Metrum Acoustics Menuet DAC
Dec 21, 2016 at 5:40 AM Post #48 of 71
Had the octave mkII now have the menuet and did compare it to the musette. For me the Menuet gives me what i was looking for in
Naturalnes, flow and detail retrieval.
Musette is a little more laid back, more calm and some "thickeness" can be heard sometimes but only when a/b with menuet.
This has been said many times but it is true that the musette has similar sound signature but musette brings that extra energie and extention.
This is when using BNC input .
Pavane might get you that %10 more when used in balance mode
But the rest of your set up has to be up to the task too
In my situation the menuet had the perfect balance price/sound ratio

Using with speakers no headphones

Dec 21, 2016 at 7:05 AM Post #49 of 71
Had the octave mkII now have the menuet and did compare it to the musette. For me the Menuet gives me what i was looking for in
Musette is a little more laid back, more calm and some "thickeness" can be heard sometimes but only when a/b with menuet.
This has been said many times but it is true that the musette has similar sound signature but musette brings that extra energie and extention.

Thank you for your input. :)

I am just concerned that the sound will be too smooth. I prefer a little sparkle on the top frequency. :)

Dec 21, 2016 at 10:59 AM Post #50 of 71

Thx. 

Have u compared it to ygg? I think those two are competitors at the same price..

Dec 21, 2016 at 3:07 PM Post #52 of 71

Thx. 

Have u compared it to ygg? I think those two are competitors at the same price..

Hi Peachcore,

Since i am Canada the YYG here is at the same price point than the Menuet
YYG  has more 'sparkle'  if i take into account  what i have read in forums
So Maybe its The Dac That Whill Is looking for  :)
yyg is an excellent dac too but different flavour 
other thing is that i  have 0 music in HD
 everything that i listen to is in wave/flac  or using it with a cd transport so 16/44
never tried 24/96 or higher with menuet

Dec 21, 2016 at 3:09 PM Post #53 of 71

Thx. 

Thank you for your input. :)

I am just concerned that the sound will be too smooth. I prefer a little sparkle on the top frequency. :)

too smooth that's is subjective to the listener 

you are right some may find NOS dac too smooth but the Menuet is one of the least ''smooth''  nos dac's that i have heard or owned.
At the end, i  chose other sound attributes instead of sparkle, but i know what you mean
i am using silver Ic and i think it blends well

Dec 22, 2016 at 2:55 AM Post #54 of 71

too smooth that's is subjective to the listener 

you are right some may find NOS dac too smooth but the Menuet is one of the least ''smooth''  nos dac's that i have heard or owned.
At the end, i  chose other sound attributes instead of sparkle, but i know what you mean
i am using silver Ic and i think it blends well

Thank you for this input :)

I will definitely take this into consideration when choosing DAC. 

Dec 23, 2016 at 7:03 AM Post #55 of 71
I compared it with the Yggdrasil, before choosing the Menuet. The choice was not easy because they are probably the best dac in this price range.
I found the Yggdrasil more sibilant (bright?) and forward.
The Menuet is more natural, deep and warm.
For my system it is the perfect match.
But you cannot go wrong with these 2 dacs

Dec 24, 2016 at 3:49 AM Post #56 of 71
I compared it with the Yggdrasil, before choosing the Menuet. The choice was not easy because they are probably the best dac in this price range.
I found the Yggdrasil more sibilant (bright?) and forward.
The Menuet is more natural, deep and warm.
For my system it is the perfect match.
But you cannot go wrong with these 2 dacs

That's one of the reasons ( other than music enjoyment) why i like this hobby. It's to have the opinion of other pair of ears ( brain of course)
For me the menuet is not " warm " it is maybe if we put it against the yyg but again it depends of the remainder of your system
The way the menuet present or display the continuity of the music, it does it in a very convincing way. It persuade me that i am hearing something closer to live performance than 0 1 0 11 0 1 0 11
For me, this dac is a good compromise to live performance

Merry christmas :)

Jan 30, 2017 at 12:37 AM Post #60 of 71
hello to all im thinking of changing my modimultibit to fund an upgrade to metrum musette. also does this dac pair well with a tube amp like earmax pro. finally anyone used intona wth musette. there would be no problem using intona with a musette like any other dac? thanks to all. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back