Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Apr 13, 2023 at 7:58 AM Post #12,497 of 18,246
Does Anyone own the simgot ea500 and a pair of IMR iems ? I would like to know if the nozzles are interchangeable between these two IEMS ?
Thank you.
Nope IMR nozzles are bigger

Apr 13, 2023 at 8:02 AM Post #12,498 of 18,246
Apr 13, 2023 at 10:06 AM Post #12,499 of 18,246
To the Elan+ owners, @Zeppmeister , @jon parker

I am at around 123 hours of burn-in of my Elan+ and the treble and upper midrange now sound kind of muffled, veiled. Until a couple of days ago, it was not like that, the treble was crisp and vivid. Is this normal? Will it get fixed with more burn-in?

(Personally, I do believe so, lots of hours still to reach 700, just asking)

Thank you

Apr 13, 2023 at 10:11 AM Post #12,501 of 18,246
After I started actively listening after 300 hours of passive burn in, I was getting a healthy dose of treble. Not too off putting but enough to try various filter combos. Not sure if I'm just getting used to it or something has changed, but it's less of a concern now.

I would expect you'll get treble back in time. With IMR, I think it's best to not make any judgements until you get around 500 hours. Or more.

Apr 13, 2023 at 10:15 AM Post #12,502 of 18,246
After I started actively listening after 300 hours of passive burn in, I was getting a healthy dose of treble. Not too off putting but enough to try various filter combos. Not sure if I'm just getting used to it or something has changed, but it's less of a concern now.

I would expect you'll get treble back in time. With IMR, I think it's best to not make any judgements until you get around 500 hours. Or more.
I know, I understand, I fully agree. I already have experience with my Rah 2023. I just thought to ask a question :)

Thank you

PS: @Dsnuts , will you review the Elan+ ?

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2023 at 10:17 AM Post #12,503 of 18,246
I know, I understand, I fully agree. I already have experience with my Rah 2023. I just thought to ask a question :)

Thank you
Sure! Elan+ have the most treble of any IMR I've used, so I can't imagine you'd have issues. Possible, yes, but Bob can fix it if needed.

Apr 13, 2023 at 11:05 AM Post #12,504 of 18,246
I haven't had the time to read the review, yet. but how did you find the fit? Have you achieved a "perfect" fit?
Actually I used two different kinds of tips. One the included silicone, then switched to a personal favorite that’s wide-bore silicone. Placement and IEM balance are easy to get correct. The shape, size and weight, along with the surfacing are sublime.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2023 at 11:13 AM Post #12,505 of 18,246
Sure! Elan+ have the most treble of any IMR I've used, so I can't imagine you'd have issues. Possible, yes, but Bob can fix it if needed.
IMR customer service is Amazing, Impeccable! The fact that they permitted me to test a brand new Elan+ and also keep my Rah 2023 with the option to return one of them or even both, says it all.

If you don't mind me asking, what made you select the Elan+ instead of the Rah 2023? From what I can gather, you're into 70s Rock, among other genres? Wouldn't Rah's analogue sound suit that kind of music a bit better?

Apr 13, 2023 at 11:15 AM Post #12,506 of 18,246
Actually I used two different kinds of tips. One the included silicone, then switched to a personal favorite that’s wide-bore silicone. Placement and IEM balance are easy to get correct. The shape, size and weight, along with the surfacing are sublime.
Happy it fitted your ears! Do you think @Dsnuts will review the Elan+ ?

Apr 13, 2023 at 11:21 AM Post #12,507 of 18,246
If you don't mind me asking, what made you select the Elan+ instead of the Rah 2023? From what I can gather, you're into 70s Rock, among other genres? Wouldn't Rah's analogue sound suit that kind of music a bit better?
Probably because I had the original Elan and loved it. I had a real emotional attachment to it. Nevertheless, I eventually decided the Dark Matter was just a bit better (mostly staging) so I sold the Elan. And while I enjoyed the DM, I didn't have the same love for it. Funny how gear can mean so much.

When the Elan+ was announced, I was curious. Interested. But thought it was just a little too much for my budget. Late in 2022 I decided it was time to be more conservative in my audiophile purchases, but still couldn't shake my curiosity about the E+. When @roygbiv6 was over the moon with his pair, I couldn't resist and put my DM up for sale. I think the Elan+ may be the endgame IEM for me (I know, famous last words).

Perhaps if I was familiar with the first Rah, I would have gone that route.

Apr 13, 2023 at 11:25 AM Post #12,508 of 18,246
Happy it fitted your ears! Do you think @Dsnuts will review the Elan+ ?
Well, it would be cool to get his ideas about the products. But so far he hasn’t talked about what he has got? Once in a while I will hear about stuff he is working on.........nothing about IMR from him?

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2023 at 11:33 AM Post #12,509 of 18,246
700 hours :confused:

If you've got to wait 700 hours for something to sound enjoyable there's something wrong.
Not if you know you will enjoy it for ever.

Apr 13, 2023 at 11:40 AM Post #12,510 of 18,246
Not if you know you will enjoy it for ever.

I had a set of iems last year which I kept hoping would change as they didn't sound as good as others said theirs did. Approx 700 hours came up and I had enough and moved them on, turns out they needed adjustment.

I agree with burn in to an extent, especially for dd's but not many hundreds of hours.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back