Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
May 22, 2024 at 7:29 AM Post #18,123 of 18,249
I am sure that you can definitely get opinions as to similar sounding IMR units to BC2023 in this thread.
Though I never had own one, my impression was that BC was never a truly bass-head IEM.
So if this is what you are curious about there are other items from this company around. Also there are great value for money second hand IMR IEMs with amazing bass. I consider my recently acquired NaLe an insanely good sounding, looking, built IEM for the price for example.

May 22, 2024 at 8:19 AM Post #18,125 of 18,249
Good afternoon all! For anyone looking for replacement cables, I bought an Openheart 2 core silver plated copper cable for my Enigmas from Aliexpress. Cost me £17.69 and it's probably the best quality cable I've ever got from Aliexpress. It's got a good weight to it and is a good match for the Enigma.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003953159196.html

Last edited:
May 22, 2024 at 8:36 AM Post #18,126 of 18,249
https://redape.my/products/fiio-lc-re-replacement-cables-2-5mm-4-4mm

buy this relatively inexpensive cable, it is a very good sounding cable for ENIGMA+, very balanced sound.
I wanted to put it up for sale because I haven’t used it for a long time, but I accidentally listened to it with ENIGMA+ and was impressed by the sound. It's good that I didn't sell this cable.

May 22, 2024 at 8:41 AM Post #18,127 of 18,249
https://redape.my/products/fiio-lc-re-replacement-cables-2-5mm-4-4mm

buy this relatively inexpensive cable, it is a very good sounding cable for ENIGMA+, very balanced sound.
I wanted to put it up for sale because I haven’t used it for a long time, but I accidentally listened to it with ENIGMA+ and was impressed by the sound. It's good that I didn't sell this cable.
FiiO makes great cables. The best stock cable I ever had came with the FiiO FH5.

I personally wouldn't call that one "relatively inexpensive" though. Not in my "relative" universe. :relieved:

Last edited:
May 22, 2024 at 10:44 AM Post #18,128 of 18,249
FiiO makes great cables. The best stock cable I ever had came with the FiiO FH5.

I personally wouldn't call that one "relatively inexpensive" though. Not in my "relative" universe. :relieved:
Well, it’s relatively inexpensive ($150) compared to the insanely expensive cables from 500 and above)

May 24, 2024 at 1:29 PM Post #18,129 of 18,249
I'm trying out he Golden lower filter with the blue upper.
Does anyone know what's with the white foam in the gold lower ?
And why is it the only lower with the foam ?
The Gold lower seems to muffle the treble as well
Over all Gold + Blue sounds good.

Also Seraph Gold lower has the foam but the Enigma+ Gold has no lower .
Strange !

May 25, 2024 at 5:28 AM Post #18,132 of 18,249
Since they are offering enough discount I am sure those will disappear soon.
I am curious though why not any NaLe appear on eBay. Maybe to few items distributed and sold in the first place.
If they are running on fumes and building models by hand as and when Bob gets the time and parts together, makes sense to build the most expensive ones rather than something with a much lower profit margin. Guess he needs to get enough cash together for another bulk run of Na-Le before that makes any sense commercially, given the other stuff that's still undelivered.

Just an uneducated guess. On a related note, have been using my Enigma+ as my daily driver since I got it and it is a fantastic sounding piece of kit. He needs to find a way of mass producing them, as they are just so different and so good that it SHOULD be getting talked about in the TOTL IEM threads.

May 25, 2024 at 6:28 AM Post #18,135 of 18,249
That is a used unit
I don't think these are used units even if he says otherwise. For example the open back Enigma have never been sold new. How would he have 2nd hand units? the only parts that may be used are the cables

Users who are viewing this thread

Back