• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Apr 5, 2023 at 7:23 PM Post #12,406 of 18,248
Hi,
Anyone has experience with Fatfreq IEMs? there is a lot of hype on them, in particular for their bass. I wonder how good they are compared to IMR

Apr 6, 2023 at 5:03 AM Post #12,409 of 18,248
My absolute favorite IMR in ear at the moment is the seraph+. It arrived a few days ago after a long journey and I really enjoy it at the moment even without burn in.
Somebody in Russian IMR community has recieved Titans. OOTB Bob's endgame impressed a lot. The user said that they are even better than Mest mk2, also that he has ordered Seraph+, but after some briefing with Bob he changed to Titans. He underlined excellent treble, and space. But this is the first impression, burn in just has to begin.

Apr 6, 2023 at 7:45 AM Post #12,411 of 18,248
I ordered the Seraph+ because it is my only IEM with mems and I own IEMs with similar driver configurations as the TITAN (Avalon) .
OOTB treble on Avalon was fine, but after burn in it rolled too back for my taste. Indeed on Titans there are 4 EST drivers (on Avalon there are 2)
The most important thing is different dynamic driver technology. Avalon's it's more "relaxed" wide band driver, on Titan three is more punchy bespoke adlc driver with big diameter. However, mem drivers are really interesting
trollface_PNG43.png

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2023 at 12:05 AM Post #12,412 of 18,248
So I have had my downs mostly but one amazing up.. I bought 4viems this month. Rah23 good enough. Ozar (waiting), Legato.1 day away and ..,..,the surprise I em I can't put down Sender MT500. Just fing WOW. 1ba, 1dd, 1 planer and it does it all well even fast metal. Analog, natural, cymbals 110%. These are my new go too. Best cable ever by 100to the 100th. Bass is IMR style. Imm in love and it just loves tubes!!

Apr 7, 2023 at 6:26 AM Post #12,413 of 18,248
After some time with the 7HZ Legato and having been using the IMR Bass Cannon 2023 as my daily driver. Although the Legato is a really good bass IEM, the Bass Cannon is all round a more well tuned IEM. The BC is soulful and very musical. It's bass may not be quite as deep as the Legato, but the BC is everything IMR is about and shows Bob to be a master tuner, and the BC bass has oodles of impact. What cannot be denied is the Legato is amazing value at less than £100, but the BC is simply more musical than the Legato.

Apr 7, 2023 at 8:03 AM Post #12,414 of 18,248
The Elan + is coming to my collection. Really looking forward to seeing if it really is the new star of the range.

Apr 7, 2023 at 11:19 AM Post #12,415 of 18,248
I'm so confused about the BC 2023, I have had almost no sub bass and even mid bass has not been much to talk about. Now it's around 400 hour burn in, last week I burned them in much higher than what I'm used to for 20 hours. All happened due to accident since the amp where set to high gain.

And guess what, there is bouldering sub bass and punchy mid bass now.

Started slowly to write my review this week, starting now to play with the filters. I do prefer the black lower nozzle with purple upper. Good balance with full bass and also good treble.

Red lower and green upper is also a good one, more balanced sounding to me.

Tips that I can use that seal well is TRN T tips, I have changed for a thicker and better copper cable from ISN.

PXL_20230407_130923364~2.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2023 at 3:26 PM Post #12,416 of 18,248
IMR customer service is unparalleled!

Here's their response when I've expressed my concerns about the treble of my Rah 2023:

Hello Nick,

Due to the planar within the Rah it can have an old-school analog sound to it, or it may be that you’re used to listening to brighter IEMs which is why the treble may be distant within the Rah. As we tested this before it’s unlikely that the IEMs are faulty.

Would you like us to send you our Elan+ to compare it to? And if you’re happy with that pay the difference, or if not, you could return both and receive a refund for your Rah?

Kind regards,

Brandon
IMR Trade

And, later on:

This will be a new unit, I shall have it tested before we ship it out.

We’ve done some testing on the Elan+ and everything spot on. We’ve sent this via Royal Mail today, here is your tracking number...

So, I am expecting the Elan+ by Monday or Tuesday :)

Apr 7, 2023 at 4:30 PM Post #12,417 of 18,248
I would agree with that description of the rah 23s. I really... really dig it.

I bought the R2 Reds from jonparker...they're excellent and such a different feeling from the Rahs. Sharper...maybe... more assertive. Rahs feel more laid back, there's better than average separation, wide enough soundstage for me, bass is still killer, but would agree treble feels like it drops off even on blue tops and compared to other sets it's probably harder to position/locate sounds...all said, I have no complaints.

They're not for critical listening by any means but there's something about them ...

I had a bad experience with Sundaras that made me fear treble (made my ears itch and feel like...I don't know...they were bleeding). That said, and despite the elan+ announced as a treble head set, I am curious about them.

Apr 7, 2023 at 4:53 PM Post #12,418 of 18,248
I would agree with that description of the rah 23s. I really... really dig it.

I bought the R2 Reds from jonparker...they're excellent and such a different feeling from the Rahs. Sharper...maybe... more assertive. Rahs feel more laid back, there's better than average separation, wide enough soundstage for me, bass is still killer, but would agree treble feels like it drops off even on blue tops and compared to other sets it's probably harder to position/locate sounds...all said, I have no complaints.

They're not for critical listening by any means but there's something about them ...

I had a bad experience with Sundaras that made me fear treble (made my ears itch and feel like...I don't know...they were bleeding). That said, and despite the elan+ announced as a treble head set, I am curious about them.
I agree with you about the Rah 2023.

One of the things I am hoping/praying for, regarding the Elan+ is the fit.

When I am wearing my Rah 2023 I need to have the chin slider always pulled up, and even then I feel the urge to push the right IEM further inside my ear. It is not required but I have this feeling that it might fall out. I am using the Spiral Dot tips.

When it comes to treble, I need it. Because I am listening to Electronica and it is a Must, together with the bass.

Apr 7, 2023 at 5:03 PM Post #12,419 of 18,248
IMR customer service is unparalleled!

Here's their response when I've expressed my concerns about the treble of my Rah 2023:

Hello Nick,

Due to the planar within the Rah it can have an old-school analog sound to it, or it may be that you’re used to listening to brighter IEMs which is why the treble may be distant within the Rah. As we tested this before it’s unlikely that the IEMs are faulty.

Would you like us to send you our Elan+ to compare it to? And if you’re happy with that pay the difference, or if not, you could return both and receive a refund for your Rah?

Kind regards,

Brandon
IMR Trade

And, later on:

This will be a new unit, I shall have it tested before we ship it out.

We’ve done some testing on the Elan+ and everything spot on. We’ve sent this via Royal Mail today, here is your tracking number...

So, I am expecting the Elan+ by Monday or Tuesday :)

That's very cool. I have a feeling you'll be keeping the Elan+ and sending back the Rah.

Last week, as reported, I used the single black filter on the E+ and thought it solved all my (treble) problems. But earlier this week it felt a little closed, so went back to blue lower and gold upper. Not sure what voodoo is at play (the units, my ears, the relative humidity outside, Paul Goldschmidt's batting average), but things seem to be falling in place and the E+ are coming into their own.

Spacious, layered, full.

Apr 7, 2023 at 5:12 PM Post #12,420 of 18,248
May the Force be with all of us, IMR believers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back