Matrix Element S - finally a dedicated streamer from Matrix!
Dec 29, 2023 at 5:29 AM Post #137 of 163
Good morning

Message of caution > in fact I have just updated (wrongly) the MA application available today (Friday 29), and it is not good at all
- The album tracks are all mixed up (disordered), which was not the case before.
- Disappearance of track duration information in the listing

I do not recommend doing this update.

Jan 2, 2024 at 4:33 PM Post #138 of 163
Hello,
Are any news of bug fixes or Roon certification?

It looks like the element s is a great piece of hardware if only it would work as planned.

Doesn anyone have a close connection to Matrix Audio and knows if they are on it or abandoned?
I just read that the Element S is now Roon

News] element S is now certified by Roon​

「Matrix Audio」 element S passed all the tests by Roon and becomes a Roon Ready device. It becomes the 11th model of 「Matrix Audio」which is certified by Roon. The certification status of element S in your Roon software will be synced from the Roon server gradually. If the device is still marked as "Uncertified" in your Roon, please wait patiently.
/uploads/image/2023/12/11/dda9c7118d37204c2b451d9dc926e512.jpg

Now you can enjoy the music from Roon through element S, start the new journey of high quality streaming audio. Remember to keep your Roon software up to date.
By the way, we are pushing forward the Roon Ready certification of mini-i 4 and mini-i Pro 4. Thanks for your understanding and tolerance.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2024 at 11:12 AM Post #139 of 163
I have mainly been using my own library from the NAS a lot lately, so I can't say I've spent any significant time with Tidal via Roon on the Element S. Certainly not with any critical listening. I will have to see if I can try it out when I get a chance to listen for any discrepancy.
Hey Project86,
Happy New Year! Now with the certification will you do a full review?
regards,
Jeff

Feb 2, 2024 at 7:33 PM Post #143 of 163
I have quite a few downloads and CD rips that use the track number first in the filename (ex. 01 Song Name Here) and also have the track number in metadata (along with artist, album, song title etc.), but the Element S seems to only list songs on an album in alphabetical order instead of track order. It also does not display the album art, which are saved as Cover.jpg or Cover.bmp. Has anyone else seen this issue? Is it the Element S or the phone app? Any ideas on how to fix it before I set to experimenting?

I appear to have the latest version of the phone app and have 1.0.6 on the Element S. It had some trouble updating to 1.0.6 and i had to do a firmware recovery, so I declined updating to the latest 1.0.6 build today since I wanted to so some listening.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2024 at 9:34 AM Post #144 of 163
I did finally upgrade to the latest version of firmware, but the issue I noted above still persists. Has anyone else seen the Element S or the MA Remote app just disregard all track number information and play each album in alphabetical order of track title?

Feb 13, 2024 at 12:25 AM Post #145 of 163
I did finally upgrade to the latest version of firmware, but the issue I noted above still persists. Has anyone else seen the Element S or the MA Remote app just disregard all track number information and play each album in alphabetical order of track title?
There is a small menu which allows you to choose playback in alphabetical order or by track number, maybe this is your problem, but I don't remember where to find this little ''pop up'' to set the preferred choice !!!
(The setting by track number is the “default” one).

Feb 13, 2024 at 11:19 PM Post #147 of 163
Thanks, I'll have to look for that and see if it helps.
... For other information, the pictogram for this small menu is represented (on IOS and Android) by 3 small horizontal lines one above the other and a vertical bar on the right side of these 3 lines (this vertical bar looks like number 1 but turned to the right)

Feb 13, 2024 at 11:20 PM Post #148 of 163
Thanks, I'll have to look for that and see if it helps.
This Pictogram on Android and iOS can be seen when you have chosen an album > at the top on the right side of the screen.

Feb 25, 2024 at 2:51 PM Post #149 of 163
Strange, I don't see such an icon in MA Remote to allow me to change the playback order. Perhaps this is because my music is stored on a network drive instead of local USB?

Feb 26, 2024 at 5:11 AM Post #150 of 163
Strange, I don't see such an icon in MA Remote to allow me to change the playback order. Perhaps this is because my music is stored on a network drive instead of local USB?
... I don't see why it wouldn't appear in your mode of use, it seems to be part of the options of the MA application.

Have you tried to ask the question(s) on the forum of the Matrix Audio community site in the section concerning the Matrix S or the section concerning the MA Remote application?

Wei Cao should answer you on this site

Users who are viewing this thread

Back