Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feb 26, 2024 at 2:38 PM Post #17,447 of 18,249
As you have had the opportunity to listen to and review both Dawn and NaLe, I was wondering if you could tell us if Dawn is both technically and sonically the equal of NaLe. I ask this as Dawn was offered as a replacement for NaLe at one point, with some users embracing the change and according to Bob, Dawn was a fair change. What do you think?
I would expect NaLe being a tad more detailed Dawn with more of that eerie immersion voodoo of the BC present also.
Already Dawn, is one of most cohesive, weighty, non-fatiguing IEMs I've heard.

Feb 26, 2024 at 3:12 PM Post #17,448 of 18,249
I would expect NaLe being a tad more detailed Dawn with more of that eerie immersion voodoo of the BC present also.
Already Dawn, is one of most cohesive, weighty, non-fatiguing IEMs I've heard.
I don't have Dawn, but so far I have not noticed anything special related to BC in NaLe. Tried with different tips ensuring more close fit. It is on more musical analogish side than being detailed so far. Let see how it behaves after more burn-in. The most I like about Nale is that it is very easy to drive than all of IMR I had in the past. Already loud enough even after reducing ten clicks of volume bar than the previous IMRs.

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2024 at 4:46 PM Post #17,449 of 18,249
Any other easily available wide bore tips you like ?
My vote goes for the Comply foamies.

A few tracks I like with the Enigma+

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2024 at 8:12 PM Post #17,450 of 18,249
I've found myself enticed by the Craft Ears Omnium and have been looking at my collection to see what to clear out to make room for it. Decided to have session with my Old Friend the RAH. Nope, no need to get the Omnium I LOVE this IEM - it's absolutely sublime. Musical, Muscular, Technical, Emotional and Engaging. Honestly I really think this IEM was Bob's masterpiece. That 15mm Beryllium DD doing full duty across the spectrum but with lots of weight and resolution down low, that Planar bringing in luscious creamy mids and the Piezo sparkling above it all. My Lust for a new toy has been quenched with an old fav! Well, almost quenched - I couldnt help it, I've got the Multiverse Mentor showing up tomorrow!

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2024 at 4:13 AM Post #17,451 of 18,249
I don't understand people who keep saying good things about Sony IER-Z1. I bought it 2 years ago and returned after 2 days. This thing is just impossible to use: it weights a ton and has a huuuge body. It is really impossible to keep them inside the ear whatever you do. Because of that, I have never been able to properly listen to them. Very bad design from Sony

It must depend on ear size etc.

I've had the Z1R for over 6 months with no fit issues, the body is big but not the biggest compared to some IEM's and I've never had the earphone fall out of my ear. For me it's been one of the best fitting earphones I've owned.

Feb 27, 2024 at 12:07 PM Post #17,454 of 18,249
Seraph are fine iem's someone will enjoy them.

A poster said recently that there isn't much difference between their Enigma and Titan, but someone from IMR (B) reportedly said last year the new AMT was way ahead of even Titan.
The new ones always better than the old one when you're trying to sell it.

Feb 27, 2024 at 12:31 PM Post #17,456 of 18,249
Seraph are fine iem's someone will enjoy them.

A poster said recently that there isn't much difference between their Enigma and Titan, but someone from IMR (B) reportedly said last year the new AMT was way ahead of even Titan.
This is what Brandon had to say just before I bought Enigma

It's not possible for us to give a comparison as we don't have these ourselves, but we have customers who own IEMs from these brands who also own our Titan model and in their opinion the Titan far exceeds these other models. Now the AMT is a huge leap up from the Titan, so I hope this will give you an idea on what to expect. They are exceptional.

We currently only have 1 build slot left for these.

Feb 27, 2024 at 12:38 PM Post #17,457 of 18,249
There's a pair of Seraph just been listed on Ebay. Starting bid of £700 for anyone who's interested. Seller is donkiddickmark. Don't know if it is someone who uses this thread or not.
If any one wants to buy a Seraph or an Avalon let me know please. Will do better for anyone from this forum.

I might just keep the Avalon because it's so different from the Enigma and it has awesome bass. But Seraph has too much overlap with the Enigma.

Feb 27, 2024 at 12:43 PM Post #17,458 of 18,249
The new ones always better than the old one when you're trying to sell it.
If some one does a frequency match with Titan and Enigma, would that prove how different they are ?
Just a random thought.
On some songs even the Seraph isn't too far apart from the Enigma.
Obviously Enigma is finer , nuances etc ,
But the foundation sound of Seraph and Enigma are the same.

So Its easy to believe that Titan and Enigma are twins.

Feb 27, 2024 at 12:56 PM Post #17,460 of 18,249
I've found myself enticed by the Craft Ears Omnium and have been looking at my collection to see what to clear out to make room for it. Decided to have session with my Old Friend the RAH. Nope, no need to get the Omnium I LOVE this IEM - it's absolutely sublime. Musical, Muscular, Technical, Emotional and Engaging. Honestly I really think this IEM was Bob's masterpiece. That 15mm Beryllium DD doing full duty across the spectrum but with lots of weight and resolution down low, that Planar bringing in luscious creamy mids and the Piezo sparkling above it all. My Lust for a new toy has been quenched with an old fav! Well, almost quenched - I couldnt help it, I've got the Multiverse Mentor showing up tomorrow!
Looking forward to your impressions of the multi verse mentor.
It's going to be awesome.
Keep us posted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back