM Post #1,295 of 1,534
Mate can you share your DRX10K Dynamics plugin settings?
Varies, but at the moment Bass .3
That brings the bass forwards quite a lot.
Depending on my most used IEM at the time...Mids I have at 0 or .1
Same with Treble, at the moment .1. As an older person I sometimes increase the treble more. My older ears tolerate treble more easily. The bass setting has quite an effect. Listening to Sitars as we speak using the Simgot EA500 LM and even at .1 Treble, the ringing of the strings is very nice. It's like salt and pepper, a seasoning to use a bit sparingly, but makes the music taste better.

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2024 at 1:21 PM Post #1,296 of 1,534
Just found that plugin in my R6 III as well. Need to give that a go sometime today.

TBH, regardless of DAP, Desktop DAC/Amp or whatever: Dear manufacturer, give me power on/off, volume up/down, treble up/down, bass up/down and FORGET all other gimmicks and I will be a happy camper...

Cheers.
If the sound is to your liking even without all this gimmicks then you can call yourself really happy 😊

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2024 at 11:03 AM Post #1,298 of 1,534
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Feb 11, 2024 at 10:54 AM Post #1,299 of 1,534
It will be available as well, yes.
Thank you for your reply.

I have another question about Android:
It’s great that you have Andoid 12 on your devices!

But are there any plans to upgrade the Android version in the future?

(This would be also interesting for older devices.
There are great Hiby DAPs out there with already only Android 9, like RS6).

Feb 12, 2024 at 3:41 AM Post #1,300 of 1,534
After days of to and fro between Hiby M300 and Hiby R6 III, I ended up with the R6 III (blue). Out of the box, the battery was at 0%, I don't recollect when was the last time I received any device with zero battery out of the box. I think that it was in stock for long with the seller as the packaging box seems to be the old one. Not worried though, just wanted to know if it was a common occurence with other buyers as well. BTW, the blue color looks awesome, and I wish a leather case was already included.

Feb 12, 2024 at 6:33 AM Post #1,301 of 1,534
After days of to and fro between Hiby M300 and Hiby R6 III, I ended up with the R6 III (blue). Out of the box, the battery was at 0%, I don't recollect when was the last time I received any device with zero battery out of the box. I think that it was in stock for long with the seller as the packaging box seems to be the old one. Not worried though, just wanted to know if it was a common occurence with other buyers as well. BTW, the blue color looks awesome, and I wish a leather case was already included.
My R6 Gen iii was at 0% too. Although no problem with charging.

Feb 12, 2024 at 8:10 AM Post #1,302 of 1,534
Please suggest how to have a fixed line out mode on 4.4/3.5. Currently the line out is changing with volume adjustments and is not a fixed one. I checked the settings but couldnt figure out.

Feb 12, 2024 at 8:36 PM Post #1,304 of 1,534
Please suggest how to have a fixed line out mode on 4.4/3.5. Currently the line out is changing with volume adjustments and is not a fixed one. I checked the settings but couldnt figure out.
If you update to latest firmware version, there may be separate volume memories for the line out vs the headphone out. Then, simply set the volume to 100% and leave it there.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Feb 13, 2024 at 5:54 PM Post #1,305 of 1,534
EDIT: Finally got it to boot up and ran a factory reset. Gonna be looking elsewhere for my next DAP.

Anyone know how I can hard reset an R6III that's stuck in a bootloop? It was working fine two days ago when I last used it, but today it was entirely frozen and it took several tries to even get it to shut off with the hardware power button. Now it seems permanently stuck at the boot splash screen (I went on a 45 minute walk and when I got back it was still booting up).

Battery was at 39% when I turned the screen on today, so I know it's not out of power. I literally didn't do anything with it since I last used it. I have no idea how this happened. This is the third major issue I've had with this device since I bought it 9 months ago (HiBy replaced my first one for hardware issues, and another time it randomly corrupted the SD card overnight). Really, really dissatisfied here...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back