Sony IER-M9 impressions thread
May 13, 2024 at 11:23 AM Post #3,196 of 3,203
But they are very cheap.
This is exactly what I like about them, affordable and collectible.

massive peak around 5.4kHz
Thank for your super detailed impression! I really appreciate it. I see these peaks very often with monitors, the whole JH audio lineup have an unaturally boosted peaks at around 6k regions. Live engineers seem to rely on this peak a lots to control annoying peaks within their mixes. Thus, the peak on the EX800st is understandable although it would probably take a bit of time to get used to for me as a regular IER-M9s user.

Other than the peak, I'm totally fine with other issues as a collective item.

May 14, 2024 at 6:45 AM Post #3,197 of 3,203
That is a tough question.

If i would be you, i would just listen to the IER-M9 and be happy^^ that is what i did. I owned the XBA-N3, XBA-Z5, IER-Z1R and TG335 and tested tons of IEM like the VE6/VE8, Mach 70, Moondrop S8, FiiO FA9 and whatnot.

At least since i discovered the COMPLY T(Z)-200 i am almost exclusively listen to my IER-M9.

Is sold all other IEM except for the Acoustune HS1300SS and the CHIKYU-SEKAI 5/COSMOS e-earphone edition which i gifted to my girlfriend and my father.

Yeah, you might be right. I might hold off buying anything else until I get to CanJam London in a couple of months.

So you prefer those COMPLY over, say, Sony EP-NI1000? Are the T-200 ones with wax guards or without?

Cheers

May 14, 2024 at 7:49 AM Post #3,198 of 3,203
It doesn't matter whether one finds EP-NI1000 better or not as they are discontinued. Need to cope with EP-NI1010 which aren't that good (but they're still more than decent).

AZLA SednaEarfit Foamax seems like a good alternative to Comply although I haven't tried those.

May 14, 2024 at 8:16 AM Post #3,199 of 3,203
It doesn't matter whether one finds EP-NI1000 better or not as they are discontinued. Need to cope with EP-NI1010 which aren't that good (but they're still more than decent).

AZLA SednaEarfit Foamax seems like a good alternative to Comply although I haven't tried those.
It doesn’t matter to you perhaps. But I have stock of them and they last donkeys years; still on my first pair.

May 14, 2024 at 10:11 AM Post #3,200 of 3,203
Yeah, you might be right. I might hold off buying anything else until I get to CanJam London in a couple of months.

So you prefer those COMPLY over, say, Sony EP-NI1000? Are the T-200 ones with wax guards or without?

Cheers
T-200 ware without waxguard, TZ-200 are with waxguard. But you can remove it. I did in the beginning but after an intensive A/B, i stopped caring.

After testing what feels like all earpieces that exist on the market, i use COMPLY exclusively with the IER-M9. There are others who sound good too, but they do everything i want for me

- Very good isolation
- Very high comfort
- Very good sound

If you want a bit more treble, you can either mod them (just cut off the tips of the foam down to the silicone core) or get for the TRZ-200, but modding is very very easy and you have the choice to do it or not. So i'd recommend that.

But they loose isolation and the treble can be a bit too strong then. I just use the T(Z)-200 Stock and i'm happy. From time to time i mod them, but they have more than enough treble unmodded.

May 14, 2024 at 10:29 AM Post #3,201 of 3,203
It doesn’t matter to you perhaps. But I have stock of them and they last donkeys years; still on my first pair.
I’m glad I stocked up as well a year ago. If I had to choose I’m more partial to the Sony’s as they are airier and have that extra silicone like sparkle. Comply are more linear and sound more correct.

May 23, 2024 at 6:33 AM Post #3,202 of 3,203
1716460380274.jpeg

May 23, 2024 at 11:36 AM Post #3,203 of 3,203
So after almost 3(?) years my stock balanced cable finally began to actually disintegrate, the rubber ear hooks are all sticky and leave residue, and the mmcx sleeves have began to unglue. The cable works just fine though but I think it’s time to retire it. Thanks again to Damz87 for the original balanced stock cable that I will be using now! :ksc75smile:

I wonder for those that have been using the stock cables, how long has yours lasted?

IMG_2434.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back